No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took the GSX for a test run today and it worked, aside from having a dead battery from past efforts. Had to roll start the bugger when out today. Which was fun when i stopped on a dead flat street . Had to roll the bike 150m down the road to find enough of a hill to be able to light the fire.

Battery is on the trickle charger and we'll see tomorrow if this battery is shot (I hope not), i'll do that along with putting all the tupperware back on the RF.

Comment

wired new to me 96 ninja left hand control, now i have a hazard button plus all other butons dont stick and operate as they should

Comment

adjusted the chain on my wife's W650 and continued to bash on the sprocket cover of my 79 GS. Shift shaft is become one with the cover in some sort of vulcan meld!

Comment

Nothing ....

I got all my maintenance done in March so now I am just riding. I am amazed how reliable this 31 year old bike is.

Last year the bike had some drivability problems because of the carbs. It didnt like to start in temps under 50 F but after going thru the carbs and adding a marine battery in the car this bike has gotten Myself back and forth to work even when the temps dip down in the 30's.

Comment

Replaced the tach wire on the GS750 today. Must have taken seven or eight minutes.
            Tested thoroughly afterwards.
            Works fine.

Comment

Well I've been wrenching on a lot lately but I haven't been contributing!

In the past month I've cleaned and rebuilt the carbs, replaced the front and rear tires, replaced the plugs, changed the oil, tightened and oiled the chain, cleaned and oiled the air filter, replaced the battery, followed the directions in the stator papers and tested the entire charging system, found I need to a new R/R and now I'm just waiting for the part to show up! Once it arrives I should be good to go again!

Had a new fairing that I ordered from eBay come in yesterday but it's going to take a little playing around with to get it to fit properly so I've decided to hold off on it for a rainy day when I have nothing else to do.

Comment

Buff and wax...

Comment

Nothing..put 212 miles on the Cooley though.
                  MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                  1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Spent all weekend getting my 80 CBX running. Had to install carbs, rebuild 3 brake calipers, flush brake masters, basic stuff for a bike off the road for 10 years. It was all worth it though, actually rode it this evening for about 30 minutes, runs like a TOP!
                    Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                    87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                    99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                    15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

1948 Dodge, 1962 Studebaker AND 1983 1100ESD

Started getting my '48 3 window Business Coupe ready for the 426 Wedge, Pulled the carb off my Fathers '62 Gran Turismo AND pulled the GS out of winter storage and started getting it ready to RIDE!!!
                      PLUS...Went on a drive with the Mini Cooper Club of Utah!!!! GOOD DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Put the GS1200G project on hold for a short while and stared on this:

Daniel

Comment

Pulled my needles out and discovered they're adjustable
                          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                            Put the GS1200G project on hold for a short while and stared on this:

Daniel
                            Looks like a Virago engine I have sitting in my yard.
                            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                              Looks like a Virago engine I have sitting in my yard.
                              Somewhat! I have one sitting in the shop...

HD Knuckle Head.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
                                Buff and wax...

Beautiful car. I haven't seen one of those in a long time. The winter road salts eat your car alive here in NY.

Comment

Working...
                                X