This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bccap View Post
    Welcome aboard A-train. Take a picture of a steel bridge and post what you want for the next tag...

Take a picture of your bike, with a steel bridge (current tag). Then take a picture of your bike with whatever you want the next tag to be...

(just wanted to clarify) I know it doesn't SEEM that complicated, but...
    '83 GS 1100T
    The Jet

sigpic
    '95 GSXR 750w
    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

And that's a cool bridge...
      '83 GS 1100T
      The Jet

sigpic
      '95 GSXR 750w
      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by A-train View Post
        Ok - I wanna play.

How the hell do I tell what the next thing is? And who calls the new tag? The poster?

All kinda of stuff in the D - and always looking for an excuse to ride...

(actually, rarely need one...)
        I'm glad you want to play, we could always use more players.

I'm out on this one, any bridges or trussels here are concrete or wood.

Comment

Once my bike is running (REAL SOON, I SWEAR!), I'll definitely be in for a weekly tag thing here.

Comment

I call your steel bridge.

Comment

Here is the next tag:

No, it's not another bridge. Well it can be. It is some structure that has been destroyed and then rebuilt, preferably multiple times, and preferably not on purpose.

This is the 4th bridge that's been in this place. The first was destroyed in 1832 by "ice, high water, and severe weather". The second bridge was burnt down during the civil war to prevent the confederates from crossing the Susquehanna and reaching Philly. This caused them to go to Gettysburg instead. The third bridge was done in by a hurricane in 1896. This fourth bridge was supposed to have an upper deck, but it was never finished. It used to carry both car and train traffic, but the trains were moved to a bridge north of here.

Comment

Excellent, I love the difficult tags.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I finally found a bridge and you beat me by an hour. My ride was so good I didn't want to come home and post it. Nice find Chrkut.
                  1985 GSX750SF (BOTM March 2015)
                  1986 GSX750SG (parts bike/project?)

Comment

I would have beat you by more than an hour if my my bike would have restarted. It got the first pictures fine, but when I shut it off to get the new tag, the battery was too weak to turn it over while warm. My dad came to the rescue, but as soon as he arrived it was able to start up.

It seems like all the bridges here have been knocked down and rebuilt at least once due to hurricanes, ice jams, or both.

Comment

Destroyed and rebuilt ? I like it. Have to do a little thinking....
                      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

I just got home from a car trip and along my travels found a metal one lane bridge in the middle of nowhere.

I was going to take my bike back tomorrow if the tag hadn't been gotten yet.

This new tag is a good one, going to have to think on it.

Comment

Something like this?

This is the rug mill in town. Originally a factory, vacated and left to decay, razed, then rebuilt as low rent apartments.
                          Not multiple times however.
                          This would be very easy to get as its across town from me, so if its good to use, ill wait on it a bit.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

This tag has lasted 5 days so here it is...bridge has been redone at least 3 times in 140 years to it's latest version here. Mary's Bridge got the name for poor Mary who fell into the river a long time ago when it was a foot bridge. She was walking home after dark from work and someone had removed the foot bridge due to ice flow and never told anyone so little Mary walked into the abyss....and drowned! (true story)

Previous versions on the same location over the river....

Last edited by Guest; 06-04-2014, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Next tag

Done with the history lesson so on to arts and crafts...a pottery shop.

Comment

That is a sweet Beemer.......
                                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X