This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom,

I see wet rocks by the guy standing there, .... and I assume they were wet before the guy got there.

Maybe there was a sign somwhere that calls it a waterfall (like a sign you saw that called it a trestle har har har)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

The water was running a little slower than I've seen in the past but it's all up to you. Now if you don't mind the bike not being in the picture (can't go past that bar with it) than I'll go back up and take another picture of it. And that white line down the middle is the water flowing down.

Or, here's the same set of falls from last year.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I accept the waterfall, but mostly because your bike looks almost exactly like mine!

Comment

Wow. I'm glad I didn't try for the waterfall tag; my bike looks exactly like yours except it is completely different.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
            Wow. I'm glad I didn't try for the waterfall tag; my bike looks exactly like yours except it is completely different.

Heehee

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              Tom,

I see wet rocks by the guy standing there, .... and I assume they were wet before the guy got there.

Maybe there was a sign somwhere that calls it a waterfall (like a sign you saw that called it a trestle har har har)

Very nice! It sure looked like (some) bubbled water to me. Tom is just a bubbled youth...
              "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

No, that's just a file photo. Doesn't count. Just thought it looked cool. I'll delete it.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Metal sculpture....the bike is in the background for a change of perspective....CCC tribute here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilia...ervation_Corps)

Last edited by Guest; 08-04-2011, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Next tag....your local TV or radio transmit tower(s)...this one happens to be WGIR 61 AM radio in Manchester, NH.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                      Next tag....your local TV or radio transmit tower(s)...this one happens to be WGIR 61 AM radio in Manchester, NH.
                      And should we assume "and not cell phone tower"...?
                      Cell phone tower anntenna are directional, and so there will be multiple antenna (antennii?) pointing in different directions. Probably more cell phone towers to be found than tv/radio.

Just looking for clarifcation, in an attempt to avert some hassle later.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

multiple antenna (antennii?)
                        'Antennae', actually. But that's used more about the things on ants' heads and such. 'Antennas' is accepted for what we're after.

/spelling nazi.

Comment

And should we assume "and not cell phone tower"...?
                          Cell phone tower anntenna are directional, and so there will be multiple antenna (antennii?) pointing in different directions. Probably more cell phone towers to be found than tv/radio.

Just looking for clarifcation, in an attempt to avert some hassle later.

Yes, TV or radio, not cell towers. Get you out to explore and find more, right? I'm sure the government knows where they all are! They aren't always in the cities either.

NOTE: btw, plural of antenna is antennas, antennae are on the ant
                          Last edited by Guest; 08-04-2011, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Y107 Radio Tower. Long Branch, NJ

Comment

Bike was 20 from the tower, if I backed up enough to get the whole tower in, my bike woulda looked like a grain of sand.

Comment

Whats the next tag?

Comment

Working...
                                X