X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found one! Be right back...

Comment

Dave, thanks for the link! Turns out there was one less than two miles from my house! Sorry for the subpar quality my phone captures

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Toga View Post
        Dave, thanks for the link! Turns out there was one less than two miles from my house! Sorry for the subpar quality my phone captures
        Looks like good picture of a nice bike to me. ANd, yep, looks like a full size coal fired steam locomotive to me.
        Yep, full size, but a smaller one, a 0-6-0. All rides on the 6 drive wheels.
        But proably could not tell if it was wood fired, but definaitly isnt a diesel-electric.
        I just like to imagine what it was like to shovel in the coal (or better yet, tell tell the fireman to shovel in more) and operate one of those things. And to think how many of them there used to be.
        I have visited/rode a few operating steam locmotives over the years.
        Oh, and the engineer would not tell fireman to "shovel in more", he would tell the fireman which type of coal (they often carried 2 or 3 or more types) and would tell fireman weiter to put in front or in back of the firebox (front would heat the steam for quicker responce, back would heat the water for more power later on). Would have to do that knowing the terrain ahead.

By the way, what place and engine is that? THe one car that can see just the front of looked like might be a passenger car.
        (later note: I see number 31 on the list for IL)

Anyway, back to the tag game.....

And.... what other interesting thing/place do you present for the next "tag"....?
        (I dont think it is required to wait for verification. No question in this case).

Dave

Last edited by Redman; 07-02-2011, 04:18 PM. Reason: add later note.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Sorry for the hold up gang, I'll snap one tonight for tomorrow for the next tag

Comment

Sorry for the delay everyone. Anyway, the new tag is ice skating rink. Here is the one closest to me. It is also my place of employment (I drive the Zamboni ). Note: it must be an ICE rink

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Toga View Post
              I drive the Zamboni
              Hey!! I think Brad ( bradleymaynar) drives a Zamboni too...
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                Hey!! I think Brad ( bradleymaynar) drives a Zamboni too...
                We need pictures of the zambonies to see who drives the coolest zamboni!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

I can't believe I just read every post in this thread

I'll have to see if I can borrow the 250 Rebel for the next one. The nearest ice rink is ~20 miles away, and I dont want to risk the poor guy on the highway.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrkut View Post
                    I can't believe I just read every post in this thread
                    And that is when you decided you wanted to join .... ?

Welcome to GSR.
                    Please introduce yourself in the "Owners" section.

Dave

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I think every town in Minnesota has its own ice arena! Here's one from the next city over...

...chosen because it's on the way to the next tag. Don't know if we've done a drive-in theater before. Must be operational!

Comment

Originally posted by rteam2 View Post
                        I think every town in Minnesota has its own ice arena!
                        Lakeville has 3 !!

I love that next tag.....
                        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by rteam2 View Post
                          ... a drive-in theater before. Must be operational!
                          ah, not too many of those anymore, and they dont keep them on exhibit either.

Allthough.... there is one in Muskegon.

Comment

This website:

shows 9 drive in theaters once operated in my city, but all are now closed.

Comment

I believe we have exactly zero drive-ins in NJ. There's a Lowe's in town where ours used to be . There's one well within riding distance in Warwick NY, but I'm a slacker.
                              "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

I know of one, but it hasn't been in use for many years.......

Comment

Working...
                                X