This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
    What happened to the Florida move? We can't post pictures of monster trucks and whiskey stills every week... Really though, I think I'm going to have to google SK every time I go for a tag to see whats up there.

Yeah the Florida job didn't pan out I guess.
    Got a call at the last minute saying they were no longer able to hire someone.
    "It's not you, it's us" they said.

I got a good new job here though, pipe fitting in the largest bio-diesel refinery in Canada. Pays better than the Florida job too.
    If I like it still come winter time I'll get on apprenticeship, and if not I'll head for Florida anyways.

I can't ride during the week so I got home this weekend dying to play the game, but we have no phone booths, or graffiti, and especially no anchors or harbours, lol.

Comment

To bad my boat is at home it would have been cooler with mine in the harbor lol.

Comment

Ah the weekend. Log on to get caught up and I thought I was on a Hardly site. lol Too much yapping and not enough riding. Need a target, I'm out of church and eating lunch. Gotta get it while I can. I have carbs to rince and reassemble and the 650 up to finish up, but day light is burning. That can wait till night time when it's cooler. I wanna play.
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Take a picture of your steel horse with your horse. If you don't have a horse any horse will do but bonus if it's yours.

Comment

As rick would say...yap yap yap, we no longer have horses, as our health deteriorated a little to properly take care of them, plus very expensive, we got rid of the 3 we had. If no one gets this today, I get it tomorrow.

Comment

Dang. I just left Amish country.
              Out in the city now.
              I'm out today.

Comment

Hey Adam, you ever going to come over for a burger and a beer... I'm also canceling the 13th to Wv, but plan on going solo the weekend after if interested.

Comment

[QUOTE=old_skool;1894267]As rick would say...yap yap yap, we no longer have horses, as our health deteriorated a little to properly take care of them, plus very expensive, we got rid of the 3 we had. If no one gets this today, I get it tomorrow.[/QUOTE ]
                  Not mine, but a horse is a horse of course. Don't sweat, I got it Rich.

Found some baby deer a few houses from the horses.

Next tag is a ski shop. Yep they sell snow skis in Fl. along with water skis.

Last edited by gsrick; 07-06-2013, 07:03 PM.
                  GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                    Hey Adam, you ever going to come over for a burger and a beer... I'm also canceling the 13th to Wv, but plan on going solo the weekend after if interested.
                    I don't know what I'm doing Rich.
                    Life has gotten crazy and a bit stressful. I won't make the trip with you....If I can make it at all it will be for the Aug. rally.....and that is looking iffy.

Comment

Ski shop. Local family owned buisness...
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Next!

Victms..of times or the recession. This Buick dealer in Shrewsbury NJ was in buisness for 83 years.I always loved its perfectly kept stainless steel ( painted white to my dismay) and neon signage. Buick survived, but i assume the small town 5 bay shop and small lot didnt satisfy some bean counters chart. My Ducati friend slummed it with me last night...( 2 time gs owner actually ) Some of the signage has already been pillaged.

Todays special....you choose. low brow or high class..That gs looks like a truck next to the Duc

sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Not the tag!

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                          Victms..of times or the recession. This Buick dealer in Shrewsbury NJ was in buisness for 83 years.I always loved its perfectly kept stainless steel ( painted white to my dismay) and neon signage. Buick survived, but i assume the small town 5 bay shop and small lot didnt satisfy some bean counters chart. My Ducati friend slummed it with me last night...( 2 time gs owner actually ) Some of the signage has already been pillaged.

Todays special....you choose. low brow or high class..That gs looks like a truck next to the Duc

For me that would be a very hard choice. I don't have a 1150 yet.

Shouldn't take too long for this tag. We had a Pontiac dealership(Mc Namara) in Orlando that had been closed since GM AXED the Pontiac brand. The main iconic signage remained through two different businesses, but I saw it was gone two weeks ago.

Gone now, but still alive on the interweb.
                          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Maybe ill get this one later today if its not already got. There is an old chevy dealership that is still in business anout 15 miles from me. Not sure what their sign looks like though.

Comment

Don't make the tag harder than it is, any business hit by the recession..."Victms..of times or the recession" is the tag, not car dealer specific.

Comment

Oh well in that case this dealer I was thinking of made it somehow. Although its a really old and kind of run down building. When you look at it you think wow how does chevrolet allow him to still have a franchise with a building that looks like that. But I'm sure the overhead is super low and they have good deals.

Comment

Working...
                                X