X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
    I will be posting the next tag shortly
    Ive said it before but it deserves repeating...

Good God that is a nice looking Bike !!!!
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
      Ive said it before but it deserves repeating...

Good God that is a nice looking Bike !!!!
      Thank you

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Now for the new tag, in honor of Atlantis:

A picture with a rocket or something directly pertaining to the Space Program, no aircraft unless it says NASA on the tail. It can be a rocket or anything that gets launched or has been launched into space, it can be a picture at the entry to one of the space centers or that type. I will even accept the entrance to Edwards Air Force Base seeing as there is a major NASA operation there that the general public normally would not get near.
        I forgot to add, in the building in the background behind the rockets is a Saturn 5 Rocket that is kept in climate controlled environment, it used to sit out in the open but a few years ago they built the structure around the rocket then refurbished it.

Here are more photo's from the Johnson Space Center:
        The main entrance to the Johnson Space Center

This is Mission Control, this is where we track the missions once they clear the tower

Sorry but, due to security issues I did not venture closer to the buildings, we have really good security and I made them nervous enough taking the pictures I took.

This is where all the magic happens here at JSC, the flags in front fly 24/7 when we have a ship up, notice the flags, it's hard to see in this photo but of course the one furthest left is the US flag, the one in the middle is the Texas flag and the third pole flies two flags the NASA flag and the flag of whichever ship is up in this case Atlantis

This is bldg. 29, if you look close you will notice it has a slightly unusual shape, if you look from Google Earth you will see it is mainly round. Bldg. 29 was originally built to house the centrifuge that spun the astronauts around for "G" force training. After the Mercury and Apollo series were done the centrifuge was removed and the building was converted into a large swimming pool to train the Astronauts for working in a weightless environment. Later the pool facility was moved to Ellington Field where they now have a very large and very deep pool in which to train, the new facility is referred to as the "NBL", the Neutral Buoyancy Lab.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the extra pictures, this is just a glimpse into my world (so far).
        The new tag is something directly pertaining to the Space Program!

BTW, seeing as how the Space Program is funded through Congress by direction of the President, I will accept a picture of your bike with a member of the US Congress and if you get the President, extra points
        Last edited by wacky941; 07-10-2011, 03:27 PM.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Dang it!! Late again...

OK...game on...
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Yea, this tag will be interesting as there are only a few places to get one from so it makes it pretty difficult. I could probably snag one since where I work but the cops here are more leery about pictures on base than NASA so I'll bow out of this one.
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I had to think where I saw a rocket recently and my wife reminded me....Christa McCauliffe Planetarium, Concord, NH. Just a short but scenic detour on my commute to work this morning.

Last edited by Guest; 07-11-2011, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Now ride until the cows come home....next tag is a COW. No horses, pigs, chickens or any other Old McDonald animals....has to be a live cow!
                Should be easy for the country folks! For the local riders ...Oak Hill Rd from Loudon to Concord is a nice road where this pic is taken.

Last edited by Guest; 07-11-2011, 09:51 AM.

Comment

I see your cows (sorry, that's as close as I could get):

And I raise you a football stadium:

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                    I had to think where I saw a rocket recently and my wife reminded me....Christa McCauliffe Planetarium, Concord, NH. Just a short but scenic detour on my commute to work this morning.

SCORE!!!!!
                    Great job! I must admit I was already beginning to think about an alternative tag in case it stalled the game.

Just out of curiosity, any idea why the flags are at half staff? or is it in honor of Christa McCauliffe? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
                      SCORE!!!!!
                      Great job! I must admit I was already beginning to think about an alternative tag in case it stalled the game.

Just out of curiosity, any idea why the flags are at half staff? or is it in honor of Christa McCauliffe? Just curious.

NH soldier killed in action

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                        NH soldier killed in action
                        Sorry to hear that, my son spent seven years in the ARMY he's out now and thank you Jesus he came home safe. I know you most likely did not know the soldier but just the same, my sincere condolences to the family and all families who have lost someone in these wars.

Comment

In the interest of keeping the ball moving, here is an economy scale football stadium including a front row view of the field! College or high school football is not the passion or cash cow up here (except for the Pats) like other parts of the country but still can pack a few thousand fans on both sides of the field and qualifies with stadium seating.

Comment

OK...new tag? I've got my bike at work today...
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

In the effort to spur our housing market along and generate buying interest, the next tag is a new (or almost new) home with a For Sale sign in a new development. So have your wife hop on for a ride , and go house hunting....you never know, it might be time to find a new "crib" !
                              (maybe not as nice as this home)

Comment

there's a million houses around here for sale. i wish my bike was running. i wanna play. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X