Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spose I really need to move it up on the priority list and get her back together...
    '83 GS 1100T
    The Jet

sigpic
    '95 GSXR 750w
    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

With the clarity of my flip phone photos, I can go down the road and take a picture of a field of grass and no one would be wiser.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

The original object of the game was to get people out riding. A bike by a whale, a ghost town, a collapsed mine, a logging operation or a Ferris Wheel are all excellent tags. Players have to wait, watch the thread, and jump in when there's a tag that they can get. It all evens out, someone who can't get the whale can get the alfalfa field, a guy who can't get that can get the logging truck or the abandoned silo. Dumbing it down to the point that everyone can get every tag without going out of their way is ludicrous and lame. We really do not need another useless camera clicking exercise. There's nothing worse than a post that anyone can get, at any time, anyplace without any effort at all. Not worth firing up a motorcycle for, or a camera either.

OOhhhh, a parking lot! Woo Hooooo!!
        Last edited by tkent02; 10-07-2015, 07:17 PM.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Says the man that posted a lava field a few years ago.
          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

A cover crop of clover and alfalfa...good for the dairy cows. Next tag is in the same pic...a white farmhouse atop a hill, or on the flats for those vertically challenged terrain inhabitants.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
              Says the man that posted a lava field a few years ago.
              Perhaps my sarcasm escapes you. I'll edit it.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                The original object of the game was to get people out riding. A bike by a whale, a ghost town, a collapsed mine, a logging operation or a Ferris Wheel are all excellent tags. Players have to wait, watch the thread, and jump in when there's a tag that they can get. It all evens out, someone who can't get the whale can get the alfalfa field, a guy who can't get that can get the logging truck or the abandoned silo. Dumbing it down to the point that everyone can get every tag without going out of their way is ludicrous and lame. We really do not need another useless camera clicking exercise. There's nothing worse than a post that anyone can get, at any time, anyplace without any effort at all. Not worth firing up a motorcycle for.

I have to agree with this new edit. Well said...

I mean, is anybody actually WAITING for a tag they can get as THE excuse to go for a ride? I ride as much as I can, and this game is usually a second or third thought when I do. It quite often crosses my mind to check the thread AFTER I get back from a good long ride...
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

The original object of the game was to get people out riding. A bike by a whale, a ghost town, a collapsed mine, a logging operation or a Ferris Wheel are all excellent tags. Players have to wait, watch the thread, and jump in when there's a tag that they can get. It all evens out, someone who can't get the whale can get the alfalfa field, a guy who can't get that can get the logging truck or the abandoned silo. Dumbing it down to the point that everyone can get every tag without going out of their way is ludicrous and lame. We really do not need another useless camera clicking exercise. There's nothing worse than a post that anyone can get, at any time, anyplace without any effort at all. Not worth firing up a motorcycle for, or a camera either.

Right. There needs to be a balance doesn't there. There is no point having tags so generic everyone can get them out the front window of their house but also no point making them so specific that they rule out virtually everyone. The ideal tag is something that might be in any place on the planet but something you wouldn't normally see every day. For instance the EMS vehicle one recently was great - there was potential to get it but needed a bit of luck (or knowledge) - in my case there is one within a km of my work but it is behind a chain link fence on top of a very steep grass berm and without a crane I wasn't going to get my bike in shot. I was watching out for another but didn't get lucky.

If the tag we remarked on had been a stated as generic crop rather than specifically alfalfa it would have opened it to more people - still a challenge for the likes of me - I have a minimum of 30 min ride before I find a field of anything. Ironically last weekend I was riding through market garden country and could have had shots in 50 crop fields.

Anyway, there is always going to be tags that just won't work for some people - as long as there are others that do work its all cool. Besides its just a game, right.
                  Bill Alexander
                  New Zealand
                  78 GS1000 - Red
                  02 GSX1400 - Blue

Its is all about the journey not the destination

Comment

So, I guess the moose I spotted in spandex would be no go then?? Darn city folk.
                    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Sorry Boys... Didn't know my tags were causing such a head ache. Guess I'm out for the time being and won't contribute for I'm unsure of how the rules should be played... I put a tag up that no one could grab then got a tag to keep things moving and get the ball in someone else's court, guess that was a baddy.

I just wanna get some pics in before the freeze and we are stuck looking at how gorgeous Trevor's neck of the woods is...
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

No, stick around. The hard tags are the only ones worth doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                          So, I guess the moose I spotted in spandex would be no go then?? Darn city folk.
                          No, that would be fine, just don't specify the color of the spandex.

Comment

FWIW, here is the original post for guidelines for this thread...over time it has changed some as people come and go and comment on the game.

"This was from Vancouver Island riders who got it from someone else it's a cool game.. Someone starts the game by posting a picture with the bike posed somewhere specific....the first to post a CLEAR picture ( we just want the bike but it's ok if you're in there too just don't block the bike) gets to choose the next now some allowances have to be made for the size of our group and diversity of locations so say if you choose the next location as in front of city hall it can be any city hall...be creative and let's have some fun...since mine isn't running yet it's in the driveway!!That's where we all start a ride eh...What I'd like to choose as a start is a bike posed in front of a statue or in our case Victoria has this big bear downtown anything along those lines. Use your imagination but keep it generic so everyone can give it a whirl...Give you an extra reason to go ride...!!"

So yeah, find something worth going after but if there's no response in a week or so, most of us have posted a new tag anyway to ease the ability to find. Enough of the controversy, I posted a new tag yesterday, so everyone keep playing and enjoy another excuse to ride somewhere you might not otherwise. I know there are a lot of white farm houses in VT Justin.

Comment

No, stick around. The hard tags are the only ones worth doing.
                              +1 We're just, giving you the gears Jedz, as Trevor once put it. Singling out just an Alfalfa field really put the limit on players, but I like hard tags.
                              I ride every day and for fun on the weekend and use the game as a scavenger hunt. I've used up just about all my good tags, so sometimes getting a next tag that's unique is hard. So keep on playing, we need all the players we can get.
                              GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                                Who was wearing the spandex, you or the moose?
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X