No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been waiting for a sprocket, filters and gasket set. Gasket set is still coming so I just punched a few out of gasket paper. Changed oil and filter, popped off the crankcase covers and did a fast polish on them, oil pump mod, new chain and sprockets. Of course then the obligatory test ride was in order. gs750e small.jpg
    1986 1150EF
    2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Big Block​ That is a very nice looking bike. I would never part with a motorcycle like that.

Comment

Thanks! I love the way it looks too and it rides really well.
        1986 1150EF
        2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Every time I looked at my bike, one little thing bothered me. So the other day I took care of it.

Before:

After:

The hard work earned me a beer and a nap....
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I had some help

More of the story here
            This general discussion area is to be used as the <b>non-controversial topics</b>. This forum is open to all. Forum rules apply!

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

My '83 GS750SE is ready to go with new tires, clutch and other doodads. Waiting for the temperature to rise, as it's only 55 degrees Fahrenheit this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Sixdog View Post
                thumbnail_IMG_1093.jpgFinished my restore on my Australian model Wes Cooley...
                Thought the Oz models had spoke wheels??
                1982 Katana 1100, 1997 HD Ultra Classic, 1996 Buell S2T, 2002 BMW K1200RS, 1969 Royal Enfield Interceptor Triton project
                New project 1979 GS1000S
                Recently sold 1979 Honda CBX1000

Comment

Out for a very nice ride when a jumper cable some one dropped across the road had a loop that caught my side stand ( did not see this). I thought it was going to wrap around the wheel. Managed to stop in time. An Amazon driver honked his horn and said I was dragging something. I have no idea how long that thing was dragging behind me. Took it off, continued on ride. Bike started surging, acting weird. I got to the top of the hill where I live (50 miles later), and the bike died, I was able to coast down hill into my drive way. I had no head light, but had instrument lights. Turns out I did not tighten the battery posts tight enough and the bike was running off the battery. I have charged the battery, and the bike started right up. I had just put a new front tire, new clutch and clutch springs, and replaced all the carburetor tubing. It's running like a champ. Tomorrow will be the 2nd drive since working on it. Hoping for an uneventful ride.

Comment

Cr@p, there's a lead, and it's getting very hot. When I disconnect and connect it, the temperature gauge clicks. I'm wondering if the temperature gauge sending unit is bad. Too burnt out today to chase the B/w line wire down to see what the heck is going on, 12 volts coming from that wire, and the other end goes to the ground side, connected to the ground cable!!. Oh well, any suggestions would be highly appreciated (1983 GS750ES, owned since new). I only mention this, as that means the wiring harness is virtually untouched except for the dreaded Stator/ Voltage R/R fix, otherwise all wiring is stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
                      Cr@p, there's a lead, and it's getting very hot. When I disconnect and connect it, the temperature gauge clicks. I'm wondering if the temperature gauge sending unit is bad. Too burnt out today to chase the B/w line wire down to see what the heck is going on, 12 volts coming from that wire, and the other end goes to the ground side, connected to the ground cable!!. Oh well, any suggestions would be highly appreciated (1983 GS750ES, owned since new). I only mention this, as that means the wiring harness is virtually untouched except for the dreaded Stator/ Voltage R/R fix, otherwise all wiring is stock.
                      Black/white stripe is ALWAYS ground. Find out where the 12v is coming from.....
                      sigpic
                      09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                      1983 GS1100e
                      82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                      1980 GS1260
                      Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Thanks, that's what I thought, looking at the schematics. Thanks a lot! I have a feeling when I was trying to convert to LED signal lights, I may have wired something wrong up front. I'll pull the fairing and check everything out.

Last edited by Suzukian; 09-04-2023, 11:25 PM.

Comment

My Taco needed some tunes.
                          I think I covered my needs and those within a 1/2 mile

7 speakers - Kicker matched 3.5's coaxials, 6.5's coaxials, 6x9 3-way.
                          6.5 Skar sub
                          1300 watts (advertised)
                          PRV DSP
                          Those ported 6x9 boxes are amazing

Resized_20230903_190435.jpg

Current:
                          1993 ZX11 - 2nd build in progress
                          1977 GS750 (710 is getting closer)
                          1998 Kawasaki Voyager - selling
                          1998 Chevy C2500
                          1999 Rav4

Comment

I also managed to get some taping in... Paint soon.

Resized_20230903_115254.jpg

Current:
                            1993 ZX11 - 2nd build in progress
                            1977 GS750 (710 is getting closer)
                            1998 Kawasaki Voyager - selling
                            1998 Chevy C2500
                            1999 Rav4

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post

Black/white stripe is ALWAYS ground. Find out where the 12v is coming from.....
                              You were right!! I accidentally Hooked the Black with White Line to the Black wire on the rear signal light, and back fed 12 volts into the system. All seems well now. Nothing is getting hot. Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by johnod View Post

Thought the Oz models had spoke wheels??
                                No, from what I know they came as you see it ... only that originally they have gold accents.
                                80 GS1000s Wes Cooley, 82 GS1000sz Katana, 83 KZ1000r Eddie Lawson, 79 Honda CBX, 83 Honda CB1100rc, 84 Honda VF1000f, 86 Honda VFR750, 93 Honda CBR900rr Urban Tiger, 86 Yamaha FZ750, 01 Honda CBR1100xx

Comment

Working...
                                X