Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a quick search - old St Marys Church - built in 1703. Its not terribly far, but too far to get on an evening ride with the ongoing house project. If its still hanging around by the weekend I may try.

Glad to see the game has livened up.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Somebody will have to find a church older than dirt. Fortunately around here they actually made them out of dirt!
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Does a pile of 300 year old lumber that USED to be a church count? LOL
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Anyone know how to find the oldest churches? Been googling, can't find anything although there are likely some old Spanish churches in Colorado that predate the Texas era.

Edit, no can do it. Oldest church in this state was built in 1858. Don't have time to ride to Utah this week.
          Last edited by tkent02; 08-10-2016, 05:05 PM.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

There are very few churches that old in the states and having a Riding Game player near one may be a lot fewer, it may be better if a really old church was the tag and not so age specific. Nothing against our overseas players, but in the last 5 years I've been playing, there have only been a few from Australia and I don't know of any Europeans that play the game.
            GSRick
            No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
            Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Too bad, they have 800 year old churches on every block.

Comment

According to wiki there are only 21 to choose from. Is that right ? I suppose. Still standing after 300 years. They don't list the "tag" church in Albuquerque ? Never mind....the list is incomplete.

Last edited by bonanzadave; 08-10-2016, 08:41 PM.
                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

We have this a couple hours away, but the original is long gone. 1790s is the best i can do, but not till at least Sunday.

The Cathedral Basilica of St. Augustine is a historic cathedral in St. Augustine, Florida, and the seat of the Catholic Bishop of St. Augustine. It is located at Cathedral Street between Charlotte and St. George Streets. Constructed over five years (1793–1797),[3][4] it was designated a U.S. National Historic Landmark on April 15, 1970. Originally established in 1565 and re-built in the 18th century, it is the oldest church in Florida.
                  GSRick
                  No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                  Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I just saw raygun in Las cruces as he took delivery of the monster kz 1300. I know there's a church in el paso that dates back to 1680. Let's bend his ear to keep the game going. I'm about halfway back to Albuquerque now.
                    Last edited by Burque73; 08-10-2016, 09:01 PM.
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

However long it takes, it's a great tag.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                        However long it takes, it's a great tag.
                        Wasn't someone from Ireland playing a while ago ? They've got churches 1000 years old...........
                        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                          I just saw raygun in Las cruces as he took delivery of the monster kz 1300. I know there's a church in el paso that dates back to 1680. Let's bend his ear to keep the game going. I'm about halfway back to Albuquerque now.
                          Well it turns out the original church that was built in 1680 was washed away in 1829 so the current structure was built in 1851. Sorry /: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ysleta_Mission

Comment

Bummer! Did you get any pics? Sounds like really old church, rather than any specific age is in order.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

I used my childhood church as a tag last year (?), but as a general historical building / place tag.
                              Built in 1751, a field hospital during the Revolutionary War, and still in use now.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Wow, only a couple of days since I last visited the thread and things have gotten pretty busy. Well done. I had been trying to track down a movie location around here - but looks like that's been well and truly surpassed now

Since its only a bit over 200yrs since missionaries first paid NZ a visit I'll be sitting this one out waiting for someone north of here to nab. I visited the oldest church building in NZ a couple of years ago, in a little place about 3hrs north of here. I believe it was build about 1835.
                                Bill Alexander
                                New Zealand
                                78 GS1000 - Red
                                02 GSX1400 - Blue

Its is all about the journey not the destination

Comment

Working...
                                X