Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must be getting close to winter...I'm playing the riding game more.

Ok...one mural

Next is a pumpkin patch...
    Ps...sorry about the new bikes but I can't ride any of the collector plates when I'm supposed to be working.

Last edited by trevor; 10-24-2014, 11:07 PM.
    No signature

Comment

"but I can't ride any of the collector plates when I'm supposed to be working."

???? why the hell not? And why are you "supposed" to be working?
      '83 GS 1100T
      The Jet

sigpic
      '95 GSXR 750w
      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
        "but I can't ride any of the collector plates when I'm supposed to be working."

???? why the hell not? And why are you "supposed" to be working?
        The Collector Plate program in BC saves us a lot of money in insurance. Basically Trevor pays around $200 a year for the big bikes as opposed to somewhere around $1100 for the same bike with normal insurance. The only restrictions are you can't use the bike for work or school otherwise he can use it for whatever or go wherever including travel to the States. To qualify the bike must be at least 25 years old and in restored condition. It's a huge saving for us. All vehicle insurance in BC comes from one government run company { ICBC } and their rates are comparable to those provinces that have private insurance, aside from this program which is unique { I believe ? } to BC....
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Wow, it's rough to be kanadian, eh? I pay 223.00 a year. And that's high due to too many speeding tickets in a 12 month stretch. Gonna be another year or so before it goes back down to 180 per year.
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Wow, it's rough to be kanadian, eh? I pay 223.00 a year. And that's high due to too many speeding tickets in a 12 month stretch. Gonna be another year or so before it goes back down to 180 per year.
            There is a difference but it's not as much as you might think. The key difference is the amount of liability required and un or under insured motorist protection which is included. If I get shmucked by some guy with low liability coverage my insurance kicks in for $2,000,000. It probably wouldn't affect a driver here as liability is $1,000,000 but it could when one is traveling where liability requirements are low. It could be better, ICBC was designed as a self sufficient company but the government has discovered a cash cow so guess where the profits go ?
            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
            1983 GS 750

Comment

That makes a little more sense now. My liability coverage is 500k. I learnt me sumfin tuday.
              '83 GS 1100T
              The Jet

sigpic
              '95 GSXR 750w
              The Rocket

Comment

And don't forget...we can ride here 12 months of the year.
                No signature

Comment

My 919 is my most expensive at $127 a year, it allows me to insure several machines and ride em all. I recently took my 919 on a 200 mile loop, stirred the oil and changed the gas and used the side of the tires a bit.

V
                  Gustov
                  80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                  81 GS 1000 G
                  79 GS 850 G
                  81 GS 850 L
                  83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                  80 GS 550 L
                  86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                  2002 Honda 919
                  2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Stay focused kids. I know this is a social game thread but the chatter should turn into finding a pumpkin patch. I've been riding but just haven't seemed to find any pumpkins in the wild so far. By the end of the week there will be plenty of smashed pumpkins to avoid on the streets.

Comment

Boy, you know winter's coming when I've got time to play. Ok, next tag is an Autumn photo, figure that should be easy enough (hopefully it hasn't been done recently)

Bonus points if there's a Vetter in the pic
                      Rob
                      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Past peak but it is still autumn. I took the Vetter off my GS1000G but was great to get back out on the Bandit.

Last edited by Guest; 10-30-2014, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Next tag is....granite pillars or old farm house.

Comment

Beautiful day today 16 and sunny! And I happend to have the day off today!
                            First off "i found my thrill" lol

Next tag is a dock or a commercial building for sale or lease...

No signature

Comment

Isn't that , er, WASN'T that your local bike shop? Wheelies?
                              '83 GS 1100T
                              The Jet

sigpic
                              '95 GSXR 750w
                              The Rocket

Comment

Isn't that , er, WASN'T that your local bike shop? Wheelies?
                                Geez ! You scared the Hell out of me Spyder. I haven't had a chance to visit Wheelies yet. However going by the below picture posted by Trev I'd have to guess no. Two garage bay doors, the window on the left, and the cracked pavement make me suspect it is not Wheelies. Trev ?

1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X