No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a cracklister but they could easily be one (Ebay)

Another fine example of extreme drug usage...

De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

$2k for that rolling turd? Ha!

Comment

Look familiar?
        http://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/3055522789.html
        <SIGH>
        Destroy the bike then try to sell it for WAY more than the bike is worth.

Comment

Originally posted by MAJikMARCer View Post
          Look familiar?

<SIGH>
          My my..5000 original miles on it and the bratty little nephew does this to it. Makes me wanna cry!
          No signature

Comment

Look familiar?

<SIGH>
            I've seen that bike before. HMMMMMM...

OH, NOW I remember... Such a "great" bike sooooo fun to ride around town.
            "Wanted something fun to ride on short trips" or something like that.

Full circle, now going to someone who will either restore it or roll it up in a knot.

Comment

I find it amusing that so many of the ads say "turns heads wherever it goes" or something to that effect.

Problem is, they never say which way the heads are turning.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Look familiar?
                http://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/3055522789.html
                <SIGH>
                Is it just me, or is he riding and turn heads without the handlebars being bolted down?

How does he do that?
                1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                2007 DRz 400S
                1999 ATK 490ES
                1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  I find it amusing that so many of the ads say "turns heads wherever it goes" or something to that effect.

Problem is, they never say which way the heads are turning.

Oh, they're turning towards the bike with a scowl as the noisy thing passes by, thinking bad thoughts
                  1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                  1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                  1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                  1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                  1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                  1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                  2007 DRz 400S
                  1999 ATK 490ES
                  1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Look familiar?

<SIGH>
                    What a jackass.

If he would have only taken care of the usual things on that bike (which he said he paid almost nothing for), he could have easily sold it for $1,800 with minimal investment. Cosmetically, it was pretty much perfect.

Here's the funny thing about these abominations that people call "bobbers". The intelligence level of the person who might actually want to buy one precludes their ability to generate the revenue required to pay cash for a bike if it costs more than a few hundred dollars.

In other words, there is no market for these things, none. Idiots see them listed on Craigslist like this, and assume that they actually bring the prices they're listed at. I've watched several ebay auctions for these things, they never bring more than $1,100 or so, and most don't make reserve at that price.

I'm done mincing words anymore, these bobber guys are just f***ing morons.
                    sigpic

SUZUKI:
                    1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                    HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                    KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                    YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                      What a jackass.

Don't hold back, tell us what you really think....lol, I have to agree, it was a nice looking bike before, now he's just like so many others, and we got to talk to him first hand which pretty much confims all are rantings about these bikes and their owners, sorry to those who actually know what they're doing when they build one, he just wasn't one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                        Is it just me, or is he riding and turn heads without the handlebars being bolted down?

How does he do that?
                        Too funny !

You sir, are SOOOOOO correct. Maybe used a little Super Glue as the bolt heads would be WAY too uncool, for THAT build !

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                          What a jackass.

If he would have only taken care of the usual things on that bike (which he said he paid almost nothing for), he could have easily sold it for $1,800 with minimal investment. Cosmetically, it was pretty much perfect.

Here's the funny thing about these abominations that people call "bobbers". The intelligence level of the person who might actually want to buy one precludes their ability to generate the revenue required to pay cash for a bike if it costs more than a few hundred dollars.

In other words, there is no market for these things, none. Idiots see them listed on Craigslist like this, and assume that they actually bring the prices they're listed at. I've watched several ebay auctions for these things, they never bring more than $1,100 or so, and most don't make reserve at that price.

The only good thing about it is that it would not be too difficult to put it back to original condition.
                          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Different strokes for different folks. There are cool bobbers out there. But craigslist isn't where you will find them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
                              Too funny !

You sir, are SOOOOOO correct. Maybe used a little Super Glue as the bolt heads would be WAY too uncool, for THAT build !
                              I'm a little confused... I see the handlebar Hex bolts in the clamps... Did I miss something?
                              '83 GS 1100T
                              The Jet

sigpic
                              '95 GSXR 750w
                              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

This thing is ment

I'm sirious

1982 GS1100GLZ Sold but still loved
                                2008 Bandit 1250 Crashed (cager on a cell phone)
                                2008 Bandit 1250 #2

Comment

Working...
                                X