Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I encourage more players. During the down season for most riders, 3 to 4 of us kept the game going and I even pleaded for more players. That is not the problem. It's the boreing pace and those who like to intentionally tie it up. Everbody knows who and what I'm talking about. One of them did it at the conception of this game and is still doing it now. Look back to the start and you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm stuck on my phone so I can't post quotes easily. Bring on new players, please. They eventually get up to speed, they are not whats is killing this GAME.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by gs road racer View Post
      OK to be clear the rules..Rules are easy...
      1. Find a SIMILAR tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). Take the tag to a new location, get the photo and post it here.
      2. Upon posting your new tag, the tagger is responsible for specifying what it is in the photo that must be reproduced. Be specific, but not so specific that no one else will be able to play because we couldn't find another pink school bus. Or choosing a new one for us to reproduce
        • Try to be generic so they can be found in other areas
      3. The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose.
      4. One tag at a time within thread. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.
      5. No whining There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules
      6. The holder of the tag determines if the tag has been duplicated and acknowledges it by posting on the thread. (Surrendering the Tag)
      7. No Pre-Arranged Tag Handoffs / Linear Tag sequence
      8. The motorcycle in the picture must get to the tag location under its own power (The vfr870 rule).
      9. Last but not least, should the tag be soo ridiculous that no one is able to reproduce it, it can be voted down if a majority of the active participants feel necessary.
      10. You don't have to say you're joining in but I think that adds to it we get to see who's out there playing!
      Some ideas from a previous post certainly not limited to anything but your imaginationHere's some ideas of tags from the ADV site:
      Water towers
      power generation
      creepy old industrial building
      pier (close enough)
      Urban sprawl
      fire tower
      watering holes
      ice cream maker
      observation post/one room school house
      mile markers
      Giant gnomes
      community pools
      wildlife
      Lodge
      museums
      lawn art
      Exotic animals
      River crossing
      Bandstands
      Cabooses
      Graffiti
      cool old diner sign
      Ambulance
      tool booth photo by attendant
      heavy equipment
      moose crossing sign (if you get this with bike and a moose in the background we'll give an atta boy)
      topiary
      waterfalls
      tunnels
      rooftops
      historical sites
      police officer (a hot one even better not gender specific eh)

Ok Kent getoutthere!!!!!

PS have fun and ride safely it is just a game!!
      Look at rule number one I would take that as it says,
      1. Find a SIMILAR tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). Take the tag to a new location, get the photo and post it here.
      Sounds like all in the same post to me...
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        Look at rule number one I would take that as it says,

Sounds like all in the same post to me...
        I see what you mean. Where did the 48 hr.'s come from ?
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam
          Yes...that is the way to do it. I've 52 pics up in this thread...26 got it's and 26 new tags...and I've always put both pics up at one time...

But...I don't wait for tags to go riding...ever....
          And I don't care if it's one tag an hour, a day, a week or a month...

When I am heading out, I check what the tag is...if I see it, I stop and shoot...if not, oh well.

And while it is a game, it is NOT a competition...there is no score and there is no end...

Rick, Trevor...you dudes should go for a ride or something...
          I have put 6500 miles on my bike in the last 6 months in Canada! I wouldn't say that this game gets me out riding. I don't know why you guys keep saying "it's not a competition" I never said it was. And good for you not caring if there is a new tag posted before you go out. And if you don't care if it is not posted for a month than you clearly won't mind if we insist that it be posted all in one post.
          No signature

Comment

agreed. You should post at the same time. Won't happen again...
            '83 GS 1100T
            The Jet

sigpic
            '95 GSXR 750w
            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
              I see what you mean. Where did the 48 hr.'s come from ?
              The 48hrs came from misinterpreting the 48 hr rule that if no one gets the tag, they change it.
              Holy crap this is 20min of my life that I will never get back!!
              No signature

Comment

I have put 6500 miles on my bike in the last 6 months in Canada! I wouldn't say that this game gets me out riding. I don't know why you guys keep saying "it's not a competition" I never said it was. And good for you not caring if there is a new tag posted before you go out. And if you don't care if it is not posted for a month than you clearly won't mind if we insist that it be posted all in one post.
                Trevor...I know you ride the heck out of your bike...

I am just trying to understand this...
                You guys can call me an ahole all you want but I'm with Rick either this speeds up or I am out of here too.
                Now I would never call you an @hole....but I don't get the I am out of here thing...
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Holy crap this is 20min of my life that I will never get back!!
                  Well yes....LOL...lucky I am at work...

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                    Well yes....LOL...lucky I am at work...
                    That's funny Baatfam!! I'm glad we are at least laughing about this. If my wife ever saw me doing this she would clearly tell me "To get a life".
                    No signature

Comment

I don't whine, I rant and if you haven't noticed, I haven't been playing. Anybody doing the whineing are the ones who have come out of winter hibernation all cranky and stiff and slowed the game to a crawl. I wasn't here when the game started, but I did read it before I played. So don't give me a load of crap about how it's played. Others complained about the slow pace back when it started. Amazingly it's the same ones slowing it down again.
                      GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                        I'll get it after work today. Was going to ride but it was a balmy 48 degrees. Too cold for me on a 32 mile trek to work.
                        You need to get some good gear, son....48º is a perfectly good riding temp...

The Fennimore Rally is in October and when we talk you into going, you're going to need it...

Comment

[QUOTE=trevor;1653788]
                          Originally posted by bccap View Post
                          Oh ok Garth sorry. Why don't we start with the question..
                          Should both tags have to be posted at the same time?
                          Yes...
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                            You need to get some good gear, son....48º is a perfectly good riding temp...

The Fennimore Rally is in October and when we talk you into going, you're going to need it...
                            48 is down right balmy! Talk about whinning. Come on Spyder, quit being a girl!! Oh that will get them ranting!
                            No signature

Comment

48 degrees???
                              That, is practically summer!
                              You DO ride with: gloves, jacket, riding pants and boots... Right?

No heated gear used by me... yet.

Eric

Comment

Watch it Trevor your next post is 6six6! I can't post the evil and eeek face, so you'll have to pretend it's there. lol
                                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X