No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh so you dont know about the new bike then???
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
      Oh so you dont know about the new bike then???
      What? What new bike?

Comment

i talked to him on the telly tonight.. told him he needed a donor for the es project. He told me he needed another bike like he needed a hole in his head.. I told him if he did that, that you WOULD put another hole in his head!! Then i thought of the CRUXIFICTION...LMAO.. was just kidding. NO NEW BIKE!!!!! LOL
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
          i talked to him on the telly tonight.. told him he needed a donor for the es project. He told me he needed another bike like he needed a hole in his head.. I told him if he did that, that you WOULD put another hole in his head!! Then i thought of the CRUXIFICTION...LMAO.. was just kidding. NO NEW BIKE!!!!! LOL
          Dang. You got my hopes up. I was thinking someone secretly delivered me my Cooley while I was at the grocery store.

Comment

COOLey whip maybe!!!

Comment

What else but Bonanzas. This weekend Ill have been in TX a month wrenching on these flying contraptions ! I think its about time to get home and get the Bike out of the shed. When I left there was still snow on the ground and the lakes were frozen.

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Speaking of getting back home.......Looks like I have one to do when I get back. This is why people call me to get one of my extra thick Windshields. Appears they took a duck right in the face . MESSY !!!

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by sscott View Post
                  Here is my bike before I mounted the rear grab bar & rear luggage rack.

This is after.

This is a close up using the exsiting mount holes to the frame

Thanks to LarryD for helping me find the rear grab bar
                  And thanks to BWringer for helping me get the rear luggage rack
                  That looks awesome! My bike looks like your 'before' picture. Where did you get these and what brand/ model are they?
                  Went to ride the bike today after it sat too long, and discovered my front brakes wouldn't release! Pulled calipers and pressed them in with a C clamp, seems to've fixed it for now, but should rebuild the calipers at earliest convenience, I think
                  Last edited by Guest; 04-14-2010, 03:00 AM. Reason: Added content

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                    Speaking of getting back home.......Looks like I have one to do when I get back. This is why people call me to get one of my extra thick Windshields. Appears they took a duck right in the face . MESSY !!!

Woh....Holy Crap! I hope that doesn't happen very often.

Is that you in the photo installing the windshield?

Rick

Comment

Rick,

Yes that is me. I make those Windshields at the shop in Lakeville. The Beech Baron with the missing windshield is up in Minot, ND. You would be amazed at how often bird strikes actually happen.
                      82 1100 EZ (red)

Comment

I lifted the tank and plugged the connector for my shift indicator in ............again.

Any one got a detailed pic of the way the harness is routed up by the steering stem?

I keep tugging my connector loose after a few right turns. I hope I managed to create a little slack in the harness this time but I can't hep to think somethings run in the wrong place.

oh yeah, '79 850gn
                        Matos law: Murphy was a lucky B@stard!
                        1979 GS850GN
                        sigpic

In memory of Dave "Gonzo" Steele
                        1975-2008

Comment

Worked on the riding lawn mower, wife says no GS time till lawn cut ...finished up and still had time for a short ride.
                          sigpic

1979 GS1000E
                          1982 GS1100GL
                          2008 Bandit1250S

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/jsrose-gs/

Comment

Yesterday and today, I'm trying to work a dead spot out of my throttle response. I took the carbs off again yesterday, reset float height, checked that all passages were still clear, this morning I removed the tank again (woke up at 5, had to do something), removed the petcock, screen is clean there, now I'm going to check my air filter, I've neglected it (it's a K&N), don't think I've cleaned it in a couple of years, so maybe that will solve the problem. I did find some small problems in the carbs that I missed when I put it back together before our spring break ride and corrected them, but last night I still had the bad response around 5-6k rpm. I might order a set of diaphragms for them, these ones aren't as pliable as they could be, not crinkly, but not soft either. Later today I'll be working on the big white behemoth (our motorhome) and getting it ready for traveling.

On edit: Carb problem solved. It was a dirty K & N filter. The filter looked clean, but blowby had clogged it impeding air flow. Now the bike runs like a scalded dog, it's way too easy to peg the 85 mph speedometer again, even against a 30 mph headwind.
                            Last edited by Guest; 04-14-2010, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Did yard work today. Yeah.. I know.
                              Its gotta be done.
                              sigpic

82 GS850
                              78 GS1000
                              04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                              .................________-|___\____
                              ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

John Deere 1020 Radiator

Took apart a John Deere1020 tractor that has not been touched in a decade. put a water pump, belt, radiator, hoses, and thermostat on it. Good greasy times. I have dern near every wrench and socket i own laying around on this sucker! Parts can be pricey, but it saves a LOT of cash to wrench this thing yourself. I do have to work around the old-style loadr arms that are on the beast.
                                About halfway done!

Comment

Working...
                                X