Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. I can't even go after a tag. I'm at my daughter's place in Moreno Valley, CA and bikeless. She paid the airfare for us, so we didn't drive the motorhome, consequently, my bikes are languishing in the garage at home.

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
      Agreed. I can't even go after a tag. I'm at my daughter's place in Moreno Valley, CA and bikeless. She paid the airfare for us, so we didn't drive the motorhome, consequently, my bikes are languishing in the garage at home.
      Guess you'll have to rent a Herdly, then.

OH...there is a bike /parts sale, in central MN this week. Just stop by, the owner is out of town!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
        Guess you'll have to rent a Herdly, then.

OH...there is a bike /parts sale, in central MN this week. Just stop by, the owner is out of town!
        Boy, guess I'll know who to look up when I get home and find that I'm missing some stuff......

Comment

consequently, my bikes are languishing in the garage at home.

PARTY AT DANS PLACE
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Agreed. I can't even go after a tag. I'm at my daughter's place in Moreno Valley, CA and bikeless. (
            Moreno Valley, I love that place!!!!!!!
            For a few years I spent quite a bit of time there and thoroughly loved every minute of it. I'm hoping that we start going there again soon.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Alrighty, kids...let's get this game back on track...

I don't want to step on any toes or cause any hurt feelings, but this thread is "The Riding Game"...It is all about getting out riding.

So my thoughts to keep this going...

The point of the game is RIDING your bike to a place or object...the tag is a place or object with your bike in it, not a style of photo.
              The tag needs to be a place or thing others can ride to, a B&W photo of your bike, or an infrared, panoramic or HDR photo without a specific place or thing is not a tag...
              The style or type of photo is unimportant and should not be a requirement of the tag...We don't all have the equipment or photo skills to do that.
              The photo is only used to prove the RIDE happened...even a cell phone photo will do nicely...
              (Not that I don't like nice pictures, but that is for another thread)

Also, in order to keep the game moving, when you complete a tag and post it, please post the next tag at the same time...
              You're out on your bike getting the tag...stop and take the next tag while you are out...

It gets pretty discouraging to get ready for a nice Sunday ride, check what the tag is and read...
              "I'll get the next tag up tomorrow"...

Didn't mean to carry on, but I like this game and it seemed like we were loosing focus...
              Summer is almost over...let's ride!

Next tag is reflections on a lake...let's do it....
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Read and understood, Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000
                  "reflections on a lake".....
                  Does this count?

I think Allie is the only allowed to do that....

Comment

the real pic.....

Here's the (small) lake reflection....
                    Last edited by Guest; 09-08-2011, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                      Here's the lake reflection....a little break in the rain today and heading out on a riding/camping trip...which is now the next tag. Riding your bike with some gear packed high....not just your lunch and raingear, but really going out for a long ride with your camera....it's a riding game after all...let's see what happens!
                      Hmmmmm So the next tag is your bike on a camping trip? Call me confused...what is the place or object?

Your bike with a tent? Your bike at a campground? How about a motel? What if my gear is in the side bags and not packed "high"?

Anywho...maybe some else is going camping this weekend so we can get back to normal tags....
                      I've got the Fennimore trip in three weeks if you can wait...

Comment

Maybe I'm being fussy, but a 2 in 1 pic/tag seems like cheating to me.

Comment

What do you mean by a 2 in 1 pic? Are you talking about the joke above where someone photoshopped their bike into the picture?
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                            What do you mean by a 2 in 1 pic? Are you talking about the joke above where someone photoshopped their bike into the picture?
                            I guess it's that lurch's pic of his bike at a lake with reflections in it is also his tag.

Comment

Alright, let's backtrack.....here is new pic that I had earlier at work before packing up, just in case....not creative but it will get the game moving again. I deleted my "humorous" post and edited my lake front post to hopefully clear up any confusion.

NEW TAG....Your bike and a blue, not red or green or crap brown, but a BLUE dumpster....now get riding!

Last edited by Guest; 09-08-2011, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Damn! I went out and got the lake reflections pic without checking the thread...

My next tag was gonna be an old building, that happened to have a blue dumpster next to it! Of course me being 'photo-graphic' decided to photograph the building and bike from an angle so as the ugly dumpster wasn't in my shot....

Grrrrrr. But at least the ride wasn't wasted. I discovered some awesome roads that went to the top of a mountain and there was a really cool viewing tower up there. Ohh well. Time to find a blue dumpster. Cant be that hard as I know there are about 5 just on my campus .

Comment

Working...
                                X