Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spchips View Post
    His spelling isn't good enough for spell check. Neither was that of the founding fathers. However we got what he meant. Cut the guy a break and focus on the deal. I'd consider this an excellent condition GW for the price.

There are a lot of great american rednecks in this world with a barn full of treasures and a head full of mechanical knowledge, but don't use computers because they aren't confident in their writing ability. Don't make it worse.
    Ok, making fun of someone's literacy may not be cool, but neither is ignoring it and saying it's ok if you label yourself a redneck, a lot of young people these days don't take it seriously, and put too much value on non educational media, plus, that's not a great deal for a 75k GL, not around here anyway, last 83 I bought I paid 1200.00 back in 2010 for it and was for sale awhile before I bought it. I've seen many that year and close to it, go for a lot less this past winter.
    And before all the young people on the forum decide to defend all the other idiots out there, you're not all being lumped together, as I'm sure there a lot of old idiots as well, just today seems like education is getting further from being important in lieu of being socially accepted.
    And we're not focusing on deals in this thread, it happens to be called (Craigslist "funnies") for a reason.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-12-2012, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
      Honda 350, minor assembly huh?

The infamous "Ran When Parked"......so did the Titanic.

Comment

speed diameter cable??? ROFL

Comment

Wtf!

Well I guess along with being out of his mind with the price he`s also color blind. And stock exhaust???????????

sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
          1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
            Ok, making fun of some ones literacy may not be cool, but neither is ignoring it and saying it's ok if you label yourself a redneck, a lot of young people these days don't take it seriously, and put too much value on non educational media, plus, that's not a great deal for a 75k GL, not around here anyway, last 83 I bought I paid 1200.00 back in 2010 for it and was for sale awhile before I bought it. I've seen many that year and close to it, go for a lot less this past winter.
            And before all the young people on the forum decide to defend all the other idiots out there, your not all being lumped together, as I'm sure there a lot of old idiots as well, just today seems like education is getting further from being important in lieu of being socially accepted.
            And we're not focusing on deals in this thread, it happens to be called (Craigslist "funnies") for a reason.
            you mean "someone's" and "you're"

Comment

Thank you, I appreciate correction, I strive to be better.

To err is human, to never have learned, is just ignorant.
              Last edited by Guest; 04-12-2012, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wisgolfer59 View Post
                The infamous "Ran When Parked"......so did the Titanic.
                This is not such a bad deal I had one a couple years ago that I could not give away so I parted it and sold it on ebay ,most of it went back to the Chec republic and I made about 1400.00 on it. If I were only closer
                1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
                83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

From Maine CL and I have to throw in pic of bike in his garage-
                  If he was closer, I'd be tempted to help- just to see rest of garage!

"Hello, i have for sale a 1985 suzuki gs 550 for sale. it is in good shape and runs good when the battery is charged. i dont know what is wrong with it but it will not charge, once the battery dies so does the bike. i believe it is an electrical problem but i have been unable to fix it. email with any questions"
                  1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Any collectors looking for a project? (not mine):

Comment

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
                      you mean "someone's" and "you're"
                      Yeah, the your, you're misuse drives me crazy. You're is a contraction for you are, so if one can not substitute you are in place of You're, then it is the wrong word. Your designates possession of something as in your attitude, your bike, your mistake. How hard can it be? But alas, it appears to be a never ending circumstance.
                      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
                        From Maine CL and I have to throw in pic of bike in his garage-
                        If he was closer, I'd be tempted to help- just to see rest of garage!

"Hello, i have for sale a 1985 suzuki gs 550 for sale. it is in good shape and runs good when the battery is charged. i dont know what is wrong with it but it will not charge, once the battery dies so does the bike. i believe it is an electrical problem but i have been unable to fix it. email with any questions"

I looked that ad up. That actually seems like a good price, assuming he has the seat and title, as he is only asking $400.

Comment

Originally posted by toejams1 View Post
                          I looked that ad up. That actually seems like a good price, assuming he has the seat and title, as he is only asking $400.

http://maine.craigslist.org/mcy/2953183186.html
                          His wife will probably let you have it for $200- that way she gets her vacuum back! Mainers don't need titles after 15 years; makes for fun if you buy in Maine and attempt to register in another state that requires title.
                          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
                            His wife will probably let you have it for $200- that way she gets her vacuum back! Mainers don't need titles after 15 years; makes for fun if you buy in Maine and attempt to register in another state that requires title.
                            As long as they sign over the registration in accordance with Maine laws, your state has to honor it.
                            Yamaha fz1 2007

Comment

83 gs850

83 GS 850 - $600 (Keyport)

Date: 2012-04-13, 2:51PM PDT
                              Reply to: mgd3z-2929722778@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

It's pretty disassembled at this point. It was gutless, so I tore it apart thinking it was the piston rings. Those seem in spec, so now I'm thinking I should have checked the timing and a few other things first. Live and learn Everything on it is pretty new; just have to dial in what the problem is and you'll have a pretty sweet bike! I'm kind of just ready to move on, so I'm trying to sell it. I'll probably get around to fixing it eventually if it doesn't sell.

Call or text Jake: 360.536.3820 for pics/info

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2929722778

Comment

Check out this beast!

Comment

Working...
                                X