Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next tag is a high end supermarket. These guys import bread from Paris every Tuesday and Thursday. Thirty bucks a loaf.

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
      These guys import bread from Paris every Tuesday and Thursday. Thirty bucks a loaf.
      C'mon....seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Zim View Post
        C'mon....seriously?
        Golden crust. I mean with real 24k gold !
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Haven't shopped there for a while, but I did buy half a loaf once to see what it's all about If memory serves me correct, the original loaf was made in 15 or 1600 and a piece or bit of the yeast is always transferred forward to the next loaf. They have a bit of a blurb in the store. I'll take a photo next time I'm near there. It did make terrific toast but a little dry for sangy's.
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Heelllloooo.......Is anybody out there ???? Is this tag too hard ? I can change it.
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Heelllloooo.......Is anybody out there ???? Is this tag too hard ? I can change it.
              Geez Garth, I'm in Victoria... our highest end bakery is Cob's!
              IBA# 12860
              Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
              1984 KZ1100R
              2008 Kawasaki KLR650
              2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Nah not too hard, just busy. Been working on the FJ.
                Also trying to score an anvil for our church's Easter play.
                Found a nice 125 lb. one 2 hours south of me and went to pick it up today.
                Then had a potential new member come buy to see about some parts for a bike('79 750L) he just bought. Typical bike, leaky carbs and missing parts.
                Going to try and run over to him next week to see if I can help. Pointed him to BC's web page and told him to sign up. I might have overwhelmed him a little with info, but if he joins here he'll be ok. As long as the know-it-alls, don't act like know-it-alls.
                GSRick
                No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I got a bigger wedge to hold my door open than the one keeping that train from rolling away!

Hey rick, just noticed you sold your T-bird. Get what you were looking for out of it?

There was a thread on the Thunderbird forum of a guy introducing himself and showing off pictures of his
                  newly acquired 97 Bird and I noticed parked behind the car was a 78 or 79 GS750.

I got to say "I have one just like it!" twice, lol.
                  He said he's a member here but hasn't posted.

Looks like it will still be at least a couple weeks before I'll be able to ride.

Sunday April 7th marks the Sixth solid month of snow in a row.
                  Six months of winter.
                  I don't even....

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                    Nah not too hard, just busy. Been working on the FJ.
                    Also trying to score an anvil for our church's Easter play.
                    Found a nice 125 lb. one 2 hours south of me and went to pick it up today.
                    Then had a potential new member come buy to see about some parts for a bike('79 750L) he just bought. Typical bike, leaky carbs and missing parts.
                    Going to try and run over to him next week to see if I can help. Pointed him to BC's web page and told him to sign up. I might have overwhelmed him a little with info, but if he joins here he'll be ok. As long as the know-it-alls, don't act like know-it-alls.
                    If he doesn't play the riding game I don't like him.....
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Yeah Tank we did, $700 for more work than we were willing to put into it. We got atleast 10 good years out of it. I liked it, but the windows, AC, head gaskets, water pump, and front end was wearing out. Time for someone with new car enthusiasm to take it over.

Sold my '67 GTO also, the guy is bringing the rest of the money and picking it up tomorrow. Took a year to sell, but I got exactly what I always said it would take for me to sell it.

I"ve owned it for 31 years, but it has been in storage for the last 15 years and was in need of a restoration. I have over 2K in parts to go with it. It looks alot better in the photo than when it's dry and in person. Don't get me wrong, it's a solid car and runs, but it was time for a true restoration when I parked it. Besides I'll put some money into my pops 55 chevy custom and get it on the road and in return he's giving me his 40 chevy as an early inheretance.

I've got other car and project bikes to make up for it. I just bought an '84 FJ1100, that will be running tomorrow and will be going into immediate service. Here is a photo of it the night I brought it home last week. Just finished cleaning the carbs and the pods. Still need to check the valves, I got a valve tool and some shims from a semi local Clist ad. Popped up just like it was ment to be. God is good! Pray unceasingly, for He does provide.

I might be picking up a cheap(1/10 what I sold the Goat for), but running and in good shape, '67 360 Dart GT to tinker with and maybe some bracket racing at SpeedWorld.

Not quite as cool as the Goat, but the light weightness will make up for it.
                      Already thinking satin black with a verticle red GT stripe over the backend, with big and littles for some attitude.
                      Last edited by gsrick; 03-29-2013, 01:21 AM.
                      GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

If he doesn't play the riding game I don't like him.....
                        I haven't seen the running condition of his bike yet, but I did explain and show him the game, and he sounded interested. I'll try to get over to his place next week and get him on the road in short order. I have a few spare parts lying around that can help speed thing up.
                        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Well, I couldn't find any fancy markets or $30 bread here! I'll have to catch the next tag!

Comment

Don't give up yet Garth. I didn't think it would be a hard one, but what there is here isn't street view possible. I found a place The British Shoppe , the little lady and I are going to see if it will fill the bill. I hope that was proper English, since I speak Merican.
                            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

It'll do just fine Rick. By the way I like your motorcycle trailer. Did you buy it from a Harley owner ?
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

It'll do just fine Rick. By the way I like your motorcycle trailer. Did you buy it from a Harley owner ?
                                Nope, a Busaman. He wen't and got one of those extended swingarms added and then they lowered it.( Real popular down here) Went to pick it up from the shop and his bike wouldn't fit anymore.
                                I would up doing a three way trade for a 70 Ford 460 engine I never found use for and a no title Honda 250 enduro. Everybody got what they wanted and I didn't have to pay any tax.
                                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X