This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    Are we still looking for a bowling alley?
    Yep, not a common sight in NZ and certainly none that I have seen with such an interesting façade.

Got plenty of bowling greens around though - anyone know what they are ?
    Bill Alexander
    New Zealand
    78 GS1000 - Red
    02 GSX1400 - Blue

Its is all about the journey not the destination

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Alexander View Post
      Yep, not a common sight in NZ and certainly none that I have seen with such an interesting façade.

Got one of those closer to me than a bowling alley. Not as big a sport as it once was. I see more people playing bocce around the city.......
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Yep, like a big pool table made of grass.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

OK, I'm on it.......

Comment

OK, got your bowling alley:

No fancy airplane on it but it's a bowling alley.

And the next tag, a driving range.

I know, crappy picture. My cell phone camera forgot how to focus. Really annoying phone anyway. You can see the big balls out on the ice, that's the targets color coded for how far you hit it. The little white things on the ice are golf balls. I bet they go a long way on the ice, especially in the thin air around here.
            I can find a better camera and do it again if you wish but the next tag is a driving range.

Comment

It's located on Airport Drive right down the street from the Sanford/Orlando airport. Bowling is really big in the states. The big thing now is bowling with two hands or cheating as I call it.

Check out Kings in Orlando down in the tourist area, 60 lanes. http://kingsbowlamerica.com/orlando/
              They have something you may find familiar.
              Last edited by gsrick; 02-13-2016, 03:57 PM.
              GSRick
              No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
              Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Got out today for a quick ride...it got to a high of 16 (62) today...
                Driving range..

Next is a "Fair" sign....I will accept anything to do with a fair...

No signature

Comment

Awesome timing, if the tag holds out, the Central Florida Fair starts next Thursday.
                  GSRick
                  No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                  Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

A fair ground not too far from here, but as of now no bike to go get the tag with.

Comment

Well, let's see if we can kick start this game out of dormancy....a fair sign:

Last edited by Guest; 03-08-2016, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Next tag is one we've done before, a military tank:

Comment

Well, it looks to me like you've gone and picked up the Yammie. Congrats, she sure is pretty...
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Ok...quick turn around...on tank!

Next tag is a Masonic Hall/lodge...because I don't know if there are lots of these around, in the spirit of not as many people being able to get out in the cold (you yanks really need to move to where it's warmer)...I will accept a Loin"s Lodge or a Shriner's lodge.

No signature

Comment

Local Masonic center. Couldn't grab the picture that I wanted downtown was busy today and they had something going on there.

Next tag is a fire-rescue of a large vehicle, plane, train or ship etc... even better if you can get it in use.

Here's our local Airport training area.

Comment

Seems that tags a bit tough, lets say any fire- rescue training area. If thats not grabbed I'll try and get out and grab a new tag.

Comment

Working...
                                X