X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
    Finished stripping this...
    Didn't get much done today.

Oh, got hired for a new job before I got home from the interview at 7 A.M.
    (The phone was ringing when I walked into the house.)

And, got another job offer this evening after I pulled the Cooley in.

Daniel
    Nice work. And congrats on the job.
    sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
      Finished stripping this...

Pulled the engine and put it on my Suzuki stand...

Aftermath...

Pulled in the Cooley for surgery...

Didn't get much done today.

Oh, got hired for a new job before I got home from the interview at 7 A.M.
      (The phone was ringing when I walked into the house.)

And, got another job offer this evening after I pulled the Cooley in.

Daniel
      Which one did you take?
      Current Bikes:
      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Ripped out all my relay wiring today. Implementing a completely new design which uses 2 relays and 2 terminal strips. It will turn the headlight off durng cranking, power my fuse box, Fiamm horns, grip heaters and coils. And have several openings for additional items (GPS, iPod, etc.).

Comment

Doing some porting on an 83 GS1100 head for a client today. This is the first work I am doing for them & hopefully it will lead to more! They are a GOOD company that I've been buying parts from since 1983! Ray.

Comment

Finally, got the battery out of the Honda CBF1000 for storage. Fingers crossed it did not freeze.
            Last edited by Guest; 01-19-2011, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Finally got started on the BMW...need to rebuild the forks...

Here she is stripped naked...

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Daughter's boyfriend has got a Yamaha Aerox. He's been riding safely for 3 months now so I agreed I'd de-restrict it for him. He's chuffed. It's actually much safer as he can keep up with normal road traffic now.

The only problem I'll have now is all his mates will be round for the same job. When I did my lad's a few years ago all his mates ended up round my garage promising to buy me a beer (some did, some didn't....).
                79 GS1000S
                79 GS1000S (another one)
                80 GSX750
                80 GS550
                80 CB650 cafe racer
                75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Stripped the thread on one of the left engine mount bolts on the 450

Then started on valve clearance checks:

No clearance on right side with 0.04mm feeler guage, need to do left side and see what the go is.

Not a successful night...
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

What did I work on today....?

s n o w t h r o w e r .

(said slowley, with no enthusiasm)

( negitive 9 degrees F this morning)

Last edited by Redman; 01-23-2011, 09:30 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Not alot...tried to ride the horses today but the step-daughter's hackamore broke at the weld (strange). But I managed to finish cleaning the old gasket off the cylinder head and drilled mounting holes in the air box.
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Not a darn thing except watch the Green Bay Packers destroy the chicago bears.

Comment

polishing side covers, so much fun... they still look kinda bad. lol

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post

Stripped the thread on one of the left engine mount bolts on the 450

Then started on valve clearance checks:

No clearance on right side with 0.04mm feeler guage, need to do left side and see what the go is.

Not a successful night...
                            hey pete was the bike running with no clearance like that? was there any symptoms? just curious
                            Originally posted by tkent02
                            That's not a tree, that's a shrubbery. Now get to work on that old dirt bike
                            John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by GabrielGoes View Post
                              hey pete was the bike running with no clearance like that? was there any symptoms? just curious
                              Hey Gabriel, I've had it apart for years and just recently had the valves faced, so I expect there probably was some clearance when it was running, but unfortunately when I pulled it all apart I didn't know I needed to even check them... have a look in my rebuild thread in my sig. and you'll see just how long ago that was...

Tonight's fun was starting to dismantle the carbs and endeavour to work out what shims I needed... I think I have an idea now.

Also discovered my micrometer is imperial, but has metric instructions, which explains so much weirdness with it...
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I installed new rear wheel bearings and cleaned up the wheel on my 1000G. I removed the exhaust system and started cleaning it up. I think I am going to paint the Y pipes as they are getting some surface rust on them.

Comment

Working...
                                X