Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait a second! I don't care what bike you use but you can't get the tag (oldskool) and post it then say I will get the new tag tomorrow! I mean come on. I wanna know what I'm looking for when I head out in the morning. This will slow the game down. Sorry but I have to cry foul on this one!
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      Wait a second! I don't care what bike you use but you can't get the tag (oldskool) and post it then say I will get the new tag tomorrow! I mean come on. I wanna know what I'm looking for when I head out in the morning. This will slow the game down. Sorry but I have to cry foul on this one!
      I second that. I got it and nex tag should be immediate. where dealing with a lot of time zones and area here.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool

how about rule #10, but if you guys are that big a whiners, just ask me to leave, I won't return. You guys really know how to make a person feel welcome.
        Hey Oldskool I didn't mean to offend you in anyway (after all I am Canadian) I really did not know the 48 hour rule. It just seems like the game would move smoother if you post them at the same time but I will play it either way because it's fun and it gives me a purpose when I'm out by myself riding. I don't want to see you quit something because of this. Can't we all just get along?
        No signature

Comment

Thank you, I'm glad you feel that way, anyhow, with more people playing, a person could literally, go bonkers trying to get the next tag, because you never know who will beat you to it, plus a lot of people probably are more into this century's technology than I am, I don't have access through my phone or any other device, I like the game, but I ride to ride, Today for example, I was out since early this morning on the bike, and didn't return home till after 8p.m. my time. Hence my last two, one of which was my first in joining are nite photos, which I find easier to get a jump on most of the competition that way who may be more technologically advanced. I'll try not to make it UN-fun, by taking more than the next day ever, I don't need 48 hours, but you never know what the weather will do to dampen the game either.

I was actually out enough today on the bike to sunburn my face pretty good for the first time this year already, 83F here today!
          I only just got this bike running a couple days ago from a long winter resurection, so I'll be riding more than playing anyway.
          Last edited by Guest; 03-23-2012, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Our "normal" wait has been 24 hours, but if we are being forced, I still vote for 24 hours.
            AFA a valid tag:
            Look at it this way: You found something that will make an excellent tag. You wait until the tag is open, you find something that satisfies the current tag. Old tag - new tag. Good to go. Any problems?
            And I happen to have a most excellent picture of an analog clock tower that will never be posted, I was beat by 30 minutes on some technicality. Like being quicker.
            This is a game, folk. A game. Fun. Game.

Comment

Wow. Cabin fever has really set in hard on the riding game. I'm not sure why Eric is in such a mood about this but lighten up. I'm really needing to bust my ass this weekend and get my bike running so I can play again. Otherwise, it'll be a couple of more weeks.
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                Our "normal" wait has been 24 hours, but if we are being forced, I still vote for 24 hours.
                AFA a valid tag:
                Look at it this way: You found something that will make an excellent tag. You wait until the tag is open, you find something that satisfies the current tag. Old tag - new tag. Good to go. Any problems?
                And I happen to have a most excellent picture of an analog clock tower that will never be posted, I was beat by 30 minutes on some technicality. Like being quicker.
                This is a game, folk. A game. Fun. Game.
                Exactly...
                Any time I go out on one of the bikes, I check what the current tag is before I leave and keep my eye out. If I find it, then I make a point of finding the new tag before I get home.
                When I get home, I post of up the matching tag and my new tag...
                Sometimes when I get home I am too late and someone already got it, but hey...that's part of the fun.
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

bust your ass, I thought cowboys only broke horses

Comment

OK, kids, are we all done bickering? After perusing the last 2 pages of arguments, maybe I'll play again. The next tag is a fire station? BTW, all I own in the motorcycle world are Suzukis. I'm NOT going to start the argument again, but there are long time members here that no longer own a Suzuki, I don't have a problem with them playing the game.
                    Non-forum members can't post to the game, no archived photos, the rules as posted are good.
                    Incidentally if you look through the archives and you find a post that says "guest" or "anonymous", it's because their user name has expired through non-use of the forum, just to clear that up.
                    Fire station, here I come!!!!!

Comment

I have only been a member of GSR for 6 months but I've been playing our version of Tag-O-Rama for almost as long. The reason I say our version, is that if you go to the site for the originators of this game, they were area guys in regions playing on enduros using tags as specific spots that you had to figure out, by clues given. Not just duplicating a subject as we do. I keep in mind tags I would like to use in the future, so when I see a tag I can get, I go for it. I'll either grab the next tag on the way, or on the way back home to post from my computer. I do have the luxury of being able to reply and take pict. with my phone, but I still need my computer to play the game, so it is possible that I'll be beat posting. I think the 48hr. rule better applies to, if know one can get the new tag with in 48hr., it should be changed by the tag holder. This can happen like it has during the winter months when the amount of players is real low. This game is suppose to be fun, a challenge, fast paced. This doesn't need to be so hard. Like the originators suggest, to anyone wanting to play, follow the game for a few days to get the jist and flow of the game. Here that can be done in mear minutes by back pageing a few days. So I said my opinion, not trying offend or discurage anyone from playing. Quite the opposite, I've been practially begging for people in warmer climates to play during winter to keep the game going. Eric, Trevor, me, and a few others like Dan the Man, when he was able have kept this game going. So you have to take this in mind when to us, it seems like all of a sudden the rules and flow of the game seem to be changing. I can't speak for the others, this is just my opinion.
                      GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

You mean after all the time it took me to reply by phone, you guys have kissed and made up? Geeeze I wanted to be the voice of reason. I've got work to do, play nicely boys. I'll be back in the game after work, so there better be a tag waiting, or I'm gonna........
                        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool
                          enough is enough, cancel my firestation, go get your own, I didn't realize everyones bike would throw a rod when they didn't get their tag right away.
                          Its not fun, I'll just post on the thread "anybody go for a ride today" Don't bother trying to soothe my feelings, they're not that easily bruised, I have more important things in life to worry about, my Grandkids, my Wife, my family in general. Seriously, go get your tags, I won't be following this one up.
                          Really, I thought this was cleared up. Old Skool just get the new tag and post it. It doesn't need to be this way. Is it the 13th or something?
                          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Don't sweat it, let the game continue, I'm going to the Dr's in a little bit, if I was going to get the tag, I would have already this morning, enjoy your game, really, I'm fine.

Comment

What is the next tag, please? Hopefully the hate posts have ended, so we may resume what has always been a fun game.
                              Peace.

Comment

I don't see hate, just misunderstandings. If Old Skool still wants the next tag its his or he can with draw if it might take awhile to get the new one. I'm at work till 3 so it doesn't matter to me. There will always be another tag to get.
                                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X