No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got the 74 ts185 running last night, sounds sweet. carb was spankin' clean on the inside, installed my 6v battery. the only hold up is the tank. vinegar, nuts, bolts screws, etc. won't budge the black ooze adhered to the left (kickstand) side of the tank. thirty years ago it was gasoline. guess i'll have to bite the bullet and have it hot tanked and sealed at a local radiator shop that does them.

Comment

Checking valve clearance on the Mk.II. Waaaay outside the tolerances...

Comment

Finished up the 79 1000 S today..Had rebuilt the carbs and converted it back to all stock. Finally all six of my bikes are riders again.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
          finished up the 79 1000 s today..had rebuilt the carbs and converted it back to all stock. Finally all six of my bikes are riders again.
          pictures!!!!

Comment

Didn't wrench, only cleaned and polished.
            Current Bikes:
            2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by wes cooley View Post
              got the 74 ts185 running last night, sounds sweet. carb was spankin' clean on the inside, installed my 6v battery. the only hold up is the tank. vinegar, nuts, bolts screws, etc. won't budge the black ooze adhered to the left (kickstand) side of the tank. thirty years ago it was gasoline. guess i'll have to bite the bullet and have it hot tanked and sealed at a local radiator shop that does them.
              My first bike only I think mine was a 78 (maybe) either way loved and it was awesome. I got it in the late 80s and rode it until the mid 90s when little brother let the oil/mix reservoir run dry and finally killed it. should have kept it and rebuilt it but ended up getting rid of it for parts. Awesome bike!!!

Comment

Painted the bottom of the tank just fine...rolled it over to do the top and it was scratched up. I will have to go into town tomorrow and get some more primer filler since I ran out the other day.
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I will post some S pics tomorrow..Its not a restore project..all i did was take the Yoshi and the vm 29s and pods off.. Had to install the OEM airbox and the VM 26s..and stock exhaust.. She needs some degreaser and a brush on the engine because the rubber cam ends are seeping. But some day i will get around to that too.
                  1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Tried to see if I could figure out what was wrong with the dishwasher and failed... then discovered via Google that our model and serial number are potentially part of a factory recall due to a circuit board issue with overheating, so fingers crossed that's what's wrong and it'll be a free fix

PS: I know it's not wrenching but I was close...
                    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Pete...The mental wrenching is often worse than the physical part.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                        Pete...The mental wrenching is often worse than the physical part.
                        Can't help but agree with that!
                        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Bolted the head on the GPz today. Sunday bwringer is coming over and we are going to learn how to degree camshafts. Should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                            Bolted the head on the GPz today. Sunday bwringer is coming over and we are going to learn how to degree camshafts. Should be fun.
                            So, it will be running Sunday afternoon?
                            Don't forget to take some videos.

Daniel

Comment

Watching "Snow White" with the 4 Y/O Grand-daughter.
                              LIFE IS GOOD!

Comment

I've been trying to figure out a brand new wobble at 70 mph since I put my new tires on. Nothing conclusive yet. Worked on a paying job too.

Comment

Working...
                                X