This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
    Are you sure that's not a 1958 Ford Fairlane?
    Look at the tail lights and the side molding. If I remember correctly the Fairlain had round tail lights and molding that swept down as it went to the rear. I favored GM in the 50s and 60s more, so a Ford guy would know better.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

My knowledge of vintage cars is dick all. But found this pic of a 58 Fairlane on Google ?

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
        Aw crappola...not a Daytona bike week/squid tag?
        You would be correct on the first part, but not the second part. At least I don't think so, what is your definition of a squid. In Orlando a squid used to be the Navy sailors that were off base on leave. Yeah, we HAD a Navy base in the middle of the state.
        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

From the Urban Dictionary

1. Squid 1727 up, 319 down
          A young motorcyclist who overestimates his abilities, boasts of his riding skills when in reality he has none. Squid bikes are usually decorated with chrome and various anodized bits. Rear tyres are too wide for their own good, swingarm extended. Really slow in the corners, and sudden bursts of acceleration when a straight appears. Squids wear no protection, deeming themselves invincible. This fact compounds intself with the fact that they engage in 'extreem riding'--performing wheelies and stoppies in public areas. Squids wreck alot. Derived from 'squirly kid'
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
            My knowledge of vintage cars is dick all. But found this pic of a 58 Fairlane on Google ?

Good job Garth, I can't do that on my phone. I see the resemblence. I must be thinking 55-57 Fords on the round tail light. I'm a GM man on that era.
            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

I don't think it really matters. We should just play the tag as called. Its not a big deal.
              1983 GS 750

Comment

From the Urban Dictionary

1. Squid 1727 up, 319 down
                A young motorcyclist who overestimates his abilities, boasts of his riding skills when in reality he has none. Squid bikes are usually decorated with chrome and various anodized bits. Rear tyres are too wide for their own good, swingarm extended. Really slow in the corners, and sudden bursts of acceleration when a straight appears. Squids wear no protection, deeming themselves invincible. This fact compounds intself with the fact that they engage in 'extreem riding'--performing wheelies and stoppies in public areas. Squids wreck alot. Derived from 'squirly kid'
                I have been enlightened. No I promise, if I have posession of the tag, it won't squids or pirates. The suggestion was for her to get as many scantily clad women to pose with me and my bike. Who am I to refuse an offer like that.
                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

I don't think it really matters. We should just play the tag as called. Its not a big deal.
                  WOW, you really aren't a car guy. It MATTERS.
                  GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Sure looks like a Ford Fairlane from the 50's in his tag...I'm sure Eric won't mind a slight change to the tag to include Fords, etc....from the 50's...but still no Chevys to fill the tag.

Comment

Reply from Eric

"I was probably mistaken on that car. It had Oldsmobile hub caps and Oldsmobile/Chevy engine in it.I tried tomake out the casting numbers in the tail lights but could not.
                      Any 1950's car will do just fine. Go and get the tag!
                      Currently snowing here with 45-60 mph gusts. Whoopee!"
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                        I have been enlightened. No I promise, if I have posession of the tag, it won't squids or pirates. The suggestion was for her to get as many scantily clad women to pose with me and my bike. Who am I to refuse an offer like that.
                        Now THAT's what a call a good tag! Great wife, too...
                        '83 GS650G
                        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                          You would be correct on the first part, but not the second part. At least I don't think so, what is your definition of a squid. In Orlando a squid used to be the Navy sailors that were off base on leave. Yeah, we HAD a Navy base in the middle of the state.
                          In Canada, we have these things called "Stone Frigates", which sometimes appear in the middle of the Prairies. Comes from a British tradition. Not sure if it translates to the USN.

Here's one in Kingston, at the Royal Military College. At least they sit on a body of water.

'83 GS650G
                          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                            Now THAT's what a call a good tag! Great wife, too...
                            Yeah, I think so too.
                            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Well I'm grabbing at straws here. The grill and headlight you see in the window is a 1953 MG. Gonna need a ruling ?

and inside

1983 GS 750

Comment

Well I'm grabbing at straws here. The grill and headlight you see in the window is a 1953 MG. Gonna need a ruling ?

and inside
                                No ruling needed. That's a beautiful '53 MG TD....car from the 50's. Maybe a day soon where I'm not working 12 hrs/day and snow and ice everywhere that I can get the bike out for a tag. Next tag up?

Comment

Working...
                                X