This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    No you don't! It's way too big and heavy for this kind of crap!

I'm off to look at a nicely beat up DR 350 tonight.
    But first a beer and a nap, I'm beat up too.

So, Judge Allie, is my trestle going to count as a trestle?
    Don't look at me, Redman's the judge!

I guess you're right, I want something light and beat up - a 250 sounds just fine.
    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
      Don't look at me, Redman's the judge!
      But I don't have ANY letter on my forehead.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Old mining equipment it is. When I take a break for a ride today, I'll have to ride to the Crosby area in the Cayuna iron mining range, there's lots of that stuff there.

Comment

Old mining equipment (this is from an ironworks that operated from 1657 to 1872. To be precise, the local ore was depleted quite early, but it's still a mine... The waterwheel provided power for one of the smithies where carbon was removed from the iron.):

Next tag: On an old wooden bridge across a waterfall.

Acceptable?
          Last edited by Guest; 08-01-2011, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Sounds good to me, nice tag. Maybe some of the people near waterfalls can get it. I have to head for Duluth to find something like that, we have lakes, but no waterfalls close by my area.

Comment

I can think of some nice nearby waterfalls, but none that have wooden bridges or that I can get my bike near...

Comment

I thought that might be a little exclusive. How about any bridge across a waterfall. Skip the wood.

Comment

Like a briiiiiiidge over bubbled water, I will lay me down... Nice tags. Definitely not a 'beginner' tag, but it's another of those 'there has to be one SOMEWHERE' tags

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                    Like a briiiiiiidge over bubbled water, I will lay me down... Nice tags. Definitely not a 'beginner' tag, but it's another of those 'there has to be one SOMEWHERE' tags
                    Between you and Argon...I'm not sure who is the most "cultured".

Comment

Originally posted by mike_of_bbg View Post
                      I can think of some nice nearby waterfalls, but none that have wooden bridges or that I can get my bike near...
                      Ditto, very few waterfalls here and none of them have bridges.

Comment

It's just great to have someone from outside the states playing...
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I could get this but its at least a 5 hour ride to a legitimate waterfall with a bridge around here. Have several man made waterfalls (small hydroelectric dams) with bridges, maybe even a wooden one. Don't think that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                            It's just great to have someone from outside the states playing...
                            Abs - o - tively, I was thinking how groovy the Norwegian tag was!

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Half the fun sometimes on getting the tag is the drive to it. Today, in my mind, was no exception although I could have done without the cagers. I rode out to the west edge of town to go to Helen Hunt Falls, a place dedicated to the famous poet and writer. It is said she went there alot to get inspiration for her work.

Despite the ominous look of a good thunderstorm, I started up Cheyenne Canon.

The fork to the left would have taken me to Seven Falls, one of the Wonders of the World, but I didn't feel like paying for that ride. It has 7 levels of falls with the longest staircase in the world (or almost) and bridge over it.

Driving up the canon, I stopped here because although the car driver was doing the speed limit (20 mph) it was just too slow for me especially through the turns (he kept slowing down to 10 or 15).

Now this road has a couple of 90 degree turns, some 180 degrees, and a few that you feel like you can touch the rocks with your handlebars. But after coming into here,

You get to see this - a bridge over the falls. Sorry for the quality of the picture. I guess I might have to start carrying my real camera instead of my phone.

Next tag:

A metal sculpture

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Sorry, but there's no water in your waterfall. Looks like a bunch of rocks. Dry rocks.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
                                X