Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How inaccessible can it be? There's a nicely paved walk going right to it.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

It's for pedestrians only, and a Peace Officer was having lunch in the parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
        It's for pedestrians only, and a Peace Officer was having lunch in the parking lot.
        You can easily out run him, just toss donuts off the back of the bike as you wheelie past.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

OK, I'll see your public place, complete with playground and picnic kiosk, in a very northwoods theme. Couldn't find the Peace Officer hanging out though...

I'll raise you one old RED caboose, wooden sided. No metal cabooses allowed, color is not important, doesn't even have to be pretty, it can be dilapidated.....

Comment

can it be attached to a train or abandoned on the tracks like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Skateguy50 View Post
              can it be attached to a train or abandoned on the tracks like that?
              Doesn't matter either way works for me.

Comment

I can see one from my window as I type. Wooden sides and all. Yes it too, is red...

Now, if Cliff hadn't plagued me with his "rain for the next week" comment, I could take three minutes and prove it to you. Rained this morning, will be raining in an hour or two, and is forecasted to rain on and off, for the next 4 days.

Thanks, Cliff!

Comment

got one on the way to fix my brother's car. might not get online to post it till later but I will try.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
                    I can see one from my window as I type. Wooden sides and all. Yes it too, is red...

Now, if Cliff hadn't plagued me with his "rain for the next week" comment, I could take three minutes and prove it to you. Rained this morning, will be raining in an hour or two, and is forecasted to rain on and off, for the next 4 days.

Thanks, Cliff!
                    Excuses, excuses...... It isn't raining here, in fact, the sun is shining, and the clouds are moving northward. Does that mean you're sending the rain this way now?

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                      Excuses, excuses...... It isn't raining here, in fact, the sun is shining, and the clouds are moving northward. Does that mean you're sending the rain this way now?
                      Yes it does. I'll take the 850 to work tomorrow and "play the game". Heck...I might just ADD to the game!

Comment

Hope this one counts, its pretty old at least.

New tag is any type of "natural disaster" had some better spots but was getting dark so the side of the highway will have to do. This was from the tornado we got a few weeks back, this strip was right next to one of the bridges we are rebuilding and just missed it.

Close up of some of the trees, the stretches where it crosse houses or down town areas was much worse... luckily it traveled through a lot of woods too.

Comment

That caboose is a little different. It doesn't have the cupola on it, just has the "bay" windows. No natural disasters in my area for quite awhile around here, I'd have to go down to Wadena (not too far) to get pictures of last year's F5 tornado carnage (still not fully cleaned up), or the Twin Cities for pictures of their recent tornado damage.

Comment

Like most of these can be creative if needed to keep it going, lets see if anyone has anything recent. Guess the one here was rated F3 but last tornado in these parts was like in the 40s so we are not used to it. I had no clue any of that was going on when I left work during all that.

Edit, also your call on the caboose its old but I saw rivets and looks to be mostly metal sided. They closed that line down way back and even had a pretty serious derailment around 1900. My old house had a slate roof over wood shingles, story goes the derailment was freight cars of slate so they sold them cheap to the houses nearby.
                            Last edited by Guest; 06-21-2011, 09:45 AM.

Comment

From the looks of it, that's probably one of the older wood sided cabooses updated. I think the cupola must have been removed and the bay windows added (just from looking at the design). It looks like someone used it for living in at one time, with the frosted window in the bay window. It's interesting, it makes a good tag.

Comment

I think its used as an exhibit of some sorts, the small station behind it is fully renovated and is actually used as the local registry of motor vehicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X