This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bccap View Post
    The new tag is a freighter. And for those who live inland, a river barge will do. No rivers or lakes ? Then a double semi trailer.

I use to live three blocks from that little park. It is a great place to sit and listen to the harbour at night.
    Last edited by Guest; 12-16-2012, 01:28 PM.

Comment

No barges around at the moment and we don't have double semi trailers. That's the way it's been lately, except for the Christmas lights. I look at it as the Lord's got me set on different priorities right now. We have a river near by, but you rarely see a barge. You have to go upstream (actually downstream our river flows north), since we are at the begining of the river (ST. Johns River) Sanford, Fl. There aren't any river side roads that run along to even search for one. The only river around and you only get a second or two at a time to see it on a cross bridge.
      Last edited by gsrick; 12-17-2012, 10:16 PM.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

OK got out today for couple of hours and did a 100kms!
        here is El Da Barge Actually two there..

New tag..I'm gonna give lots of choice since there are not many guys playing because, well it's December
        House on a cliff...

in front of a fancy hotel..
        No signature

Comment

Cliff I can't do, but fancy hotel is a possible. I'll see what I can do.
          Eric thinks he missed your 1150 build thread.
          GSRick
          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            .....New tag..I'm gonna give lots of choice since there are not many guys playing because, well it's December
            House on a cliff...

in front of a fancy hotel..
            Not any fancy hotels in my area of the woods....no one silly enough to build a home on a cliff when there's plenty of nice buildable property around...so I'll just ride around without a purpose other than not giving in to the cold. Maybe start an ice man contest like another forum for cold weather craziness and death defying riding. I was runner up in that contest a few years ago, because they're was somebody stupider, I mean braver, than I was!

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
              Not any fancy hotels in my area of the woods....no one silly enough to build a home on a cliff when there's plenty of nice buildable property around...so I'll just ride around without a purpose other than not giving in to the cold. Maybe start an ice man contest like another forum for cold weather craziness and death defying riding. I was runner up in that contest a few years ago, because they're was somebody stupider, I mean braver, than I was!
              OK in the spirit of Xmas giving I will add a 3rd possiable tag...so to be straight here are your options...
              1 a house on cliff
              2 fancy hotel
              and 3 are boat houses..
              No signature

Comment

....................... forum for cold weather craziness and death defying riding. I was runner up in that contest a few years ago,..........
                Do tell more!

I sometimes partisipate in an other forum's "bike parked in unusall places", but you say "death defying riding" ... hum. Do tell more.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  Do tell more!

I sometimes partisipate in an other forum's "bike parked in unusall places", but you say "death defying riding" ... hum. Do tell more.

Basically a contest that ran from Dec 1 - Apr 1, riding your bike in sub zero (lower than 0C or 32F) with more points accumulated for each degree below freezing. There were a few other rules, but my personal best was riding at 4F and runner up in overall points one year. Easy to imagine that ice, snow and other things such as frozen tires, fingers, brains at -30F wind chill, all factored in as whether you made it home safely. Only real requirements were a bike, thermometer, hopefully some cold weather gear, tires with some tread, and ability to be stupid to defy odds, along with recommended life and bike insurance paid up. You guys who live in the tropics weren't able to compete for obvious reasons. The prize you ask for this international contest??...well ask Witttom on the ClassicUJM forum what he did with his cheesy golden ice cube tray. Runner up got a bumper sticker that said "I'm stupid but I survived"....which I never did get in the mail!
                  Last edited by Guest; 12-24-2012, 03:37 PM.

Comment

okay, thanks. So mostly about cold weather death defying.
                    Esch. 4 degF. Yikes. That is deathly.
                    I didnt ride today because high today is 28 degF.
                    And I know of 1) Houses on sanddune cliff, 2)fancy hotels and 3)covered boat slips.

note: WittTom is a familiar name. Meet such a person 6 or so years ago at Brown County.
                    Last edited by Redman; 12-24-2012, 04:23 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Well who would have thought I would have ever gotten the tag in this game..

Fancy dancy Hotel....

So I guess I will do the same as Trevor and give a couple of choices for the next tag, actually from the same picture. It can either be a 'single standing wall' or "a choice photo of porta potty". Enjoy

Rob
                      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Haha, even the same house! Good one Rob.
                        No signature

Comment

I hate the way they do that. Call it a Heritage Building and all they do is retain the front wall.
                          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool
                            You guys are talking about riding, I can't see the end of my yard it's snowing so hard right now.
                            Welcome to my life!

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                              "a choice photo of porta potty".
                              Isn't that a paradox?

Comment

Actually I think it's an oxymoron. But welcome to the game.
                                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X