X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lots I bet; heard of this place?;

Wouldn't mind one of these in my town.

Originally posted by Bandit View Post
    Off topic but how many others on here brew or are into craft beer?

Comment

brew pub-next tag

here ya go, beer is pretty good too.

Comment

historic building sitting empty

how about this next- historic building sitting empty;

Comment

Originally posted by nutsandbolts View Post
          how about this next- historic building sitting empty;
          Sounds like a good tag to me. So what's the building in the picture and where is it?

Comment

Just my luck. I work at a psych hospital and the old building, built in the 1870s, sits abandoned in all it's creepy glory just around the corner. I'm on vacation alllll week and not relishing the thought of going down there...
            "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by macbec29 View Post
              . So what's the building in the picture and where is it?
              Looks like an old school that has more asbestos in it than a old navy ship. The utilities to heat it (never was cooled) would send the school budget into the crapper.
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

It's the old Molson Brewery building in Edmonton Alberta, Canada. Here is another pic of the sign on top of the building. The developer is going to turn it into condos apparently.
                I love those old brick buildings.
                Originally posted by macbec29 View Post
                Sounds like a good tag to me. So what's the building in the picture and where is it?
                Sorry about that Allie, maybe go in the mid of day?
                Last edited by Guest; 08-22-2011, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nutsandbolts View Post
                  It's the old Molson Brewery building in Edmonton Alberta, Canada. Here is another pic of the sign on top of the building. The developer is going to turn it into condos apparently.
                  I love those old brick buildings.

Sorry about that Allie, maybe go in the mid of day?
                  Nothing to be sorry for, it's a great tag! Maybe I'll find something around here today.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Here is the main building of the sprawling old abandoned Sheraton Wayfarer in Manchester, NH. Not brick or pretty, but historic in that 30 years ago this was a "happening" place for a stretch of local history. Presidential candidates gathered at our "first in the nation" NH primary conventions, large corporate parties always going on, dancing and frolicking, etc...but now sits empty and a target of graffiti.....and a part of my history back in my younger single days!
                    Quote from an old travel review....

"Located on the scenic and historic site of John Goffe's Grist Mill, our unique layout compliments the countryside while our covered bridge, mill pond, and waterfalls lend a real New England flavor. While rich in history we offer newly renovated guestrooms, and a full service hotel with a health and fitness center, complete with outdoor pool, restaurant serving 3 meals daily, and our famous Quaker's Bar & Grill featured in the NY Times. We are home to one of the largest convention spaces in the state, featuring 9 distinctive meeting rms and 2 unique ballrooms...."

BTW, this game started with old abandoned buildings in thread #5 over a year ago.

Last edited by Guest; 08-22-2011, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Next up you'll have to go to the upscale part of town to find a working fountain in the front yard....make sure and clean up your bike before cruising that section of the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                        Next up you'll have to go to the upscale part of town to find a working fountain in the front yard....make sure and clean up your bike before cruising that section of the hood.

Yeah, watch out for the private security guys in black shirts that want to break your face and camera, too!

Comment

Nice tag.

[QUOTE=lurch12_2000;1485365]Next up you'll have to go to the upscale part of town to find a working fountain in the front yard....make sure and clean up your bike before cruising that section of the hood.

Comment

I went out this afternoon looking for one, found none - still it's a successful tag, it got me out riding!

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

What a gentleman, saved you from having to shoot that old pysch building huh?
                              Originally posted by Allie View Post
                              I went out this afternoon looking for one, found none - still it's a successful tag, it got me out riding!

Comment

OK, Today I'll open the tag to any working fountain, in a public place or otherwise. The residents are getting nervous seeing all these bikes cruising their neighborhoods.

Comment

Working...
                                X