Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
    He also owns another "real" bike.
    In the third pic, there is a GS1100E.

Eric
    So he does... good eye there Eric!
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      Forgive me if this has already been posted. Funny guy!
      http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...AdIdZ374078815
      That's just way too funny! It is a nice bike though. I don't know if it's worth ALL of that "manley" rant, but a nice clean bike.

The 1100E on the other hand...
      '83 GS 1100T
      The Jet

sigpic
      '95 GSXR 750w
      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

The guy comes off a bit misogynistic but one thing I will agree with him on is buying more than just a bike to ride. I mean I love riding but I have enjoyed as much, if not more researching and learning about the bike. I can't wait to tear into it this off-season to get her in tip top shape.

I could have bought a new bike (my wife did) but that would have taken more than half my fun away doing that. Plus I wouldn't have met all you nutters.

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        Forgive me if this has already been posted. Funny guy!
        http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...AdIdZ374078815

Comment

You have got to see this, kinda cool and original

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
            I will guess that the propeller drive is useful for crossing lakes?
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Should have bought the cruiser first

Comment

talk about butt ugly, the MC junkyards are going to be over flowing after these last 2 seasons of hacks-a-plenty

Comment

I don't think he understands what the word custom means... if I go to the store and buy a universal headlight and ductape it to the front of my bike, It's still just a light ductaped to the front of my bike. Nothing custom about it...

Looks more like he dumped it, and repaired it with a rattle can "custom" paint job...

And I love the "custom" dirt tire he has on the front...

If you don't have less on...
                  '83 GS 1100T
                  The Jet

sigpic
                  '95 GSXR 750w
                  The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

"650 800 1000 1200 1300 1500 1600 1800"

Trying DESPERATELY to get rid of it, eh?

Eric

Comment

At least make the effort to spoke the rear wheel. That MAY elude to the time and thought of the "build".

To me, most of the quality on ANY build, is in the details. Just getting something up and rolling, is Custom Nothing.

Comment

This is too good. I want to keep it here for posterity.

Date Listed 21-May-12
                        Price $2,000.00
                        Address Ottawa, ON K1J 7L2, Canada
                        View map
                        For Sale By Owner
                        Make Yamaha
                        Model XS
                        Year 1983
                        Kilometers 19000
                        Engine Displacement (cc) 650
                        Colour Black
                        Real bike for sale. Vibrates like a real bike should. Not for women or nancy boys. 30 years old, and wears its scars and fades proudly. Are you man enough? Cause it ain't for sissies and grand prix racer wannabes trying to impress the other little boys. The real bike goes about her business with style and class. Stir her innards with a manly prod of the kickstart and she will burble to life, purring contently. But don't rush her, she ain't no fuel-injected pretty face, she has carbs, as real bikes do, and if you don't warm her up before slapping it in gear, she'll buck and kick, and you'll be stuck eatin chips on the sofa instead of ridin hard. As she enters her third decade, she knows what she want's, and if you neglect her needs, she might throw you a curveball or two, nothing serious mind, but she needs to know you're paying attention. So if you're the type of boy whose face drains and heart palpitates when you push the start button and nothing happens, put your testicles back in your purse, open a Gawker account and practice your irony, cause the real bike ain't for you. She ain't no featherweight plastic fantastic UFO. The real men who designed her didn't have some Peter Pan Titanium-Borax-Carbon-Carbon-Carbon ****e to work with. She's made from steel and aluminum and copper and chrome, the stuff that won the war. Her older sisters came to life in 1969, and they were conceived even earlier than that. They were hacked out of solid metal by master swordsmiths, some bloody great roller bearings were chucked in the general direction of the crank and camshafts, and a legend was born. They were then sold by the boatload for about 15 years before real bikes became a thing of the past. She was designed by men who oiled their own slide rules and spent their evenings puking up Sake on the bullet trains on their way home, not poncing about rendering 3D cad designs and writing endless ECU code. The upshot of all this is, the real bike can be fixed with a screwdriver, a hammer, and two cans of Faxe 10%. If you are man enough of course. If your idea of a tool box is a credit card, go ahead and mince about on that shiny V-Star 650 or your CBZQLPDRRRRRRRRR600RRRRRR in your new Zox full-face, go buy some KY and take the reaming the dealer has in store, the real bike ain't for you. But if you fancy something different, and owning a bike is part riding, part wrenching and part learning, if heaven on earth is a slow cruise in the countryside with a two beer buzz, the real bike is waiting for you. Be a real man, and buy this bike before some perennially aggrieved metrosexual flags this ad as inappropriate
                        Yamaha fz1 2007

Comment

"if heaven on earth is a slow cruise in the countryside with a two beer buzz"
                          ...if that don't sell ya, nothing will.
                          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post

And I love the "custom" dirt tire he has on the front...

That's an entire Dirt Bike Front end. So USD forks are cool, why not take the ones off that RM125 I never ride. I wonder if that front rotor can even slow that pig down.

Comment

Grab hold of something...http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/2944799456.html

Comment

Working...
                              X