Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safer than motorcycle riding? ...but don't park your bike too close otherwise you'll bump up the odds from both things!

Below is a comprehensive list of Ferris wheel accidents and mishaps dating from 2002 to present. Are Ferris wheels dangerous? Absolutely not, if properly maintained and rules are followed. The odds of being seriously injured at one of the United States' 400 fixed-site amusement parks are 1 in 9
    Last edited by Guest; 06-22-2015, 10:37 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=bccap;2197488]Good tag Rick. We've all got one of those somewhere. I'd like to see one of our British members get a shot with the Millennium Wheel........[/QUOTE]

Hello.............. British members. You've been called to duty. Australians, New Zealanders, South Africans, Irish, Swedish, Californians, and any GSR members from other countries I failed to mention, get on your bikes, bring you camera or phone, and join the game.
      *******************Represent******************

Lets see what you got in your neck of the woods. What makes your little spot on Gods green earth so nice that you stay there.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Looks like I need to get a substitute tag.
        Last edited by gsrick; 06-29-2015, 08:28 PM.
        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Hey its the largest ferris wheel in the Western Hemisphere!!!!!
          Richie and Eddie spend $15,000 to ride on the tallest illegal death-trap in Western Europe for 8 and a half minutes while ZoidBerg from Futurama tries out be...

WIsh I had a camera

Comment

British humor. You gotta love it. Or not.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

It's a great tag Rick. It's just that most of us are under water. He!!, I had to chase away a Vietnamese family trying to plant rice in my front yard this morning ! ! !
              '83 GS 1100T
              The Jet

sigpic
              '95 GSXR 750w
              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

ROFL. I'll grab something else anyway. Both will be available for use. That is if it's not raining here also.
                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Sometime I'm such a Homer, 25 minutes and half way to the alternate tag and I realize I forgot my phone.
                  GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

I honestly looked good and hard for a Ferris wheel but we only get those in VT around fair time, which is in a couple more months...
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

New alternate thread. Mini, Goonie, Goofy, or Putt Putt Golf.

Well maybe you can find one of these instead.
                      GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Mini golf from the south Pacific

At last I am able to participate.
                        I have been beaten at posting a few photos in the past but now finally looks like I am getting one up before anyone else. Here's the car park sign for "Lilliputt Mini Golf " (got love that pun) here in Auckland.
                        Had a lovely midwinter ride today. Fairly typical auckland conditions- sprinkle of rain now and then but not enough to make the road wet, bit of wind, and a bit of sun - 4 seasons in one day as we say. Sun was getting a bit down by the time I was passing Lilliputt, hence the glare on the sign.
                        Attached Files
                        Bill Alexander
                        New Zealand
                        78 GS1000 - Red
                        02 GSX1400 - Blue

Its is all about the journey not the destination

Comment

New tag - Yacht on at trailer

So, in another thread, in the Campfire area, we have been talking about small sailboats. I decided to swing by the marina and check out what boats were there. Found this small group of trailer keel boats.

May be a little hard for those not on the coast but let's see what happens. I have a couple of backup options if no one comes through in the next few days.

Attached Files
                          Bill Alexander
                          New Zealand
                          78 GS1000 - Red
                          02 GSX1400 - Blue

Its is all about the journey not the destination

Comment

Good to see you in the game. Let it ride till next weekend. I can get it if no one else does.
                            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

GSX 1400.......Cool! I may get a few rides in this week.Ill see what I can see.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Nice tag... will any small boat do? I'm sure I can come across something for sale on the side of the road this week. If not, the beach is not far from me...

Comment

Working...
                                X