X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I match your fountain...and raise you a set of Stocks

One Fountain

Next Tag a set of Stocks or a jail that predates 1800.

As you can see this Jail and Stocks are from 1719.
    Good Luck,
    Paul
    Last edited by Guest; 08-06-2010, 10:55 AM.

Comment

While I was taking the photo of the Jail.... fellow GSR member Doug aka Crag Antler drove by and gave a holler.... thought that was cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck View Post
        One Fountain
        Thats a bird bath
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
          Thats a bird bath
          And a dry one at that.
          Lame.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

You hear that, they are calling you out. Get back on the GS and find the biggest fountain you can!

Comment

It actually a Fountain but they were in the process of draining it and maintennance..... no one said it had to be working. You can see the hose in the bottom and the black hose at the top that goes into the nozzle for the bubbleer. It is usually of those fountains that puts over the smooth bubble like flow instead of little rivers like a waterfall. I think you are just scared of the next tag.
              Last edited by Guest; 08-06-2010, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck View Post
                I think you are just scared of the next tag.
                That is too east coast for me. By the 1800s when the midwest was being settled making a contraption like that was too much work. A lot easier to just shoot someone.
                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                  That is too east coast for me. By the 1800s when the midwest was being settled making a contraption like that was too much work. A lot easier to just shoot someone.
                  Same here, no way I can get a building like that.

Comment

Okay I will amend it to an old Fort also because all forts had brigs.

Comment

Hamster what about Fort Edmonton they might have stocks there, or just the old Fort its self.

Comment

Originally posted by cvmgtwowheels View Post
                        Hamster what about Fort Edmonton they might have stocks there, or just the old Fort its self.
                        I can't get inside to see the stocks etc with the bike. I can get the outside though. The whole place does not qualify, according to wiki it went up in 1795 but was moved due to flooding etc, the original place I don't think exists and/or was at a different site. Now that it has been widened to 'fort' I'll try and head over there sometime this weekend and take a picture of it anyway, since it is the closest thing around here to an old structure of that age. I have a wedding to go to today though.
                        Last edited by Guest; 08-07-2010, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Fort Snelling is up the river from me a few miles. There were plenty of pain and suffering devices up there. Soldiers killing Indians. Maybe Ill take a run but its unbearably hot and humid here today !!!!
                          82 1100 EZ (red)

Comment

Wow ! Yes it is hot...but people were out enjoying the day. Had a "spirited" ride to the Fort with a ST11. Kinda the same color as my EZ. Nice Bike !!

Fort Snelling

and the guy at the Fort. It musta been awful hot in that wool uniform....his beard kept falling off .

If youre stuck in the Twin Cities with nothing to do you might as well go to the Fort. Good piece of history (or bad - depends if youre an American Indian or not) and plenty of vista views of the Mississippi river valley.

Last edited by bonanzadave; 08-08-2010, 07:11 PM.
                            82 1100 EZ (red)

Comment

A 1944 M4 SHERMAN TANK .

or any Piece of retired Military Equipment.
                              82 1100 EZ (red)

Comment

Those are great pics at the fort - poor guy! I wish my bike were up, we have a tank in town, I have no idea what kind but it's big... and painted red white and blue! You'd never spot it in an American flag factory.
                                "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Working...
                                X