• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel nut?

I used one wrench today !

(my GS700ES needs new tires)

Comment

Runningdog, great improvements for the 850G. I still need to instal the bars on mine.
      I used 15W in the forks.

Daniel

Comment

Got it toasty inside. First time the darn heater didn't want to work in years!!!
        Took several tries to get it going, and I used it YESTERDAY! Got the floor painted, sorta.
        My sprayer refused to function in the cold. No adjustment changes would make it spray more than a trickle.
        It would have taken forever!
        So, I rolled the darn thing. First coat anyway...

After heating the spray gun in the path of the heater, it started to work so I painted some of the back,
        side and front with some oil-based/tinted primer...

Didn't get to making the door...
        High of 25 today!

Comment

7981, man's gotta have a cave.....looking like good progress, I think I never had so much satisfaction as working on my shack, even though it took all summer....wiring, siding, insulating, painting, pavers around the outside, organizing/building bench and shelves.

Get as much power to your shed as you can (I put a 20amp and a 15amp circuit into mine, and it's almost not enough).....

Comment

I built work tables for my shop today from some treated 2 x 6 and 4 x 4 lumber that I had from a deck that I removed from the house a couple of years ago. My son-in-law calls them Armageddon tables. When Armageddon comes, he wants to be under one of them for protection.
            I built 2 each 30" x 9 ft and 1 each 4' x 4'. All of them 36" high with 4x4 posts for legs. I can pretty much put anything I want on them and work on it.

Comment

Work on the humidifier today. Dang water valve was stuck. Working good now.
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I finished a second coat of paint on the floor, started to build the attic supports and got a couple of babies into their new safe home...

For a pleasant change, that is NOT SNOW on the floor.
                Plenty to be had... OUTSIDE!

Daniel

Comment

Today I decided to clean out the shop, and make some room so I could work on some winter projects that I have plans of doing. Well as I got started I pulled a 80GS750E that I had gone through 5 yrs ago from the back wall and started assessing what needed to be done to finish this project. I had already done all the electric upgrades, carbs ,boots , and o-rings, adjusted the valves. New K&N filter ect. So as it looks I need to find a tank and a set of side covers, blow the dust off Oh and a seat cover. I never fueled the bike after all the work . I had purchased a tank, and seat but ended up stealing them for my 1100e project, now I need to find some more.
                  1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                  80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                  1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
                  83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                  85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                  1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                  “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                  If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Got the old valve stem seals out finally:

And did some polishing. Not up to the standard I've seen numerous times on here, but certainly good enough for what I want:

And I'm liking the Suzuki emblems minus the black too, just for something a little different.
                    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Nice looking shop. They are never large enough, though. Mine's filled to capacity. I carpeted my shop, and it's a bunch nicer laying and sitting. I work year-round between 60-75 degrees.[heat and A/C]

Comment

So you're the one!!!

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                        I started this thread in march 2010 just because i was bored and wondering what other people were doing to break the cabin fever..I cant believe it has been going so long!!! Wonder now what has been the longest running thread here on the forum so far???
                        Hey Chuck, gettin' enough answers to your simple question?
                        Bill
                        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I haven't had much time since starting my new job, but the plan today is: Mow the front lawn, colortune and sync the carbs on the GS, maybe move the CB750 around and play with it some more.

Comment

Oh, I better make some time for the wife too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 81GS750 View Post
                              ...but the plan today is: Mow the front lawn...
                              Dude...you need to move north...no need to mow up here...
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by MMIssile View Post
                                Nice looking shop. They are never large enough, though. Mine's filled to capacity. I carpeted my shop, and it's a bunch nicer laying and sitting. I work year-round between 60-75 degrees.[heat and A/C]
                                The Suzuki Barn is basically a storage facility.
                                My garage is about 80 feet away from it.
                                The idea is to make enough room to get back into the garage.
                                My next project is to pour a concrete pad extension next to the driveway and
                                build a shed to wheel the 5-7 V-8 engines on stands into that are also occupying the garage space.
                                Then, I will regain the space to actually work on bikes in a climate controlled/ not cramped space again.
                                I also had a carpeted garage in the past, great for crawling around looking for those dropped parts!

Daniel

Comment

Working...
                                X