No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must be all the gold plated bolts and screws. Still not sure even that would bring the total to $10K

OHhhhh it's in Canada. Must be the conversion rate.

Originally posted by MisterCinders View Post
    My favorite part of this is not the $10,000. I like the

Rare black bike in 'stock' condition
    Too many upgrades to list

If it's in "stock condition" - how can there be any upgrades to list?

Comment

There's 9,250 in cash hidden under the seat...
      '83 GS 1100T
      The Jet

sigpic
      '95 GSXR 750w
      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
        There's 9,250 in cash hidden under the seat...
        where's the other $800 hidden

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
          where's the other $800 hidden
          Well the bike had to cost him something initially...

Then again, it IS Canada. He's probably pumped 10 grand in the gas tank?
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

How much???
            '83 GS 1100T
            The Jet

sigpic
            '95 GSXR 750w
            The Rocket

Comment

Not one, but TWO bikes hacked up beyond recognition...
              '83 GS 1100T
              The Jet

sigpic
              '95 GSXR 750w
              The Rocket

Comment

Not funny, actually looks like a good deal for someone looking...
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                  http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/mcy/3055752596.html

Not one, but TWO bikes hacked up beyond recognition...

Love his "go to" tools, a Big f-ing hammer, a pry bar, channel locks, where's the duct tape??

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                    Love his "go to" tools, a Big f-ing hammer, a pry bar, channel locks, where's the duct tape??
                    Don't forget the bundle of zipties...
                    '83 GS 1100T
                    The Jet

sigpic
                    '95 GSXR 750w
                    The Rocket

Comment

Not a GS but

wow... LOL

Comment

The bike has my sympathy.
                        1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                        1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Don't ask me to explain how I wrecked it because I don't even remember
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

GS powered Golf-Cart

I wonder how many beers were needed to come up with this idea:

At least it's cheap! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by MAJikMARCer View Post
                              I wonder how many beers were needed to come up with this idea:

At least it's cheap! LOL
                              Er um, yeah... It's, uh... Wow...
                              '83 GS 1100T
                              The Jet

sigpic
                              '95 GSXR 750w
                              The Rocket

Comment

The Dreamer

He's been running this ad for about a month now. BTW, no title in OR means no title. You can't register it, you must have documentation back to the last registered owner.

***will be taking it with me when i move in about 3 weeks if nobody buys. not desperate to sell****

So, I'm moving and thinking about not taking my project bike with me.

no plastic, was laid down and the carbs need adjusted. batt is new, everything is there mechanically. no title, no vin as it was a recovered bike from a theft. I bought it from a gentleman who bought it at a tow yard in central Washington before he moved to the Portland area. It would need to be rebuilt as a constructed bike and go thru dmv vin inspection, once fully restored (which is not something that takes a lot of effort), it's the same thing as when you build a bike from scratch and this happens a lot. bill of sale is all that is needed to get the vin inspection done once the bike has been put back into working conditions (such as all lights work, signals... blah blah blah). This bike has no bent frame (as in it is straight and not damaged at all), or bent handle bars, it has minor scratches that if you were to strip it down and paint it... no one would know the wiser that it had been laid down by some jackass

:-)

Everything is mechanically sounds but the carbs which just need cleaned and sync'd, it has no turn signals (but you can get a set off ebay for very cheap) and the ignition is broken but it comes with a new one that just needs installed and a key made for it (again, not expensive since it's not in the bike right now) and the existing ignition will still function just fine as i have used it to turn the bike over several times. Head lights and brake light works great, tires are fine, chain is fine and needs cleaned but has been in oil the whole time stored. shifts gears great... I spent a lot of time getting it to where it is... now it just needs minor carb work, some new plugs as these ones are shot and it'll be running in no time. it even has emissions from california still on it if you wanted to move there sometime... but you could also just take it off if you'd like as it's not required here in oregon or in washington.

surgery has put a minor set-back on working on it. not in a hurry to sell though. just test the waters a bit. but if you are interested, be prepared to grab it and go... i really don't want to sell it but i think it needs to be done. it might just sit for another 6 months... I'm more willing to work with you on the price if you don't "beat around the bush" and maybe have something i might be of interest in as trade. just ask, we'll talk.

comes with oil, new oil filter, new haynes service manual, new dot 4 brake fluid, new fuel filter, all new hoses replaced less than two months ago as well as a new battery that has been on a smart battery maintainer the who time stored. the bike was stored in a shed as well, not outside. (this alone is about 130$ worth of stuff)

keep in mind i could get much more than 600$ if i just part it out, not to mention that if you put about 400$ into it you could resell if for 1500$ easily... and why and am i not doing this you ask... as stated before... surgery... can't do much right now. trying to save someone that headache of buying parts to piece together a bike that is nearly finished.

thanks for looking and good luck finding the next project of your dreams :-) I'll be sad to see this one go.
                                1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                                1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                                1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                                1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                                1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                                1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                                2007 DRz 400S
                                1999 ATK 490ES
                                1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Working...
                                X