Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From that poor 400's ad:
    "Only 150 miles since it I got it back on the road but already have my eyes on the next project."

What that REALLY means is: that after 150 miles of this sh*t, I can't stand to ride it anymore.

Eric

Comment

That thing is clean. And probably worth what he's asking. Did I miss the joke?
      '83 GS 1100T
      The Jet

sigpic
      '95 GSXR 750w
      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
        Nothing rare about it, except all the others have been crashed and thrashed in the last 20+ years

Certainly not the original sportbike - while I could argue for my 1981 GPz 550, certainly the GSX-R 750 of 1986 trumps a 1989 KZ 750.
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
          Nothing rare about it, except all the others have been crashed and thrashed in the last 20+ years

Certainly not the original sportbike - while I could argue for my 1981 GPz 550, certainly the GSX-R 750 of 1986 trumps a 1989 KZ 750.

The original 750 Interceptor is generally regarded as the first purpose-built sportbike. This ZXR750 certainly is clean and original. I've ridden a few and they are about the most uncomfortable ride ever. The real rare one is the RR (91?) that has the aluminum tank. I took the tank off one in the shop (empty), and it feels like the tank weighs about a pound. Seriously.

Comment

The joke is asking that much money for a 23 year old motorcycle. For $5000 (never mind $10,000), there a lot of much more modern bikes to be had.

Comment

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
              The joke is asking that much money for a 23 year old motorcycle. For $5000 (never mind $10,000), there a lot of much more modern bikes to be had.
              LOL I did miss that... I thought he was asking 5000.00. didn't even notice the buy it now price. my mistake...
              '83 GS 1100T
              The Jet

sigpic
              '95 GSXR 750w
              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

um, yeah!

VW TRIKE...REDUCED AND REDUCED AGAIN - $9500 (South Burbs)

Date: 2012-06-21, 1:32PM CDT
                Reply to: jzx9h-3086369849@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
                2010 VW Bobbed Trike. Completely custom built, and titled. 1835, mild cam, dual carbs, alternator conversion, electronic ignition.Rear disc brakes, hydraulic clutch. Removable backrest.
                This bike won second place in the trike class at 2011 Peotone bike show. Include phone # when responding.
                You can see a walk around and running video of this trike (pre-paint) on You tube.
                search "VW trike movie take #1 by trikster".

'83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

Comment

If he "reduces" it any more, there won't be anything left to sell.

Notice that he didn't say "PRICE reduced".

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

um, yeah!

Date: 2012-06-21, 1:32PM CDT
                    Reply to: jzx9h-3086369849@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
                    2010 VW Bobbed Trike. Completely custom built, and titled. 1835, mild cam, dual carbs, alternator conversion, electronic ignition.Rear disc brakes, hydraulic clutch. Removable backrest.
                    This bike won second place in the trike class at 2011 Peotone bike show. Include phone # when responding.
                    You can see a walk around and running video of this trike (pre-paint) on You tube.
                    search "VW trike movie take #1 by trikster".

Or, for that money, you could buy a very nice up-scale used car.

Decisions decisions.

Eric

Comment

The gas tank is lined with pure gold!

'83 GS 1100T
                      The Jet

sigpic
                      '95 GSXR 750w
                      The Rocket

Comment

One too many zero's in the ad no doubt.
                        Either that or Monsanto is adding some secret ingredient into the local corn crops.

Eric

Comment

This one looks comfy...

1982 Honda CB450 - $3500

Date: 2012-06-20, 8:24PM CDT
                          Reply to: xtgcn-3090953863@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
                          1982 Honda CB450

****HEAD TURNER!!!

* Fully Painted Black & Red
                          * Carbs Redone
                          * Dropped, people's mouth drop when seeing this!! ***HEAD TURNER!!! * Runs and drives without any problems
                          *$3500 OBO

for more information i can be contacted at 773-963-897four

'83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

Comment

No seat and No rear suspension.
                            Yup, that should add at least $2,000 to the value.

Eric

Comment

I kinda like it

Comment

Working...
                              X