Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does a soldier/wounder warrior statue count?

Comment

Well, I like and trust soilders, a whole lot more then politicans, so why not? Plus I have a whole lot more respect for a military convoy I occasionally see then a black towncar flanked by state police doing 90 on the turnpike! I say go for it.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

For the tag then, wounded warriors statue, famous in their own right throughout history, kinda bias being a veteran.

Next tag, local ballfield, no MLB. Bonus if you get your bike on homeplate

Last edited by Guest; 07-21-2013, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Great pictures Rich.
          I am heading out.....might have time for a tag.

Comment

I'm outta the game until this weather breaks. Yesterday I changed my oil & adjusted my chain with the garage door open (about a half hour), and my shirt was soaked through. Today, according to the weather channel it's 99 and feels like 108.

Comment

It's been the same thing here. Just nasty. A month ago, we couldn't ride much because of rain. Now we have excessive heat! I don't want to punish my bike with this kind of heat. Been a rough season so far. Hoping for a nice LONG fall...
              '83 GS 1100T
              The Jet

sigpic
              '95 GSXR 750w
              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Zim View Post
                I'm outta the game until this weather breaks. Yesterday I changed my oil & adjusted my chain with the garage door open (about a half hour), and my shirt was soaked through. Today, according to the weather channel it's 99 and feels like 108.
                Wanna hear stupid? I worked yesterday between the inside of a giant ,baking hot warehouse, and the roof of said warehouse.....got home and took a ride... my jacket was quite damp In a hurry....But I saw a cool old kz900, and a beautiful sunset......
                I dont get a chance to go out much so I "had" to take it....
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Zim View Post

Our heat indeax is a 104 today, over 90 here.

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                  Great pictures Rich.
                  got a couple more for ya from my Wv trip

Comment

Dang, no reason this tag hasn't been met if anyone is trying, the only substitution aloud is for our neighbors North of the US boarders or other countries abroad, an outdoor hockey rink or soccer field. Sorry US of A, still a local ballfield.

Comment

We been on vacation and just got home lastnight. Its beautiful out and have a ball field right across town but man am I lazy today. Finishing up laundry and may go out later and get it. Otherwise if not tagged by tomorrow I will go get it in the morning.

Really surprised no one has gotten this one already?

Comment

We'll be heading out for the Sunday morning ride. I can try to get it, but we've been in a rainy pattern lately. There is a historical field in Sanford from the Negro League of old and Tinker Field behind the Citrus Bowl.
                        GSRick
                        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

The last week and a half of commuting has been punishing to my GS, I've got an oil leak from somewhere under the front sprocket cover, my tack cable snapped, my low beam quit, slow leak in front tire from the valve stem, bottom of speedo cable came loose and dumped the wire out somewhere on the highway, the battery has been slowly holding less and less of a charge, one fork seal popped, rear running light quit, best i can get is 29 mpg ($$$) and I haven't been able to replace my coils yet so after riding for 30 minutes there is a slight but noticeable loss of power.

Long story short, I'm out of the game for a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Steel Toed Tank View Post
                            The last week and a half of commuting has been punishing to my GS, I've got an oil leak from somewhere under the front sprocket cover, my tack cable snapped, my low beam quit, slow leak in front tire from the valve stem, bottom of speedo cable came loose and dumped the wire out somewhere on the highway, the battery has been slowly holding less and less of a charge, one fork seal popped, rear running light quit, best i can get is 29 mpg ($$$) and I haven't been able to replace my coils yet so after riding for 30 minutes there is a slight but noticeable loss of power.

Long story short, I'm out of the game for a few weeks.
                            Tank, I think you seriously need to upgrade to a 1000 or a 1100G. Your killing that pour little ole 750T.
                            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

I'm sure I do, but the core of the bike is still very solid.

Mostly everything wrong with it is 32 year old parts that lasted longer than they were ever intended to.

The battery was dead when I bought the bike and it's never been 'healthy' but the T starts so easily that it worked good enough.
                              With the cold damp mornings it takes a few extra cranks to fire it up and that battery struggles with the extra cranking.

The fork seal is my own fault for buying cheap ebay parts instead of OEM.

A couple seals, a couple cables, a battery, new light bulbs and coils and I'll be rocking again.
                              Most of it I planned on doing before laying down a lot of miles but the car broke down and with the new job I didn't really have a choice.

But despite all that she's never let me down or left me stranded, so I just don't have the heart to give up on her.
                              Last edited by Guest; 07-21-2013, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Just messing with you Tank.

BTW, looking back I se Rich said no MLB. I didn't see the no without my readers and I thought it meant Minor League. Won't be so hard to get after all, just not sure if I'll get back to post in time. I'll post anyways if I get something.
                                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X