Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've got one just up the road...Garth, you know the one I'm talking about, right?
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

The Roundhouse ?
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

nope...Fraser River off Hwy99.

Sun's out. Go get it! The 650 currently sits with the charging system apart, trying to figure out the best way to mount the new R/R (mounting holes on new one are too far apart)
        '83 GS650G

Comment

Grey Cup......
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
            They call them turnabouts. It's for turning engines around in track. I used to do contract work for the railroads. Great tag! ........
            This is definatly a bridge, a railroad swing bridge, over a river.
            I dont know if this one can swivel 180 degrees, or just if 90 degrees and back. But eiter way, it is a bridge foremost.

Tag is a railroad swing bridge. Not a turnabout. Not a draw bridge, not a bascule bridge. Not a lift bridge.

I suppose a swingbridge for automotive traffic will suffice, but I dont suspect there are such things. But just not a litle one on a PuttPutt course.

If you find the swingbridge in the closed position (position for train, close for boat traffic) then I suppose it will look like a regular bridge and will need some evidence that it is in fact a swing bridge, maybe a sign or some refrence on a map.
            Last edited by Redman; 11-25-2012, 10:10 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              This is definatly a bridge, a railroad swing bridge, over a river.
              Tag is a swing bridge. Not a turnabout.

I dont know if this one can swivel 180 degrees, or just if 90 degrees and back. But eiter way, it is a bridge foremost.

Good job putting the boat tag to rest. Could be a challenge to find the turning bridge too. Now off to see if I can Google one in NH.....

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                ............. Could be a challenge to find the turning bridge too. Now off to see if I can Google one in NH.....

I think you will find them called "Swing Bridge". And maybe in Railroad fanatic sites.

If the game goes on with no find past next weekend, I have a backup in mind: "bascule bridge".

So I discovered a few things today. And one of them was that my winter gloves and my riding pants (even with liner) are not up to the task of 35 degrees on cruiser bike with only small fairing.

Last edited by Redman; 11-25-2012, 10:14 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I *think* I remember an automobile swing bridge in the Seattle area...but that was a long time ago...

yup, here it is:

'83 GS650G

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                    I *think* I remember an automobile swing bridge in the Seattle area...but that was a long time ago...

yup, here it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spokane_Street_Bridge
                    The old Pitt River bridge was a swing bridge... There's a swing bridge in Richmond that goes to Sea Island..
                    Then there are at least 2 on the North arm of the Frazer between the Port Mann and Knight Street Bridges.

Comment

I stand corrected. In your picture it looked like a typical railway turn table.
                      '83 GS 1100T
                      The Jet

sigpic
                      '95 GSXR 750w
                      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Swing Bridge.

Last edited by Guest; 11-26-2012, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Nice shot Andrew. Good thing I checked. I was just about to head out that way.
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                            Nice shot Andrew. Good thing I checked. I was just about to head out that way.
                            Thanks Garth, It looks like It will be nice tomorrow if you want to go for a ride. I think I'll wait until it's raining to work on the garage.

NEXT TAG.

Abandoned or derelict vehicle

Comment

Andrew...

what model/year is the bike you are using to get your tags?

500e? 2007?
                              '83 GS650G

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                                Andrew...

what model/year is the bike you are using to get your tags?

500e? 2007?
                                That would be Carrie's bike, 2008 GS500E bought it in 2011 from a guy in Cultus Lake, it had 4km on it. Bought it road it around the trailer park.. He fell off a scaffold the next day at work.. sold the bike 3 years later. Carrie stayed clear of scaffold for a week after buying it.

Comment

Working...
                                X