Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right or wrong, it's Rick's business, lets not turn it into one of those threads.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      Rick come on man...what's with letting the pilon dress like that??? I thought you were a man of god?? Rick I like you man but that my friend is showing poor judgement by letting someone get on your bike dressed like that. You are better than that.
      Are you kidding shes older than me and I was taught to respect my elders.
      Besides I don't argue with Momma.
      Last edited by gsrick; 06-02-2013, 10:48 AM.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Really ??!! Upstaged by Tom ! I am hurt to the quick.....
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Here you go, this morning as promised.

Comment

Had this little gem a few days ago when I got beat to the B&B, wish pics came out a little better. A covered bridge used for passenger vehicles, either in service or not, no railroad or pedestrian bridges.

Comment

Lol was just on my way out the door to get this tag... Good one Old Skool. Hopefully I will get one tag one of these days. Even though I have not been able to get one it is nice to keep up with what others have in their area and gives me another reason to ride around and look for tags.

Comment

I've always wondered. What was the theory behind building covered bridges ? Keep a car dry for a hundred feet ?
                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                1983 GS 750

Comment

I got this tag last year on Suzy, so I guess that leaves me out. I try google later and see if there is another one, but I don't think there is any. I can always go back on SuzyII if no one can get it. I'll be watching.
                  GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by xxBenJamminxx View Post
                    Lol was just on my way out the door to get this tag... Good one Old Skool. Hopefully I will get one tag one of these days. Even though I have not been able to get one it is nice to keep up with what others have in their area and gives me another reason to ride around and look for tags.
                    Bingo, that's the whole point of the game.
                    Originally posted by bccap View Post
                    I've always wondered. What was the theory behind building covered bridges ? Keep a car dry for a hundred feet ?
                    Fishing, shade or shelter, depends on the weather.
                    GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

You can go get the tag of the same bridge again Rick, just can't dig one out of your computer that was used before or an excessive amount of time has passed.

It was my understanding the wooden bridges were covered for several reasons, mostly for the bridges benefit, it added support/strength and provided weather shelter for itself to prevent it's premature deterioration.

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                        You can go get the tag of the same bridge again Rick, just can't dig one out of your computer that was used before or an excessive amount of time has passed.

It was my understanding the wooden bridges were covered for several reasons, mostly for the bridges benefit, it added support/strength and provided weather shelter for itself to prevent it's premature deterioration.
                        Well I think we found another one near by, but I haven't actually seen it yet, to see if it will qualify as one you can drive across. There are quite a few in Florida, but they aren't close. The one I got last year used to be on private land when it was built, but now it's an entrance to a massive neighborhood.
                        That seems to be a popular thing with some of the new developments around.

I like my reason better.
                        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Covered bridge 54mi from home will fling new tag on way home
                          sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
                          1994 gsxr1100w
                          1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

I believe it was to extend the bridges life and integrity?
                            '83 GS 1100T
                            The Jet

sigpic
                            '95 GSXR 750w
                            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by akckhim View Post

Covered bridge 54mi from home will fling new tag on way home
                              It looks like wherever you are is nice riding country.
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

It looks like wherever you are is nice riding country.
                                It sure does look like a beautiful area...
                                '83 GS 1100T
                                The Jet

sigpic
                                '95 GSXR 750w
                                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                                X