Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's kind of windy up there being right by the lake. a few years ago somebody got out of their car up there during a storm and got blown over the edge. splattah! anybody who drives in the city has at least one horror story about the skyway.

tag, yer it....
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

i got this one in the bag, it's on my way home, haha.

Comment

I drove on an abominable road like that

once when I was driving school/tour bus part time in North Chicago, and one other time going to Michigan, before I remembered other, less toll-costly ways of getting past the windy city.
        We don't have any of those up here in my neck of the woods, so I'll be waiting for the next tag.
        Last edited by Guest; 11-08-2011, 01:57 PM. Reason: just read my first sentence, realized it ain't the same road!

Comment

opps.
          a couple days late with the lighthouse photo

No elevated highways around here, although is one under construction.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

elevated highway/bridge....

Comment

running out of ideas(and gas)....next tag is a gas pump...go out and fill up and take a ride and look for a more interesting tag!

Last edited by Guest; 11-08-2011, 11:27 AM.

Comment

OK, here's the gas pumps ( I didn't need gas) it's expensive at this little place anyway.

And here's the next tag, a boat launching ramp, this one is going into the Pine River, for which my town and zip code is from (but Pine River, MN actually resides on the shores of Norway Brook, go figure).

Lurch, I have a request for you. Could you size down your picts to 580-600 x whatever Photobucket or your hosting program picks out? It makes the thread much easier to load when the pictures aren't so huge.
                Thanx!

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                  OK, here's the gas pumps ( I didn't need gas) it's expensive at this little place anyway.

And here's the next tag, a boat launching ramp, this one is going into the Pine River, for which my town and zip code is from (but Pine River, MN actually resides on the shores of Norway Brook, go figure).

Lurch, I have a request for you. Could you size down your picts to 580-600 x whatever Photobucket or your hosting program picks out? It makes the thread much easier to load when the pictures aren't so huge.
                  Thanx!
                  BTW, is that you're 850GL under all that hardware? Is the trunk tilting back some? Did you swap the gas tank from a G?

I did change settings from large to medium awhile ago but I will try to down size the pics to small (640x480) next time, but I thought bigger pics make for more detail.
                  My cell phone pics are not coming out as good for quality but that usually is all I have when out riding.
                  Last edited by Guest; 11-08-2011, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                    Thanx!
                    I like the larger pic's myself.
                    Please keep them that size.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                      BTW, is that you're 850GL under all that hardware? Is the trunk tilting back some? Did you swap the gas tank from a G?

I did change settings from large to medium awhile ago but I will try to down size the pics to small (640x480) next time, but I thought bigger pics make for more detail.
                      My cell phone pics are not coming out as good for quality but that usually is all I have when out riding.
                      Actually, that is my 850GL, and the trunk tilts back a bit because the rack I have under it is the original Suzuki or dealer installed aftermarket rack with the backrest. I liked the lower mounted rack, and with all the morphing that I've done to the bike it got a slight downward tilt, and I left it like that. The gas tank is one I bought from a GSR member that had a bunch of tanks for sale (can't remember his screen name at the moment), and it's actually from a 650 according to Tkent. Due to the slightly shorter L frame, it would've been too much work to put the G tank on it. I gained a gallon with this one anyway.
                      thanks

Comment

Didn't think I'd get a shot at another tag before the salt goes down, but...

A boat launch...

And the next tag...a Nature Center...

However...I will take a giant leaf sign as an alternative....
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                          Didn't think I'd get a shot at another tag before the salt goes down, but...
                          That Triumph looks too clean....needs some salt and dirt on it! Or do you have a winter beater bike?

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                            That Triumph looks too clean....needs some salt and dirt on it! Or do you have a winter beater bike?
                            Nope...once the salt hits the roads, all three bikes and the Miata are done until spring...
                            The CTS is my winter beater....
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Short Hills Conservation Area...

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Niagara Falls...how about a waterfall[which i know has been done] or a tourist attraction.
                                My first time playing on probably the last ride of the year. I hope these both meet the rules.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X