No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New chain and sprockets for my 1100E today.

Comment

Got my new offset sprocket, rear sprocket, and 530 chain today. Attempted to remove the front sprocket with no luck. Soaked everything with PB Blast, may have to try an impact gun.

Comment

Originally posted by 81GS750 View Post
        Got my new offset sprocket, rear sprocket, and 530 chain today. Attempted to remove the front sprocket with no luck. Soaked everything with PB Blast, may have to try an impact gun.
        Had the same problem, I went to Lowes and bought a impact gun for my compressor and it came off in a nano second.

Comment

That's the plan, original sprocket been on the bike for 30 years. Not a fan of using an impact gun, but don't have much of a choice.

Comment

Impact is the ONLY way to go!!! Ray.

Comment

Finishing up the skunk

Finishing up the Skunk Project I bought from Frankenzuki. So far:
              fork legs
              Progressive springs
              seals
              tires
              Gs1100E swing arm conversion
              rear brake master cylinder and caliper
              new tank
              Paint tank and tail and stripe it
              kick stand
              rechrome front fender
              Scrub scrub scrub

Comment

Originally posted by drewandkellie View Post
                Finishing up the Skunk Project

She's a beauty! Good job on the elbow grease.

Daniel

Comment

Cleaned the gunked up carb on my pressure washer so I could clean up a lot more things around my house. More small engine gunked up carbs to go before I'm done making neglected implements work again (maybe I've been riding my bike too much?)

Comment

Ripped the wheels off the XJR1300 in order to fit some new tyres. Will be interesting to see how a set of Dunlop Roadsmart's perform...

Comment

Had to go get quotes on the truck today. Some jerk lady ran my girlfriend off the road and through a barb wire fence (never even stopped). Now have almost 4500 dollars worth of damage (dents, scratches, and a broken mirror) from the fencing. Not only did the truck take out the fence and a guy wire for a telephone pole, she barely missed a pretty good rock, an electrical box, and luckily didn't do any underneath damage to the truck from a t-post.

Last edited by cowboyup3371; 05-03-2011, 09:57 PM.
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I re-installed the carb rack, airbox, and filter box. The filter box had been removed by the PO, in favor of bolting a filter directly on to the airbox, which caused some problems, especially at speed. Man, getting those in and the boots seated on both sides was like playing tetris.

Comment

Worked at the new shop today..Did the carb on a kids Yamaha PW 50 and changed the tranny oil. The guy said it wouldnt start and if it did it stalled right away. Thing was full of water in the tank and the carb. I got it all up and running and it starts first kick. The kid is maybe 5 or 6 and is gonna be happy his bike is back. Then i did a fork seal job on a 97 GSXR 750. Had a lot of the afternoon left, so i did all the calipers on the 78 1000 E project i got going..
                          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Saturday was Arnies B-day. Six of us regional "wrench heads", slapped this litle gem together. Started as split cases and a bench full of pats, and was running by 4:00am Sunday morning.

It had to be done!!!

I painted the tank and side covers about a year and a half ago, and Saturday...I was assigned the "carbs".

Not sure what they were off of, but it was my job to see to it that they fit the 1000 Honda head and boots. 7+ hours later... they fit like a glove. Still need to have a custom center shaft made so the gates all lift at the same time, but we won't sweat the small stuff.

Top end: Honda 1000, with a little "work".
                            Bottom end: Honda 750, with a little "work".

This is one bike, where you wouldn't want to ASSuME anything, you might end up, eating your shirt, among other things...

GREAT time, had by all......................................

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ARNE!

Comment

Picked up a Honda Elite 250 scooter today so I can flip off the gas stations on my daily commute. The PO delivered the scooter to me and bought some tools from me which made the deal even better!

Oh yeah, all I had to do was fill the tires with air and put some gas in the tank on the way back from my 30 mile ride tonight

Comment

Actually got a little done tonight for a change.

Cleaned up the work bench, cable tied the bits of the harness that can be secured, took the carb parts to be painted off ready for prep work.
                                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                                X