Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I can see most of the pavement in my subdivision again. If the weather holds for the rest of the week the ice will melt enough for me to get the GS out again. Just finishing up the usual winter mods, updates and repairs. If it all works out, I will try to find a decent tag. Due to the dearth of lighthouses in central Indiana , it will probably be something else.

Comment

Well someone has got to jump start this thread, it may as well be me. I was heading out to ride down to Mexico or maybe Texas for this, but I found one a little closer. Here's your lighthouse...

Not much of a lighthouse, but hey, I'm in Colorado, it will have to do.

And since those of you in the warm coastal areas were too busy riding to play the riding game, totally blew off your obligation to photograph a lighthouse even though you had months to do so, here's a new tag you tropical types can't possibly find, unless you ride very far indeed:

A frozen lake or pond.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

sweet lighthouse!! I knew there were some riders out there
        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
          sweet lighthouse!!
          Looks like an airport control tower.....
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
            Looks like an airport control tower.....
            Nope, it's a damn lighthouse! It looks more like a lighthouse from the other side where you can see the whole thing, but that's the freeway and I didn't feel like getting killed trying to stop and take the picture.
            There is no airport within miles of my tiny lighthouse.
            There are no airplanes within miles of my tiny lighthouse.
            Now get that bike out and find us a frozen pond!

Comment

Ha...back in the game for 2011...

A frozen pond complete with geese...

And the next tag...
              A pedestrian bridge over water...(frozen or not frozen)
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Sweet Brick... Need a better picture of it.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                  Sweet Brick... Need a better picture of it.
                  She's coming along...scored a set of unrashed lower fairings over the winter...belly fairing is still rough...
                  Mounted a new front tire yesterday...still need to do the rear. ABS now works...new front springs...
                  I am liking it...today was the first ride of the year...

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

so i wanna get in on this but i'm in florida at the moment. nothin frozen down here. i think i may have no choice but to take a photo of somthing warm and tropical like....yea that should work right? any objections? or do i need to wait till i get back up north to get in the game???

Comment

Originally posted by FreshmanJoe View Post
                      so i wanna get in on this but i'm in florida at the moment. nothin frozen down here. i think i may have no choice but to take a photo of somthing warm and tropical like....yea that should work right? any objections? or do i need to wait till i get back up north to get in the game???
                      The next tag does not need to be frozen...

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                      And the next tag...A pedestrian bridge over water...(frozen or not frozen)
                      Good to see ya back on 2 wheels Bob. I should be around....in a few months.
                      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

im going for a road trip this weekend to get a new to me 850, do pictures with the bike in it count if the bike is in the back of a truck? wont be on the road for a bit but I could try to grab a tag on the way home if thats allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Skateguy50 View Post
                          im going for a road trip this weekend to get a new to me 850, do pictures with the bike in it count if the bike is in the back of a truck? wont be on the road for a bit but I could try to grab a tag on the way home if thats allowed.
                          Technically, it's a riding game, it's supposed to get people out riding. Actually, If you position the camera and the truck correctly we'd never know.
                          Got another driver going along? If you were to sit on the bike in the back of the truck as you pull into the picture spot, then you are riding?
                          It's up to you, man. We like cool pictures no matter how they got there.

Comment

Just got a funny visual of me in full gear on the bike in the back of the truck cruising down the highway...

Comment

Originally posted by Skateguy50 View Post
                              Just got a funny visual of me in full gear on the bike in the back of the truck cruising down the highway...
                              Just post that picture, that'll work!

Comment

looks like summy and dry for a couple days

pedestrian bridge over water... hmmmmm very interesting.
                                SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
                                X