This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Allie View Post
    Too bad I ain't getting on the bike again 'till it's a little cooler...
    December, perhaps? Do the human swamp cooler thing and ride!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

If the current tag holds, I'll have it by tomorrow morning. Actually stopped tonight, got off the bike and snapped the photo with my cell phone. Forgot to send it to the "save to pics" option and ended up with a black screen.

I'll have it by 9:00am tomorrow. Right in town and I ride by their place, every night on the way home from work.

Promise. EVEN the same colors....

AND...I have an additional photo for MY first shot at he game.

To be continued...

Comment

Soaking jackets/shirts/hankies is great for hot weather riding, but most of my riding is to work, not really ideal for that. Then again in 98 degree heat I'm such a sloth I hardly feel like even walking out to the bike.
        "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

You'll do fine Allie. We have that weather here in CO right now (upper 90s but a tad dry - thunderstorms in the evenings) and my jacket and pants are both black (reflective vest is yellow now). I'm fine as long as I'm moving as the wind helps but yea, once I stop I can feel it. I peeled off my jacket at lunch and felt really wet and disgusting but what can you do?
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Here in Texas it's been in the triple digits and I still ride with all the gear, must admit I'm soaking wet when I get home though.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Soaking jackets/shirts/hankies is great for hot weather riding, but most of my riding is to work, not really ideal for that. Then again in 98 degree heat I'm such a sloth I hardly feel like even walking out to the bike.
              Im with ya girl. I cherish the 15 min of AC in my truck back and forth to work. Our heat index was like 117 yesterday .
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                You'll do fine Allie. We have that weather here in CO right now (upper 90s but a tad dry - thunderstorms in the evenings) and my jacket and pants are both black (reflective vest is yellow now). I'm fine as long as I'm moving as the wind helps but yea, once I stop I can feel it. I peeled off my jacket at lunch and felt really wet and disgusting but what can you do?
                The thing about the wind, anywhere around body temperature and it's not really helping much. It will help evaporate moisture but you're not getting any direct cooling from it. Anything above body temp and you may as well be riding in a hair dryer.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                  Something stupid....colorful lawn chair array. At least 3 chairs and 3 colors! No trespassing on your neighbor's yard either!

OK, 2 colors and 2 chairs??? ...preferably muave and teal !!

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                    Im with ya girl. I cherish the 15 min of AC in my truck back and forth to work. Our heat index was like 117 yesterday .
                    We're at 98º right now with a HI of 110º...
                    But what really makes it special is we lost 2 out of our 4 A/C units at work...
                    Our equipment makes a lot of heat and the repair guys won't get here until tomorrow...
                    I've got 10 unhappy women working for me right now....
                    And I'll have 8 more when the night crew gets in...
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

The heat must have everyone restricted to their a/c cars and offices?

Alright, 1 colorful lawn chair??? And you can move it into the shade if you'd like!

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                        The heat must have everyone restricted to their a/c cars and offices?

Alright, 1 colorful lawn chair??? And you can move it into the shade if you'd like!
                        I went by our hardware store just yesterday and they had a bunch of colorful outdoor chairs...

But I was in the Miata....
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

A little later than planned BUT VUT WUT... Three chairs and three colors.

And a little more farm equipment. This one a Threshing Machine from the early 1900's.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
                            And a little more farm equipment. This one a Threshing Machine from the early 1900's.

That must have been designed by Dr. Seuss.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

I was gonna say... isn't that a sneech machine??

Comment

All it need is the umbrella propulsion device, popping out the top, and the think will fly...

Comment

Working...
                                X