Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're both right, actually. This cathedral has been added to and upgraded since it was first built in the early 1150s, and through the centuries a certain mix of architectural styles was inevitable, I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Hovmod View Post
      We're both right, actually. This cathedral has been added to and upgraded since it was first built in the early 1150s, and through the centuries a certain mix of architectural styles was inevitable, I guess...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nidaros_Cathedral
      There's no bike in that Wiki pic.
      Get on it, Hovmod!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Here's a cathredal....

and the top half for what it's worth.....

Comment

Next tag...

Cross shaped tombstone.

Comment

Wow cool tags, doing just fine without exploiting the homeless!
            "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Here's the cross gravesite. Because of the way the gate is closed I couldn't get the bike into it very well. So it's circled in Red

and the entire graveyard (called Antioch Cemetery)

Next Tag, your local post office's hours

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                Here's the cross gravesite. Because of the way the gate is closed I couldn't get the bike into it very well. So it's circled in Red

You got some ugly graveyards! Do they double for cattle grazing too? Around here, the cemeteries are prime property with lovely scenery and views.
                Nice places to visit! Are your markers even made of stone?

Comment

Well, if you want pretty than I'll have to drive into town. Would you like me to dress them up in pretty bows too?

From what I know of this one, some of the graves are over 100 years old.

Course it's pretty morbid to be driving through them just to take pictures you know.

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                    Well, if you want pretty than I'll have to drive into town. Would you like me to dress them up in pretty bows too?

From what I know of this one, some of the graves are over 100 years old.

Course it's pretty morbid to be driving through them just to take pictures you know.
                    This cemetery was right around the corner from the cathredral, and caught my eye. There really are some extravagant graveyards around and actually make for an interesting stop. After all, the dead don't get much enjoyment out of the picturesque setting and might as well let the living enjoy it. You also get a sense of history in an old graveyard. Besides, graveyards don't unnerve me. We all wind up dead anyway... it's what happens after that should concern us.

Comment

OK...local post office hours...

And....

A carnival...(non-permanent)...extra points for carny workers....
                      Last edited by Baatfam; 06-12-2011, 02:31 PM.
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thats a good one Bob

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Did the carnival pic not show up for anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtByScars View Post
                            Did the carnival pic not show up for anyone else?
                            No problem here at work...did the post office shots show up?

Here is the direct link:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Showed up for me.

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Surely someone has a carnival in town some place? I guess I'll have to go riding around town this weekend then to find one.

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Working...
                                X