Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lurch, I thought about the bad karma thing but I've always believed what a great philosopher from the far east once said; "my karma ran over your dogma"

Comment

Here is the large truck:

And here is the next tag: At a fairground. (I think we may have done this one, but I'm sure it was last season if we did).

Comment

The fairgrounds on my long way into work...a great road to take anyway.

Comment

Something to get you out earlier....a sunrise in any setting. Has to be fairly close to the horizon, so no late sleeper 10am sunrises, unless it's coming up over the mountain! If you can get past the morning chill, it's the best time to ride.

Comment

Oh, and you guys in Europe have a 6 hour jump on the US east coast for the sunrise tag....so get your butt up early tomorrow!

Comment

I think I may get this one too. I may be west coast, but I'm usually up at 4:45 and riding to work...

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                Something to get you out earlier....a sunrise in any setting. Has to be fairly close to the horizon, so no late sleeper 10am sunrises, unless it's coming up over the mountain!
                And will there be any photographic evidence that it is not a sunset...?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Compass perhaps?

Comment

You've got a point, but the whole game is on the honor system and in good fun, so post a sunset pic in as a sunrise if you want to....but the morning dew or mist will be hard to photoshop in!

Comment

Here we have 7am, a view facing east.
                      Morning mist.
                      Morning dew.
                      Morning coffee also.
                      But no sunrize, too much Michigan overcast.

Close but no cigar.

Last edited by Redman; 07-29-2011, 07:50 AM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Dang, the fog obscured what little sun I could get this AM too much. Maybe on Monday if noone else gets it.
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Here we have 7am, a view facing east.
                          Morning mist.
                          Morning dew.
                          Morning coffee also.
                          But no sunrize, too much Michigan overcast.

Close but no cigar.

Ordinarily I'd say there must be a sun behind those clouds and move on to the next tag, but I want people to work harder on this because this time of day is the best for a peaceful ride and clearing your head. The sun is everywhere so anybody across the globe can get themselves out for the sunrise. I'd love to see a beautiful sunrise somewhere. Mine wasn't even nice, so somebody must have a more scenic one.

NOTE: Maybe I'll offer a little temporary twist in the game for this tag only....Post up your bike and a sunrise and when we get three different continents sunrise pics we'll move on to the next tag.
                          Last edited by Guest; 07-29-2011, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Ordinarily I'd say there must be a sun behind those clouds and move on to the next tag,...
                            .........Post up your bike and a sunrise and when we get three different continents sunrise pics we'll move on to the next tag.....
                            Good idea, the variable of the cloud/fog condition helped cover the time zone advantage that some of us had.

And I fully admit that my photo entry above did not all meet the requirements.

I like the idea of a 24 hour delay, or multiple contenent delay, to allow folks in other time zones a chance. Can select the first, or maybe the one with best sunrize color display. (Although the best color display will probably be a sunset.) Or the one that most seems to be a sunrize and not a sunset.

Dave

>>>later note
                            ew, ew, I just thought of a better place for sunrize photo .... tommorow.

Last edited by Redman; 07-29-2011, 12:34 PM. Reason: add later note.

Comment

Here, from November 2009 (I know, doesnt count)

At Lake Michigan.
                              Here in Michigan.
                              So, ah, er, um, isnt a sunrize, is a sunset.
                              Sunsets have more color in sky due to the humidity in the atmospere. I think the color in sunrizes is usally in the clouds.
                              I present this photo, not at all for the qualifying for the tag, but just for the discussion of sunrise verse sunset.

Am expecting to see some sunrize photos from various parts of the world here.

Dave

Comment

Ordinarily I'd say there must be a sun behind those clouds and move on to the next tag, but I want people to work harder on this because this time of day is the best for a peaceful ride and clearing your head. The sun is everywhere so anybody across the globe can get themselves out for the sunrise. I'd love to see a beautiful sunrise somewhere. Mine wasn't even nice, so somebody must have a more scenic one.

NOTE: Maybe I'll offer a little temporary twist in the game for this tag only....Post up your bike and a sunrise and when we get three different continents sunrise pics we'll move on to the next tag.

Just checking in here, the next tag is a ... Sunrise? Really? Actually I think that is a brilliant tag, for indeed the sun is everywhere. Anyone CAN get out for a sunrise, but I'll take a pass on that one thanks much! Looking forward to some brave soul posting a nice tag though so I'll actually know what one LOOKS like.
                                "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Working...
                                X