This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
    Oh come on..... Any thing that says NYC will do.....
    I'll have to look. All of the "welcome to" signs that I know of are on our major highways. Maybe I can stop traffic while I take a pic. I'm sure everyone would understand.

Comment

Oh I need to get out... have not been on the bike in over a week, this car pooling thing is killing me. 2 more weeks and I am free to ride to work everyday.

Comment

i ding this game. but has others my bike is laid up. i did have a suggestion though. make a sticky or a seperate place just for games. maybe we can pool together and do a few small prizes. just a thought.

i have been working on a treasure hunt for years.

Comment

here is a picture of a town sign where i live (only eaton rapids on earth!)

and i raise you a "your bike with a boat!"

Comment

lol....sorry, living on a canal, I could cherry-pick this one!

Comment

Your bike in front of ANYTHING related to disc golf (frisbee golf, frolf, call it what you will)

If you've never heard of it, go to http://www.pdga.com/course_directory? There's probably a course near your zip code.

wimp clause : If it is decided that disc golf is too difficult to tag, I will accept your bike in front of a golf course

Comment

Originally posted by drejal View Post
                lol....sorry, living on a canal, I could cherry-pick this one!
                Dude, you missed a golden opportunity. You should have got a pic of your bike ON one of those boats. Or maybe jumping over them!

Comment

Also, I ride by a golf course every day to work. Does my bicycle count? We've got a Yamaha posting pics!

Comment

nope....the rules stipulate the "bike" must make it to the scene under it's own power!

Comment

Originally posted by Turtleface View Post
                      Also, I ride by a golf course every day to work. Does my bicycle count? We've got a Yamaha posting pics!
                      No bicycles. See rules 4 and 8.

4. One tag at a time within thread. File photos are NOT permitted.You gotta ride to play this game.

8. The motorcycle in the picture must get to the tag location under its own power
                      Believe me, I would love to use my bicycle. Now that the weather is nice, I've been spending more time on that than the bike, but seeing as this is a motorcycle site, I think we should keep it exclusively to motored bicycles.

-----

This is another tag I'll have to sit out. If no one posts a disc golf course over the weekend, then I'm posting a golf course.

EDIT: drejal beat me.

Comment

Yeah, I was mostly joking. I ride my bicycle every day as my commuter, 4.1 miles isn't enough to get the engine up to temp on the GS most days. Hell, putting on gear and warming the engine up usually takes about 15 minutes or so, and it only takes me 20 to get to work on the pedal machine. Oh well, I should be able to play here shortly, last of my order shipped today, and hopefully I'll be mobile again next weekend.

This thread is just going to be a great excuse to go splurge on an expensive digital SLR. I'm looking at getting into photography again, and what better way to scout for nice scenes than on the back of a motorcycle?

Comment

This thread is just going to be a great excuse to go splurge on an expensive digital SLR. I'm looking at getting into photography again, and what better way to scout for nice scenes than on the back of a motorcycle?
                          I hear ya. On the other site that I play on, some of the user have fancy cameras and post awesome photos that make me ashamed to have my point and shoot. Some day.

Comment

Originally posted by Theo View Post
                            I hear ya. On the other site that I play on, some of the user have fancy cameras and post awesome photos that make me ashamed to have my point and shoot. Some day.
                            Yeah, got photography is 90% composition, but some shots are impossible to compose without the right lens and filter combo. Dang it, now I have to go look at camera kits. There go my next few paychecks.

Comment

Yeah, got photography is 90% composition, but some shots are impossible to compose without the right lens and filter combo. Dang it, now I have to go look at camera kits. There go my next few paychecks.
                              Yeah and being able to adjust the depth of field or the shutter speed so that the flash is not always coming on helps a lot as well. I've got a really nice film camera I could use, but then there would be a lot of down time between tags .

Comment

Originally posted by Theo View Post
                                Yeah and being able to adjust the depth of field or the shutter speed so that the flash is not always coming on helps a lot as well. I've got a really nice film camera I could use, but then there would be a lot of down time between tags .
                                Nice, I've got a decent SLR that I shoot black and white through. I like to use slower ISOs, enough to necessitate a good tripod, I like a nice grain. I'll probably drop enough cash for another running GS into building a good digital camera kit, but I'll still have to keep the 'ole film girl around, since it's impossible to replicate grain digitally, at least convincingly. That and I'd really like to build a darkroom, in order to control the developing process for my B&W shots.

It's not a thread-jack since we're talking about photography, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X