what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Good that you found that. Seems like something that needs to be attented to.
    But I am not understanding something about why it mattered which wrench you used.
    I'm thinking whoever mounted the tires before might have used an air wrench and over-tightened the bolt past what was supposed to be done. I couldn't get it off with my standard ratchet but could when I had the leverage of the longer handled torque wrench.

New bolt is ordered from Iron Pony (they said I could get it maybe Tuesday but no later than Wednesday while local dealer said 5 days. I'm really hoping I'll see it by Thursday so I can spend Friday getting ready to leave.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I hope your part comes in time. You've been planning this for a long time.
      sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Getting ready to check the valves on the Trophy....Need to blow some dust off, before I open her up.

Here she is...undressed:

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

OK...That's it for today. Gettin' hot in the garage.

Comment

Replaced a dead power lock actuator on the family car (Honda Pilot). More fiddly then difficult. I watched a couple of YouTube videos last week and they made it seem much more difficult. ...The door panel removal video definitely sped things up.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Oil change. I also noticed that one of my front brake hoses had a bit of a twist / torque on it. It must have spun a bit while tightening it earlier this year. Fixed.
              Bought new grips to finally replace the old ones. They are thin and several years ago the grip heaters melted a hole in one of them. Not installed yet.
              Getting excited for the upcoming trip....
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                Getting ready to check the valves on the Trophy....Need to blow some dust off, before I open her up.

Here she is...undressed:

Thanks for posting these interesting photos, because I've never seen a bike frame like that.
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                  Thanks for posting these interesting photos, because I've never seen a bike frame like that.
                  Large diameter tube backbone, or some such thing. Just the engine and the backbone, no down tubes.
                  Triumph used this as a standard frame for most of their bikes in the '90s.

Comment

Finally put finishing touches on the front gate for our spring fence project. Not bad if I say so myself for someone that nowhere near resembles a carpenter or wood worker.

by soates50, on Flickr
                    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Nice work!
                      sigpic

Glen
                      -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Very nice work Sandy

Picked up the new axle bolt from Iron Pony today and after asking Steve for help making a repair to the axle threads, Charmayne and I mounted both tires. I now just need to put the fairing back on tomorrow night then take a quick ride to scrub off the tires. My trip is now a go fortunately although it's looking like I'll need to wear my rain gear from home to the Illinois state line on Saturday.
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Nice fence/gate ya got there....pretty.

Checked the valves on the Trophy yesterday and looks pretty good. Didn't have a metric feeler gauge, just a standard one, hence the odd metric readings.
                          Some of the exhausts are slightly wide, and two intakes are close to the too tight side, but I don't think it is worth taking the cams out for that.

Do need to order a new valve cover gasket. The old one has pretty much lost any flexibility.

Comment

Linkage issue on a 1950 Chevy Delux...

Never even sat it one before and I got to Drive it all over Rhode Island today...

Comment

Coolness...
                              sigpic

Glen
                              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Beautiful!
                                I bet that front grill weighs more than my GS.

3 speed on the column?
                                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X