what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
    ^^^Such a clean looking bike (and clean garage as well).

Ed
    The clean looking garage is all in the camera placement...trust me

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
    I noticed that too. And he bought an OEM petcock.
    Yup...Had a Pingal for years, and if finally started leaking. The OEM was cheaper.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

OK, this was a couple of days ago, but my son got a new exhaust system for his bike.
      Had to make some adjustments, he caught me "in the act".

Will show more of the project when parts come back from being ceramic coated.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Today i was able to work on my motorcycle and change the oil and oil filter all by myself without asking for any help from my dad, who was also working on his motorcycle and changing the oil filter on his bike. Cant wait to ride this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Charmayne View Post
          Today i was able to work on my motorcycle and change the oil and oil filter all by myself without asking for any help from my dad, who was also working on his motorcycle and changing the oil filter on his bike. Cant wait to ride this year!
          You go, girl. Welcome to GSR!
          sigpic
          09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
          1983 GS1100e
          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
          1980 GS1260
          Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Hey all, new to this thread because I am a new GS1100es owner and I have a tech question. I am trying to rebuild my original tach and I am using parts from a slightly different tach. Can anyone help me with splicing the 3 lights in the middle back into the wiring harness. Does anyone have a schematic for this or perhaps have a photo of the wires from an original tach. Thanks for any info and yes, I have looked online but I can not find one that shows my type of tach or where or how the tail/stop, battery, or Head lamp connect to main harness. Thanks again.

IMG_3772.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Yajirobeus View Post
              Hey all, new to this thread because I am a new GS1100es owner and I have a tech question. I am trying to rebuild my original tach and I am using parts from a slightly different tach. Can anyone help me with splicing the 3 lights in the middle back into the wiring harness. Does anyone have a schematic for this or perhaps have a photo of the wires from an original tach. Thanks for any info and yes, I have looked online but I can not find one that shows my type of tach or where or how the tail/stop, battery, or Head lamp connect to main harness. Thanks again.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54035[/ATTACH]
              Hello, and welcome to the Forum! I found these guys a little over a year ago when I bought my '81 GS850G. They have been a HUGE help!

To answer your question, we need to know what year of bike you have. Also..... your photo shows many lights, and there are no doubt other lights behind the gauges that you could be referring to. I can't tell from your question exactly which lights you're talking about.

Beyond that, I would go on Ebay and find either a genuine Suzuki manual for your model, or one from Haynes or Clymer. Any of those will have a complete wiring diagram for your bike that should answer your question. Just be very careful when tracing out the wiring, and make sure you pay attention to the wire colors. Generally, when there is a connector somewhere along the length of a wire, the wires on either side of the connector will be of the same color. So if you see one color plugged into a different color, that's probably a pretty good clue that something isn't right.

This is on Ebay right now; it may be the one you need.....

Hope this helps!
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Yajirobeus View Post
                Can anyone help me with splicing the 3 lights in the middle back into the wiring harness. Does anyone have a schematic for this or perhaps have a photo of the wires from an original tach.
                I bet someone does....but you will be better served by copying your post, and re-posting it in the electrical section of the forum.

Also check out the "GS Bible" where you can find just about everything maintenance related for your bike.

Suzuki GS motorcycles maintenance and information (GS850GT)
                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                  You go, girl. Welcome to GSR!
                  Thanks Bob; she has actually been a part of the site for some time now but just doesn't post much. She's been getting very excited to ride this year and is hoping she'll improve from last year.

And as she said, I also changed my oil tonight but had to replace the acorn nuts as I found one had stripped out. I think I have an unseen broken thread on that stud though as it was still difficult to work with.
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Somehow, I missed your prior posts. I guess that I don't spend much time in the tech forums any more. Big welcome to GSR membership! We've noted your actions for years. You'll quickly get the hang of it.
                    sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Welcome to the Forum "Officially" you coming to the Brown County GSR meet this year?
                      Best,
                      -Jedz
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                        Welcome to the Forum "Officially" you coming to the Brown County GSR meet this year?
                        Best,
                        -Jedz
                        Yes, she's been for the last two years - first was on the back of my bike (the helmet eating picture in the picture of the week game), second was on her own last year that ended sadly for both of us. She's really looking forward to the trip this year.

Can't wait to put a face to your posts; I live my new bike fantasies through you
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          OK, this was a couple of days ago, but my son got a new exhaust system for his bike.
                          Had to make some adjustments, he caught me "in the act".

Will show more of the project when parts come back from being ceramic coated.

Look at that Bad A$$!
                          HAHAHA
                          I really like the clock!...
                          I just really like your shop in general!
                          Can't wait to catch up in a few months!
                          Best,
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                            Yes, she's been for the last two years - first was on the back of my bike (the helmet eating picture in the picture of the week game), second was on her own last year that ended sadly for both of us. She's really looking forward to the trip this year.

Can't wait to put a face to your posts; I live my new bike fantasies through you
                            Nice it will be great to meet both of you Scott!
                            HAHAHA Well I'm glad I'm being an adequate vessel for you to live vicariously through!
                            Last edited by Jedz123; 02-21-2018, 08:57 AM.
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                              Time to get the old GS back up and running. She has sat for some time, (over a year). Needs a carb cleaning, and a new petcock. So here we go.

Well the carbs are done and back on, but it turned out the petcock hole was enlarged for the Pingel petcock, and the OEM won't seal. I could have made an adapter plate, or had the tank welded, but I just ordered a new Pingel. Should be here today.

I hate when something simple, isn't.

Comment

OK...New (Pingel) petcock installed. Carbs clean. Running good. Just needs an oil change.

Comment

Working...
                                X