• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So do we have a new tag?

Comment

Originally posted by mike_of_bbg View Post
      So do we have a new tag?
      Looks like its still the thrashing machine.

I may be able to get this tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitedog View Post
        Looks like its still the thrashing machine.

I may be able to get this tonight.
        That's threshing, although it looks like it would thrash around. Maybe a vintage time machine in disguise?

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
          That's threshing, although it looks like it would thrash around. Maybe a vintage time machine in disguise?
          My bad on the spelling. I know where there are a couple of different ones just need time to go get the picture.

Comment

Looks to me like a Tim Burton design.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
              Looks to me like a Tim Burton design.
              YES that's the element I couldn't put my finger on! Like Dr. Seuss but with a Dickensian darkness.
              "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Blueberry farm south of town has a steam engine, this combine(?), a few tractors and some other tghings out on display.
                THis one still had even the chutes that were made out of wood, the various drive chains and the manufacture name plate.
                I would say no doubt this meets the reguirments of this tag.
                I dont really know what this would be called.
                Thressher? I think thresser seperates the grain from the plant stalk. Have to elsewize cut the plant stalk and feed it it somehow.
                Combine? I think combines cut the plant down AND seperates the grain. IT is a combination of both functions.

I think this is what off loads the grain.

I think more of CLyde Crashcup.
                Klink Klunk Bump Boop Ding Klank

CAn see here that is right by blueberry field that I had to ride into for the picture (well, if I wanted to be on the sunny side of things).
                In fact, I was going to make blueberrys the next tag, but I thought that too restrictive since blueberrys are not grown all over.
                I know of blueberrys grown/farmed in Michigan, New York, NC & SC, Georgia, Florida, and would you believe the state that has the biggests Bluberry farms..... is ..... New Jersey?

>>>
                Later.
                Well, if no objection.

I present this as next tag.

One my way home from there, right at the little airport:

A military jet mounted on a post.

Maybe not necessarily mounted on a post, but an old retired military jet somehow on permanet display, maybe on a platform or hanging, not just parked somewhere. So we know it is a retired jet on permanet static display.
                I suppose doesnt have to be a jet, but an airplane.

THe sign on this one said something about "Thunderbird Memorial"

Here found some info on this :
                North American F-100
                Super Sabre

F-100A-1-NA52-5762 GRAND HAVEN (MI) SINCE FEB69
                Last edited by Redman; 07-22-2011, 10:05 PM. Reason: further info.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Hey Redman...no picture
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                    Hey Redman...no picture
                    Yah, I fumble fingered something. Fixed it shortly.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Nicely done, Red ! ! ! !!

The closest one I can think of, on a post, is about 230 miles away.

I think I'll fly a little to the left and see what other planes I can "shoot down".

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
                        The closest one I can think of, on a post, is about 230 miles away.
                        I think I'll fly a little to the left and see what other planes I can "shoot down".
                        If you are shooting down airplanes, dont mention me or the GSR.
                        har har

Locations Some other F-100s

Other similar

Various other

And, I see that Annadale to Volks Field ANG is about 230 miles. Opps, sorry. Maybe blueberrys might not have been as sparce after all.

Last edited by Redman; 07-23-2011, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Okay here is your Military jet on a pole, I'll let you pick the one you like!

I'm on my way to get the next tag now

Edit: Just to give a little more information, the KC135 in the last three pictures is a KC135A model that was used as our Zero "G" aircraft, more affectionately known as the "Vomit Comet" this particular one is N930NA or as we call it NASA 930. This airplane in this picture is the one that the movie Apollo 13 was filmed inside of, it was in this airplane that all of the scenes were filmed where they were seen floating around.
                          Last edited by wacky941; 07-23-2011, 12:02 PM.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Wac,

Yep, that first one definatly qualifys. What sort of place is that?

Hey, your avatar looks closley related also.

Nice E.

SO, whats your tag?
                            Got something else interesting there in Pearland TX ?

Dave
                            Last edited by Redman; 07-23-2011, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              Yep, that first one certaily qualifys.
                              Hey, your avatar looks closley related also.

SO, whats your tag?
                              Got something else interesting there in Pearland TX ?

Dave
                              The avatar in reality is not me but I did take the picture and it's a pilot friend of mine sitting inside of one of our aircraft getting ready to taxi out. Wish it was me in the avatar picture, hopefully someday it'll be me.

The next tag, I'm thinking "Skyline," should be an easy one.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
                                T......it's a pilot friend of mine sitting inside of one of our aircraft getting ready to taxi out. Wish it was me in the avatar picture, hopefully someday it'll be me.....
                                Wac,

Tell us more. "Our"...?

I see that Pearland is just south of Houston (so I will not comment on the heat and humidity we have been having here latley).
                                And you are doing things that can someday could get you into jets?

The jets in your later pictures are somewhat like what tkent02 is involved with.

Skyline. Okay, waiting to see that. (I gather that means city-scape, maybe at nioght with the lights on.)
                                Sounds like a situation for long exposure time.

Dave

Last edited by Redman; 07-23-2011, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X