This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
    If this passes the test, I have a new tag ready. It's not a yucca or at least I don't think it is. What ever it is it's big and spikey and I wouldn't want to run into one, that's for sure. I know it's not a GS, not even a Suzuki, but if you want the game to move forward it is what it is.
    t

If it is ok, then the next tag will be an old truck. This is the one I'm buying to use as my shop truck. '62 Ford E100. 235ci w/ three on the tree.

It needs the carb rebuilt and probably the front end and brakes, but not immediately. This is going to be my rainy day transportation to school also.
    That is a century plant. once it blooms it dies. Very distant cousin of a Yucca.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Looks like a Yucca to me.. Next?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Dammit!!! Should have checked here before leaving today. There is a ford truck just like that in town. Passed by it twice today!

Thought we were on some big goofy "art" of some sort.
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Do these count?

Comment

If they count, next tag is an old RV!

Comment

80 chevy truck.......my first vehicle.......it is 34 years old.
              That RV is the shhhhhh-t!
              Last edited by dorkburger; 05-11-2014, 08:36 PM. Reason: add
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

In case those 2 trucks don't count, here is an even older one.

Rode from Kitscoty to Marwayne for those pics.
                I learned Marwayne is a little bigger than I thought it was.

Comment

Hmm.... That's going to be an interesting one to find. I wonder if any of the RV dealerships might have a restored one on display ? Guess I'll just have to go for a ride and see....
                  Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

They're all over around here. Got cold and rainy again for the week. If it's not gotten by the weekend I can get it...
                    '83 GS 1100T
                    The Jet

sigpic
                    '95 GSXR 750w
                    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                      Hmm.... That's going to be an interesting one to find. I wonder if any of the RV dealerships might have a restored one on display ? Guess I'll just have to go for a ride and see....
                      Head to Langley, Garth... or the Capilano reserve on the other side of the Lion's Gate
                      '83 GS650G
                      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

I should have looked earlier, went for a 50 mile round trip to check on a GR650. Passed many old RVs. Can't believe no one can find an old RV.

Looks like it will have to be Rick to the rescue again. Shoot, retirees drive them down here, take off the wheels, set'em up on blocks, and instant condo.
                        GSRick
                        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Cool Rick. I wouldn't know where to find one here...
                          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

Can't believe something so common has lasted six days. I may have to go find an old RV.

Comment

Sounds like you're feeling better. Good.....
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

Took a ride on my old XT 250 yesterday, so far so good. Tried to put the 550 up on the centerstand, no go. Probably could have, but it would have hurt. So yeah, I can probably find an RV if my wife goes someplace for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X