No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put my new GS750 emblems on the 77s side covers and added the stickers underneath them. .Also put the freshly painted gas cap cover on my 78 as well.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Last night I installed my new intake boots, freshly cleaned carbs, brand new battery, changed the oil & filter and drained & refilled the final-drive/gear oil.

Fired the ol' gal up and she ran like it was 1982 all over again.

Comment

The de-stinking process

De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

That is heart warming to see the reverence and love she is finally getting Dale..I may pop in and see the ole girl soon.
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

It's getting there a piece at a time.

A little penetrating oil, some patience and so far no broken fasteners.
            getting those carbs off sure was a pain...

Last edited by rustybronco; 04-10-2010, 09:23 AM.

Comment

make a photo album of every step . have Nancy start a scrapbook for you!!! Picsa of the title before you change it to your name, the service manual all of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                make a photo album of every step . have Nancy start a scrapbook for you!!!
                Naaaah to much like work. I just took a boat load of pictures.

I've got Nancy taking the tail piece to work so I can have the paint scanned.
                The paint booth is lined up. I taked to Ed about what materials He would use for painting the frame.

I've been watching a boat load of parts on Ebay, still need to put together a list of small parts to order from Chris's place (partshark) and Z1. need to put together a list of plating materials.

the wheels are a turning my friend.

***edit*** just in case you were wondering why I'm working on it in the trailer, my bench is slightly occupied at the time.

Last edited by rustybronco; 04-10-2010, 10:29 AM.

Comment

I aint wrenched on anythang since Thursday.
                  Just dont feel like it.
                  Im old and I work too hard.

I'll wrench when I wanna wrench!!
                  sigpic

82 GS850
                  78 GS1000
                  04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                  .................________-|___\____
                  ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Today I removed the caliper piston from the left front caliper to see if I just needed the seals or the piston too. Some pits in the piston so I ordered it too, along with the copper washers for the lines (those they had in stock). Stuff will be here in 3-5 business days

Comment

Yesterday I fixed the knob on my wife's washing machine...
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                        Yesterday I fixed the knob on my wife's washing machine...
                        I'm waiting on a belt to come in the mail so our dryer can function again
                        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by vista461 View Post
                          Today I removed the caliper piston from the left front caliper to see if I just needed the seals or the piston too. Some pits in the piston so I ordered it too, along with the copper washers for the lines (those they had in stock). Stuff will be here in 3-5 business days

Gotta love the UPS truck!!

sigpic

82 GS850
                          78 GS1000
                          04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                          .................________-|___\____
                          ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Nothing! Well, I got my brake lines in from Earl's, and I've been practicing a bit on some of the extra hose I bought. I'll be doing a complete clutch revamp this weekend, maybe next. Depends on when my clutch hub gets back to me. Also completely redoing the braking systems, every rubber piece is getting replaced. I figure stainless lines will increase the pressure on all the other bits, since they'll no longer swell and expand when the brakes are grabbed, so I'd better replace everything else in case something's a little weak, and the extra pressure does something bad. That's how I rationalized spending the cash, anyways. So, I'll hopefully be adding stainless lines to my list of mods, along with a Gorilla clutch and some upgraded clutch parts. I'm really, really craving a motorcycle ride though. I need to get a second bike...

Comment

took apart the petcock on my 78 750..Seems it had a oh so small weeping and it had dumped gas in the oil.. I took it apart and cleaned it meticulously and reassembled. Used some clear tubing to go to a gas can and some vacuum line to suck on to acuate it. Did maybe 20 cycles and used Q tips to be sure the inside of the nipple was dry and wiped it all down. Let it sit full of gas for an hour and it was bone dry when i checked it .. Hopefully for a few days till i can replace it it will not fail again... I got a new one in route from dbaird.

Comment

I stayed out of the garage today... However, yesterday, TCK and I pulled the wiring harness out of the E were working on, I stripped all the tape and nonsense off of it, we thoroughly inspected every wire in it, then I re-wrapped it. TCK tested the killswitch, and there-in found the problem.

My fingers hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X