Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll accept the tag, as I wasn't clear on the "nature center"...
    A nature center, at least around here, has some kind of educational element built in...
    I think you are close enough, Steve

Here's the link to the Red Oaks Nature Center

The Fox Valley Park District is a dynamic and growing park district that serves a diverse population of more than 236,000 people.

I think I know that spot your bike is parked...you're real close to the incline rail down to the tourist center, aren't ya...
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thanks for the leniency on the tag, Bob.
      You are right on the cable car ride. I am about an 1/8 of a mile upstream.
      Were you here recently?
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        Niagara Falls...how about a waterfall[which i know has been done] or a tourist attraction.
        My first time playing on probably the last ride of the year. I hope these both meet the rules.

With that nice CBX, any tag would be fine!

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
          Thanks for the leniency on the tag, Bob.
          You are right on the cable car ride. I am about an 1/8 of a mile upstream.
          Were you here recently?
          It's been about 7 years or so...my wife and I spent 4 days up there doing all the touristy stuff...
          Stayed at the Oaks, overlooking the falls...had a great time, people were super nice...
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

if i would have known you were taking pictures i would've waved. we rode up to the falls the other day and were hanging out on goat island (which is the on the far side of the canadian falls in mr. murdoch's picture). i couldn't find anywhere to take a pic of bike and falls on the u.s. side though. that's a great shot. and a very purdy scoot too.
            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
            82 gs1100L probably the next project
            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

waterfall

Not quite as majestic as Niagra but it was much colder riding today....

Comment

next tag....

logging operation....

Comment

Maybe it's the cold weather that's slowing this game down, but those south of the equator should be getting warmer for riding! To expand the opportunities, I'll take a tag with a farmhouse overlooking the field now or the previous logging operation tag to motivate people. This was taken at the logging operation from another angle.

Comment

Either tag would normally have been fine for me to pick up on, but, we've had slick roads, just enough snow to make it dangerous, and single digit temps. If another relatively warm day (~30F) appears and my driveway and road aren't icy, I'll be out on the bike again. Otherwise, it looks like my riding season is coming to an end this year.

Comment

I am a new member and never played the game but it looks like fun and I'm in!! I have a original mint condition 1980 gs750e so I won't ride it in winter rain but have no problem in the cold as long as the roads are dry. Problem with the logging picture is that is up island for me where it is hovering around 0 and snow but I will try!
                      Trevor
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        I am a new member and never played the game but it looks like fun and I'm in!! I have a original mint condition 1980 gs750e so I won't ride it in winter rain but have no problem in the cold as long as the roads are dry. Problem with the logging picture is that is up island for me where it is hovering around 0 and snow but I will try!
                        Trevor
                        Welcome...and you can try for the farmhouse and field tag. Ordinarily, it's just one tag but since I'm the tag holder, I'm using either tag to get things going now!

Comment

OK, here's the logging operation tag......It's 52F here today, and it was warm yesterday as well! Two days I've got out on the bike again!

And, the next tag is either a veteran's cemetery or a portion of a cemetery dedicated to veterans. Veteran's Day was not too far back.

Comment

An opportunity to stop and remember at the NH State Veterans Cemetery....

Another shot, but the bike is not the focus...just a few of the vet grave markers...

In honor of a fellow Marine who was being buried during my visit/ride to the cemetary....
                            Last edited by Guest; 11-28-2011, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Next tag....

Since it dropped 10 degrees by the end of my 75 mile ride. our next tag is for the cold weather stuff....your bike and a snowmobile, but not your own....get out there an earn it!

Comment

Ah come on I missed by a day!!
                                and where am I gonna find a snowmobile in Victoria BC?! LOL
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X