Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion, this bike shouldn't really be considered a "project."

It just doesn't run and is incomplete. But ,really, it just needs a few things. Oh yes, and I "cafed" it

Hi,

I am selling a 1971 Honda CB450 with VERY low original miles (4,741 to be exact). This bike is in EXCELLENT mechanical and cosmetic condition and has had a lot of work put into it. It has recently undergone a complete tune-up involving new points, plugs, valve adjustment, ultrasonically cleaned carbs, fresh oil, and more. The bike runs very strong and has excellent compression. Cosmetically, the bike looks as though it has been in existence for ten years instead of 40--SERIOUSLY. It is very clean and virtually rust-free. The tank is perfectly straight, shiny and and would probably look NEW if it were actually polished. The pipes (headers AND mufflers) are in pristine condition as well, and are probably in best ORIGINAL condition I have seen. They, too, could benefit from a polishing, but look great as-is.

The bike has the following add-ons:
    -New clip-on style bars that were professionally drilled to fit stock wiring
    -A genuine new-old stock (NOS) Honda headlight bucket (I accidentally cracked the original one when taking off the headlamp).
    -Cafe-style headlight ears
    -UNI pod air filters

As you can see in the pictures, the bike is in fact incomplete. In reality, it only needs THREE things to be finished:
    1) seat pan re-upholstered
    2) tank emblems painted and put back on (I have the originals and they have been stripped of their original paint) and
    3) a set of rear tail/brake lights to be installed

For purposes of retaining the value of the bike, I kept all of the original parts--including the seat, which is in multiple pieces at the moment (I was trying different things to find the right look...still haven't really come up with anything...long story)--and they are included in the sale.

In my opinion, this bike shouldn't really be considered a "project." It is pretty much complete the way it sits, just needs a few finishing touches.

I started working on this bike back in June of last year and have been FAR too busy the past few months to do anything more with it. At this point, I have simply lost interest and am deciding to redirect my resources and efforts. I am not in any hurry to sell the bike, nor do I need the money--I simply wish to reclaim my investment.

If you are interested, reach out to me by responding to this ad. Please only do so if you are truly interested, have cash in hand, and are not willing to insult me with low-ball offers. I do have a clean Oregon title in hand. The price is somewhat negotiable, depending on circumstances. Call or text me at five zero three - seven five zero - eight seven four two if you are interested.

Thank you for looking!
    Last edited by Big T; 02-18-2012, 11:36 AM.
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Oh, BTW, the instruments are sitting on my workbench, but this is what they look like.

Comment

I like the ads that say "bike did run" All bikes ran at some time like off the showroom floor !

Comment

1979 Yamaha XS650 - $3495 (Mansfield, Ct)

20,563 miles
          Dyno tuned Omar's Hooligan black ceramic coated exhaust system with midrange optimizers,
          New Metzler Lazertech tires,
          New brake master cylinder,
          Re-upholstered seat,
          New Progressive gas shocks,
          new Barnett clutch,
          520 chain conversion with new chain and sprockets,
          voltage regulator upgrade,
          fresh tuneup,
          over $3000 invested by previous owner 400 miles ago.

Visit us at:
          MOTOCONSULT
          213 Stafford Rd
          Mansfield, CT 06250
          860-465-8146

Comment

1977 Yamaha XS 360 twin - $3100 (Suffield, CT)

Date: 2012-02-18, 10:11PM EST

all original Yamaha XS 360 twin. this bike was sitting in a garage since about 1980. 1587 original miles. there are 2 dents,one on each side of the tank. this bike on a scale of 1 to 10 is a 9. carbs have been removed and cleaned. runs great. $3100 OBO i would like to keep it..but i need the room. {PHONE CALLS ONLY} i will not answer e-mails due to all the scammers...serious buyers only. 860-916-0612

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Comment

At least the 360 is a bit more of a classic, but he will have both of those probably for a lot longer.

Comment

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
                http://hartford.craigslist.org/mcd/2854817136.html

20,563 miles
                Dyno tuned Omar's Hooligan black ceramic coated exhaust system with midrange optimizers,
                Re-upholstered seat,
                new Barnett clutch,
                fresh tuneup,
                Well SURE - we'll help someone recover the money they spent in excess of the value of the bike

Comment

Originally posted by wisgolfer59 View Post
                  Well SURE - we'll help someone recover the money they spent in excess of the value of the bike
                  I actually sent the dealer an email asking what they were smoking when they came up with the price. I also said that if I came to that bike shop asking what they were asking for it because I had put 3 grand into it they would say to me "good for you but that has nothing to do with what it's worth". Dealers crack me up!
                  No signature

Comment

The '77 might be worth $1,500-2,200 if it runs GREAT and has new tires.
                    But, it would still shake you to death and make your fingers numb after about 100 miles.

I agree that he will have them for some more time.

Daniel

Comment

I didn't pay that for my bike new!

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
                      http://hartford.craigslist.org/mcd/2854817136.html

20,563 miles
                      Re-upholstered seat,
                      new Barnett clutch,
                      fresh tuneup,

Visit us at:
                      MOTOCONSULT
                      213 Stafford Rd
                      Mansfield, CT 06250
                      860-465-8146
                      www.motoconsult.net
                      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by niclpnut View Post
                        Custom Honda CB750 Chopper. Very Nice Bike. - $2300 (wichita)

Date: 2012-02-13, 11:36AM CST
                        Reply to: dzbrs-2803003177@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
                        I am selling my 1973 Honda CB750 Chopper.
                        This bike runs great, and sounds just awesome!

Here's what has been done to the bike.........
                        Custom stretched chopper frame, new wheels and tires, pull back drag bars, custom LED blinkers all around, Custom leather/fur accent Longhorns mounted on front, custom chrome Longhorn LED taillights, new grips with chrome accents, dual chrome headlights, custom chrome switch, Brand new Leather Bobber seat with chrome springs and mounting brackets, custom coffin tank, fresh candy red paint, custom panels and long sissy bar with alligator skin accents. Custom alligator accents on front and tail. Bike has aftermarket 4 into 4 exhaust, with nice chrome pipes. Bike sounds amazing! Runs great too!
                        If you're looking for a badass chopper at a great price, here it is!
                        bike is over 11 feet in length, and is a real head-turner.
                        If you wanted to remove the sissy bar, it's mounted so that you can easily remove it, back fender, etc.
                        Don't like the long chopper, shorten it up very easily.
                        Anyway, that's the bike I have, and it's a good one.
                        Asking $2300, and will entertain cash offers.
                        Bike has clean and clear Ks title.
                        Low miles as well. (i need to double check the mileage on the title and put it on here)
                        Feel free to give me a call/text/ or email me.
                        It's a great bike, and whoever gets it, will love it!!
                        Have a great week!
                        210-4922

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

What movie inspired this Theme Bike...Roadhouse?

Comment

Just might be a typo. Or, a realistic price? LOL!

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                            Just might be a typo. Or, a realistic price? LOL!

Daniel
                            No, that sounds right.
                            No signature

Comment

Right for what, not sure what $17 covers?

Comment

Originally posted by 1_v8_merc View Post
                                What movie inspired this Theme Bike...Roadhouse?

WOW talk bout fugly!!!! where's my vomiting smiley face?

Comment

Working...
                                X