Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think me and Eric pulled off a 5 tag day once. They weren't the greatest of tag ideas if I recall. lol
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

One A frame building.

Next tag is a mural.
      GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

New tag, wood barrels or old delivery truck.

Here's a mural on Rio Grande Blvd south of I 40.

Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Good tag Roger. This will be a tough one, but I have some idea where I might find this.
          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Next tag is a vintage car for sale. It was right down the street from the trike.
            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Nice find. That even looks like the same year and make truck, or real close at least.
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                Nice find. That even looks like the same year and make truck, or real close at least.
                I'd say at least one World War difference. The car would be closer, it is a '38 Ford. The truck is around a 1950 International.

This '50 looks spot on. I just noticed, are those turnips in the back and if so I wonder who might have fallen off it.
                Last edited by gsrick; 12-21-2017, 08:34 PM.
                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                  I just noticed, are those turnips in the back and if so I wonder who might have fallen off it.
                  I suppose you could say whoever can't tell the difference between a 30's and a 50's delivery truck.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

I found a cool vintage car for sale. A Packard I'm guessing 1949??

How about for the new tag, a mosaic.

"Tree of Life", This artwork recognizes the imagery of early cultures that influenced
                    the peoples of Mexico and New Mexico. The black and white figures are animal images
                    from Native American Mimbres pottery. The colorful figures are images from the
                    Maya culture. This 22' high mosaic scuplture is located at the crossroads of Fourth Street
                    and Montano Rd. in the North Valley, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
                    An Art in Public Places Program, 1999.
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

One A frame building.

Next tag is a mural.
                      what size is the rear tire on that beast?! that bike cleaned up good man!!!
                      I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                        I found a cool vintage car for sale. A Packard I'm guessing 1949??

How about for the new tag, a mosaic.

"Tree of Life", This artwork recognizes the imagery of early cultures that influenced
                        the peoples of Mexico and New Mexico. The black and white figures are animal images
                        from Native American Mimbres pottery. The colorful figures are images from the
                        Maya culture. This 22' high mosaic scuplture is located at the crossroads of Fourth Street
                        and Montano Rd. in the North Valley, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
                        An Art in Public Places Program, 1999.
                        Nice Roger, I don't think this has ever been a tag. Publix grocery stores used to all have mosaic tile murals on the outside wall. I think some of them may still be around. I won't have daylight time to check until Saturday or Sunday.
                        Last edited by gsrick; 12-27-2017, 01:18 AM.
                        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
                          what size is the rear tire on that beast?! that bike cleaned up good man!!!
                          170/60-17 the rim is a 17 x 4.5.

I haven't done much yet other than a wash and fork seals. It's a nice 20 footer, it looks nice from 20 feet away.
                          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Nice Roger, I don't think this has ever been a tag. Publix grocery stores used to all have mosaic tile murals on the outside wall. I think some of them may still be around. I won't have daylight time to check until Saturday or Sunday.
                            i know where one is, but suzy II isnt ready yet!!!!!
                            I build Pipers

Comment

I'll need a call on this one. I used up a tank of fuel trying to locate a tile mosaic, but could only find a stone one. This is the post office my father retired from. As a last resort I rode to it not remembering exactly what was on the wall, but knew there used to be something. Ugly, but still there.

This is made up of different painted stone.

The Winter Park Post Office

photo credit: Rick Kilby
                              Built in 1965, the Winter Park Post Office is listed as a significant contributor to the Downtown Winter Park Historic District. Architect Joseph Shifalo worked with contractors Cason & Moore to create this perfectly proportioned modernist “pavilion,” similar to the work of Mies van der Rohe at the Farnsworth House in Plano, Illinois (1945-1951, now owned by the National Trust for Historic Preservation). Indeed, a similarly-styled 1961 building—a bank–was recently saved and reused as the Architecture and Design Center for the Palm Springs Art Museum in California (http://www.psmuseum.org/architecture-design-center/). Shifalo taught at Rollins in the late 1950s and maintained a firm in Winter Park.
                              post office mural detail

“beer can” detail
                              The Winter Park Post Office was completed at a cost of $400,000 (about $2.5 million in today’s dollars) and features original artworks on three sides of the exterior. Two sides are decorated with an original painted-stone mural by artist Joe Testa-Secca; a completely unique metal screen composed of smashed Busch Beer cans, painted black, is installed along the east façade in an artistic take on a functional brise-soliel or sun screen. Testa-Secca, a professor emeritus at the University of Tampa, is a significant Florida artist that has exhibited worldwide with current works selling for upwards of $30,000. One of his large murals, “Symbols of Mankind,” installed on the Saunders Public Library in Tampa, was recently moved and preserved as part of a new structure.
                              More importantly, Testa-Secca provides a critical link between architecture and art in Winter Park. He won the Best of Show award at the Winter Park Sidewalk Art Show in 1965 and was subsequently awarded the commission to design murals for the new post office. According to the National Register listing for Downtown Winter Park, the post office “contains the only documented art work of Testa-Secca’s as part of a building in Winter Park and the only mural from the historic period in the historic district,” and was considered a critical element in continuing the “art” of Park Avenue and the WPSA show across Central Park.
                              Last edited by gsrick; 12-31-2017, 07:19 PM.
                              GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

If it squeaks by, the next tag is vintage signage. This sign has been around at least since '72 when we first moved to the Orlando area.

I'm not sure if I recommend going to this location though. One of the Google reviews.
                                Mack Warren
                                9 reviews · 2 photos
                                4 months ago
                                Almost got shot in front of RimTyme which is literally next door to the Orange County Sheriff's Department. One place I do not like working around and the cops hadn't showed up for 23 minutes and it was literally on the other side of their fence. Five shots no response, I wouldn't recommend anyone to shop there.
                                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X