• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunrize this morning

And new tag:

Railroad Trestle.
    THe kind made of lumber.
    THis one north of Holland MI the other morning.

Other views of same trestle from a different time

And for general interest, another trestle, this one in Hamilton MI

I would have called it "railroad bridge" but I thought the wooden ones are called trestle. Maybe that is not the exact definition of "trestle", but by my expereince that seems to be the common usage.

Probably are lots of wooden railroad bridges in various places where ever there are railroads and creeks and small rivers. Problem would be finding one in place where can pose bike for a picture. That to me is part of the fun of this game.

Dave

Last edited by Redman; 07-30-2011, 08:27 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Ok, ok, calm down everyone. My sunrise suggestion was just to get everyone to slow down and smell the roses. Redman had a sunrise pic (a very good one) so he's free to put up the next tag since you're all chomping at the bit. I've been out on a GS forum ride all day and just now sitting down to the tizzy I unintentionally caused.
      Thanks anyway Mr Redman for your consideration. On with the game........

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
        .Thanks anyway Mr Redman for your consideration. On with the game........
        Done, about an hour ago.

You were on a GS related event. Trying to remember if this was when Mr Steve was gonna visit. Will look around for pics somewhere.

>>>later note:
        Oaky, now I see the "New England Ride 7/30" in Meeting place.

Last edited by Redman; 07-30-2011, 09:07 PM. Reason: add later note:

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

That's okay, Judge Allie stepped in and settled it. Do I have an 'S' on my forehead??
          "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

There are no real judges in this game, just self appointed ones. So I overrule your ruling because I said so....besides I had an important stop this morning on my ride today to discuss the budget crisis, but the big guy wasn't there(see photo)....

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
              That's okay, Judge Allie stepped in and settled it. Do I have an 'S' on my forehead??
              Are you related to Judge Judy?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

There are no real judges in this game, just self appointed ones. So I overrule your ruling because I said so....besides I had an important stop this morning on my ride today to discuss the budget crisis, but the big guy wasn't there(see photo)....
                I like this White House much better, looks much more inviting and comfortable.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
                  I like this White House much better, looks much more inviting and comfortable.
                  I agree! I don't think Judge Judy is a 'real' judge either lol.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Would you believe she is one? She took this job since she's been off the real bench for a bit but my understanding is she's real.

From bio.com

In 1965, she obtained her law degree, passed the New York bar exam, and took a job as a corporate lawyer for a cosmetics firm. Dissatisfied with the role of a corporate lawyer, she left within two years to raise two children, Jamie and Adam. In 1972, a friend from law school told her of a job opening in the New York courts. She took the job and found herself in the role of prosecutor for the family court system. She prosecuted juvenile crime, domestic violence, and child abuse cases. She was quickly recognized as a sharp, no-nonsense attorney.
                    Her professional success, though, was being achieved at a high private price. In 1976, she left her first husband after 12 years of marriage. She struggled to be present for her children, even while handling her heavy workload of emotionally draining cases in the family courts.
                    Three months after her divorce, Judy met attorney Jerry Sheindlin; within a year, they were married, in 1978. By 1982, Sheindlin's growing reputation for assertiveness in court inspired Mayor Ed Koch to appoint her to a seat as a judge in criminal court just six months later. As a judge, she continued to blend sympathy for the underdog with withering contempt for the arrogant or devious. Four years later, she was promoted to the position of supervising judge in the Manhattan division of the family court.
                    In 1990, Judy's father Murray Blum died, at age 70; his death took a remarkable toll on her marriage to Jerry. They divorced—with shocking suddenness. A year later, feeling the tug of family ties -- aside from her two children and his three, they now had two grandchildren -- along with the tug of terrible loneliness, Judy and Jerry got remarried. After remarrying, Judge Sheindlin settled firmly into a renewed mission to dispense justice firmly and fairly.
                    In February 1993, Sheindlein was profiled in the Los Angeles Times as a kind of hard-hitting legal super-heroine, determined to make the courts work for the common good. The Times piece was quickly followed by a profile on the CBS news program 60 Minutes. After her appearance on 60 Minutes, an agent for Judy approached Larry Lyttle, the president of Big Ticket Television, with the idea of doing a courtroom television program. Lyttle agreed and a pilot for the show was shot
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

But does she ride?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

To review where we are at

For those just joining us, here is a review of were we are at,

..............Redman had a sunrise pic (a very good one) so he's free to put up the next .....
                        ..............................On with the game........

ANd I did again post Sunrize picture and the new tag of Railroad Trestle:

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        Sunrize this morning

And new tag:

Railroad Trestle.
                        THe kind made of lumber.
                        THis one north of Holland MI the other morning.

Other views of same trestle from a different time

And for general interest, another trestle, this one in Hamilton MI

I would have called it "railroad bridge" but I thought the wooden ones are called trestle. Maybe that is not the exact definition of "trestle", but by my expereince that seems to be the common usage.

Probably are lots of wooden railroad bridges in various places where ever there are railroads and creeks and small rivers. Problem would be finding one in place where can pose bike for a picture. That to me is part of the fun of this game.

Dave

Last edited by Redman; 07-31-2011, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Trestle, it's not wooden but I know it's a trestle, the keep off the trestle sign called it a trestle. Took a Heck of a ride to get it, so I hope it counts...

Next tag, if the judges decide my trestle counts...

That's not it... Too hard for some of you in mooseless places.

That's not it either, just showing why I like little bikes sometimes...

Not it... Wait for it...

Wait for it...

The new tag, some old mining equipment:

Comment

You know how to tease people, Kent. I want that bike!

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                              You know how to tease people, Kent. I want that bike!
                              No you don't! It's way too big and heavy for this kind of crap!

I'm off to look at a nicely beat up DR 350 tonight.
                              But first a beer and a nap, I'm beat up too.

So, Judge Allie, is my trestle going to count as a trestle?

Comment

Hi, Tom, (hey, you are home, eh?)
                                Well, its a big tall railroad bridge with a lot of structure underneath. Is not wooden, but I am easy going enough to say that it was mostly the structure underenath that I was thinking of, (a poured concrete pedistal just isnt the same).
                                If you say that is actauilly called a trestle, I'll say that is good enough, even though it is angle iron, not wooden.
                                Plus, looks like you really had to go out of your way to pose bike for that picture.

(If someone has interesting pics of a tag after the tag has been meet, I would say they are welcome to post just for our general interest.)

Old mining equipment.

Last edited by Redman; 07-31-2011, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X